The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dani_1991

I can't decide if these would be good or not?!

I've got the Banoffee one at the minute- it's quite sweet as expected but actually pretty nice, nicer than I though it would be anyway. Although I'm slightly disturbed by the fact that the packet is supposed to have 10 servings or something and I'm sure I'll get through it in about 5 or 6 bowls...
White Chocolate KitKat Crunchy.
The temptation was there though, I might cave tomorrow.
Reply 22
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
White Chocolate KitKat Crunchy.
The temptation was there though, I might cave tomorrow.

You'll need to give into temptation very soon. In less than 3 weeks they'll be gone forever!

Sidenote: SPIED TODAY, DID NOT BUY:

Otherwise known as the SULTAN OF CEREAL. The ZEUS OF BREAKFASTS.

The reason? I would end up eating the whole box in one go, and one bowl is nutritionally sugarier and fattier than cake. BUT OH GOD, WILLPOWER TESTED TO THE MAX.
Original post by TotoMimo
You'll need to give into temptation very soon. In less than 3 weeks they'll be gone forever!

Sidenote: SPIED TODAY, DID NOT BUY:

Otherwise known as the SULTAN OF CEREAL. The ZEUS OF BREAKFASTS.

The reason? I would end up eating the whole box in one go, and one bowl is nutritionally sugarier and fattier than cake. BUT OH GOD, WILLPOWER TESTED TO THE MAX.

It's worth it. So, so worth it.
Just have a lighter lunch.
Reply 24
Haribo Smurfs!

Didn't buy em but how cool!
Reply 25
A couple of examples found today :

SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY:

"LOOKS GORGEOUS BUT DID NOT BUY BECAUSE I KNEW I'D EAT IT ALL IN ONE SITTING AND IT APPARENTLY HOLDS SIX SERVINGS" Award:

I had this whole bag for lunch yesterday. Ignore what the other person said, it's delicious. The only thing I would say is, it's more "toffee popcorn with a generous drizzling of chocolate, the chocolate causing large chunks to stick together into big popcorn-chocolate-hybrid clusters" It doesn't taste like brownie. But it does taste like sweet chocolately popcorny goodness. Who gives a **** how many "servings" it holds? The whole bag is about 750 cals, the same as an M&S sandwich and a packet of crisps. Totally doable.
The chocolate Philadelphia is disgusting. :/
I spought it. and I bought it!

S'alright. Not cheesecakey enough for me, just tastes like creamy chocolate spread
Reply 28
Original post by hannahhaworth

S'alright. Not cheesecakey enough for me, just tastes like creamy chocolate spread

:coma:
Original post by kka25
:coma:

It looks so smooth and nice in the tub, I love things liike that hahaha.
It is goooooood on hobnobs. And I don't even like them that much!
Reply 30
It looks so smooth and nice in the tub, I love things liike that hahaha.
It is goooooood on hobnobs. And I don't even like them that much!

Do you serve it cold? Or do you need to refrigerate it or something?

It looks so fattening really :yucky:
SPIED DID NOT BUY TODAY:

That Stella Artois Cidre.

Anyone tried it? Is it any good? I like my cider like... REAL cider. Not like Bulmers-easy-going-Smirnoff-Ice-Generation cider.

I like it, but then I like Bulmers so I suppose you might not :tongue:
Original post by kka25
Do you serve it cold? Or do you need to refrigerate it or something?

It looks so fattening really :yucky:

yes you refirdgerate it. Like normal cream cheese.
It's not that bad, look at the nutritional info.
In fact there's less fat in it than the tomato & basil flavour
Reply 34
Sweet so I can have beans on toast and get wasted, epic

Am I sad to totally appreciate the brown nails matching with the spread and thinking it is very well played?

On another note, I think it'd be worth trying with those sweet hovis biscuits.
Original post by MelissaJayne
Am I sad to totally appreciate the brown nails matching with the spread and thinking it is very well played?

On another note, I think it'd be worth trying with those sweet hovis biscuits.

Hahahaha yeah I realised that too. It is unfortunately unintentional. And they're more taupe than brown. Purple would have worked too
A couple of examples found today :

SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY:

"LOOKS GORGEOUS BUT DID NOT BUY BECAUSE I KNEW I'D EAT IT ALL IN ONE SITTING AND IT APPARENTLY HOLDS SIX SERVINGS" Award:

These are nice, although I'm still a traditional Butterkist girl. You are most likely going to finish them off in about 15 minutes.
Garlic pitta bread.

Almost tempted but..

Original post by dani_1991

It is nice and all, bordering on 'wow' but its not got an actual chocolate taste, more that fake artificial washed out chocolate taste.

I'd agree. It's very nice, don't get me wrong. But when you see chocolate brownie flavoured popcorn you immediately thing "WOW!" but the actual thing doesn't quite live up to the wow-factor. Now, if it had chocolate brownie pieces in it as well................... :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest