The Student Room Group

My brother got beat up, should we involve the police??

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, you need to speak to the police. What they've done is assault, and if you ignore it they'll only do it again to someone else, harder.
Reply 21
I think that the princaple might not want to make a big thing out of it because as i heard from other family friends' mum's and my brother that there are many crimes happening in his school. my brother even said that about twice or three time the police came in to arrest some people and check everyone's bags for dugs and weapons.

but the princaple was nice to my mum and was on our side.
Original post by Betzella
I think that the princaple might not want to make a big thing out of it

I think you're right. He wants to protect the reputation of the school. It also reflects badly on him personally as being unable to control his pupils.
If he thinks he can stop you telling the police and 'hush you up', he will.
wow ur brothers m8 is a btch
I think that the princaple might not want to make a big thing out of it because as i heard from other family friends' mum's and my brother that there are many crimes happening in his school. my brother even said that about twice or three time the police came in to arrest some people and check everyone's bags for dugs and weapons.

but the princaple was nice to my mum and was on our side.

He's on the school's side. They're the ones who pay him. Add to that natural sympathy.

You shouldn't be deciding on whether to report assault based on how nice somebody is being to you.
my mother is thinking of going to the police office tomorrow to report it, my brother thinks that we should just leave it.
i mean once that boy came to my brother's birthday and gave us chocolate and they went out to the cinimas, my brother says that they were very good friends, my brother even buys him money from the cafeteria, this fight just came out of no where!

i know that sometimes we hang in a group and there might be that one person who doesn't want to hang out with that other person because they basically don't like them, but i mean if i hated someone i would try my best to avoid them, i wouldn't go punching the blood out of them.

by the sound of everyone telling me that we should tell the police, i think we should, because we are just scared that it might happen again if we let it wash off and anything could happen, my brother might get mad at them an beat them up and then the fault will turn on him.

thank you everyone, hopefully we'll teach them not to mess up with my little brother.

Your brother might be worried that if you go to the police, all of the bully's mates will turn on him [Your Brother]. Don't go to the police if he doesn't want to.
Reply 26
I agree with you, a private sit down sounds good, even my mum suggested that, but my grandfather and my uncle said that it's better off if she doesn't because she might have a fight with the boy's mum.

my brother does not want the police to get involved, and i do think that people might look at my brother differently if they have been expelled.
however what i am thinking is that he can come to my school next year which would be better for him, even my brother wants to come to my school.

i thought something like this would happen when my parent's signed him up for a boys school even my parents wanted me to go to an only girl's school but i told them that I know that there will be lots of fights in one gender schools and it's better off for me to be in a mixed school. however when they realised in that there were no sixthforms for girls they accepted me to go to a mixed school however my parents refused my brother to come with me.
Reply 27
he said that he's 100% the victim here and he's on our side.
Reply 28
i think you should leave it because what is it was gang related then your family would be in all sorts of trouble just stay calm but if this happens again you should definitely but stay anonymous as if other people in that gang found out that you told the police you will get into a lot of trouble
Reply 29
alright, so what happened is that my brother is just 13 and he's new to this boys school, recently today the principle called home and told us that he got into a fight, he didn't go in much detail but he called my mum up to pick my brother half way from school.

anyway, when my brother came back home from the GP i came to him and asked him to tell me what happened and if he really got beaten up, then he looked up to me and he had a black eye and he can't open his eye very well and you can see the scar under his eye, i was shocked! so i asked my mum what happened and she said that when she went to the principle, he said that my brother was 100% the victim of this fight, he said that my brother had been set up by his friend, his friend told him that "my(as in his friend's brother) can beat you" but my brother was like "no he can't"
fact about my brother, he's a big lad, but he's not the type who gets into fights or likes to get into fights
anyway his friend told him to have a walk with him and then they walked indoor and out of no where that boy's brother punched my brother in the face, his brother is two years older. my brother's friend and some other friend (were friends) started filming my brother getting punched various of times into the floor and bleeding alot form his nose/face and then they left.
some of his real friends helped my brother up form the floor

the princaple took the phones away, he told my mum that my brother didn't try to hit them back but he tried to move away from it. the principle did not want my mum to see the videos because he said that it was too violent and hard touching for my mum to see but he will show the video to the boys' mother and the boys have an exclusion from school.

some family members and out friends say that we should tell the police however we are unsure if it is worth it, do u think we should call up the police, or what?and what do you think that the police will do as they are all minors.

Just to scare them a little bit so they never step off the line ever in their lives.

ps. it is called principal a school's headmaster.
Reply 30
alright, so what happened is that my brother is just 13 and he's new to this boys school, recently today the principle called home and told us that he got into a fight, he didn't go in much detail but he called my mum up to pick my brother half way from school.

anyway, when my brother came back home from the GP i came to him and asked him to tell me what happened and if he really got beaten up, then he looked up to me and he had a black eye and he can't open his eye very well and you can see the scar under his eye, i was shocked! so i asked my mum what happened and she said that when she went to the principle, he said that my brother was 100% the victim of this fight, he said that my brother had been set up by his friend, his friend told him that "my(as in his friend's brother) can beat you" but my brother was like "no he can't"
fact about my brother, he's a big lad, but he's not the type who gets into fights or likes to get into fights
anyway his friend told him to have a walk with him and then they walked indoor and out of no where that boy's brother punched my brother in the face, his brother is two years older. my brother's friend and some other friend (were friends) started filming my brother getting punched various of times into the floor and bleeding alot form his nose/face and then they left.
some of his real friends helped my brother up form the floor

the princaple took the phones away, he told my mum that my brother didn't try to hit them back but he tried to move away from it. the principle did not want my mum to see the videos because he said that it was too violent and hard touching for my mum to see but he will show the video to the boys' mother and the boys have an exclusion from school.

some family members and out friends say that we should tell the police however we are unsure if it is worth it, do u think we should call up the police, or what?and what do you think that the police will do as they are all minors.

No offence, but with the reply your brother made he was bound to be beaten up, especially when he is new boy at school. Btw, I don't really think you should get the police involved without a good reason. Children have always been on fights, this is no new it is just that now media likes making a hype about it. I advise your mom to talk with the bullies parents', if the parents don't care then and only then I would get the police involved to intimidate the little ****ers.
Yes, you should phone the police if you think it's necessary. However, be warned that that would be social suicide, and may not be best for his social life in the long run.

Boy's schools (or at least the one I went to) have an unspoken hierarchy, a kind of social ranking. If he's new to the school, he will already be at the bottom of the ranking. By getting the police involved, it shows weakness to the other boys, and so he'll find himself struggling to climb up this ranking, and therefore is more likely to become even more of a victim.

It seems silly to talk about a school in this way, but it really is true.

P.S whoever negged me has clearly not been to a boys school.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by hassi94
If you feel it's necessary. If that happened to my little brother I'd be telling the police for certain.

Teach those bad boy a good lesson , they deserve it! what do they gain by being violent? show off of their 'muscles', power' huh , !!!

Police should be alerted, but will they take the matter seriously?
Reply 33
my parents called up the police and they had a chat with us. they asked us that it is up to us to chose their punishment and what they had done was a criminal offence.

later we asked what can they do to them
they said because it was a criminal offence it is our choice if we wanted to get them arrested or they can write them a criminal offence that it would stay with them with the rest of the time or they (the police) can go to the boy's house and give them a warning and if they continue with this action they could get arrested the second time and no questioning.

because we knew that they have a tough time at home, his mother is a single mum with about 5 children, we decided to just let the police warn then to never do such again. we didn't want to turn their lives upside down how it might is right now, we will give them a chance to have a better future.
Reply 34
More of that "they have problems at home" bull, I don't care if they have problems, what they do is not justified, just because their mam is a ho? Come on, REALLY?
If those boys aren't permanently excluded then something is seriously wrong.
they legally have to tell the police for certain as an emergency and report as an assault and battery and sew them aswell
Reply 37
Original post by cooldwayne82
they legally have to tell the police for certain as an emergency and report as an assault and battery and sew them aswell

This thread is 7 years old!

Quick Reply

Latest