The Student Room Group

Student Finance - year rule and placement year finance?

Hello guys,

I first studied in 2009 - for a year and left to work full time for two years.

This year I have returned to university and have completed this year at one university, but I am transferring to the second year of a course at a different university.

I love the course and cannot wait to transfer - but I think i've ****ed up a bit!

After looking at the course again since receiving and accepting my offer, I am confused. In one section is says that there is a compulsary placement year and another says it's an optional. I have no idea which is right, so I am waiting to find out from the uni now.

However, how will funding work? I have already used up two of my four years.. so I would be fine to finish second and third year but how to student finance work with placements?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by hvh
Hello guys,

I first studied in 2009 - for a year and left to work full time for two years.

This year I have returned to university and have completed this year at one university, but I am transferring to the second year of a course at a different university.

I love the course and cannot wait to transfer - but I think i've ****ed up a bit!

After looking at the course again since receiving and accepting my offer, I am confused. In one section is says that there is a compulsary placement year and another says it's an optional. I have no idea which is right, so I am waiting to find out from the uni now.

However, how will funding work? I have already used up two of my four years.. so I would be fine to finish second and third year but how to student finance work with placements?

Thanks.

No one gets "4 years in total". You get:

length of course + 1 year - previous study

So, if your new course is 4 years long, with 2nd year entry, you'd be fully funded for the duration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending