The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoeWill
A couple of my friends have heard back from Cambridge and they were told by email. I can't remember where I read, but apparently they let you know by email. Rejection letters are sent though - I guess to be somewhat courteous.

I've applied to Wadham College, Oxford for English language and literature. It seems like absolutely nobody has applied to Wadham this year - looks like one could be in for a spot of luck! I find myself refreshing my emails around 20 times a day in anticipation that they've finally let me know. Worst of all is when it's a bloody Wowcher email!

Good luck everybody!

Hey, I applied for Wadham English as well! Give me a bell if you get your interview, I cocked up the ELAT so I doubt I'll get mine :/ good luck!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 41
Original post by janet.liu
Hey I applied to balliol too. Do you know whether they send invitation by subject or by college? Because I haven't heard from them yet.

It's probably a bit of both. But subjects with pre-interview tests are likely to send out invitations later, since all the papers need to be marked and the interviewee list has to be drawn up after that.
Anyone got an interview at Keble for English? :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Anna.Karenina
Anyone got an interview at Keble for English? :smile:

Do you have one? (If so, then oh God...the English interviews are coming out...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!)
Reply 44
I have an interview for law at Exeter :smile:

I got invited via email, nothing came through the post and no UCAS changes. Good luck everyone!
Original post by sarzed
Do you have one? (If so, then oh God...the English interviews are coming out...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!)

No news yet :frown: What college did you apply to?

Reply 46
Original post by Anna.Karenina
No news yet :frown: What college did you apply to?

Merton :smile: good luck! Also when it says "may be required to stay until Thursday", does that mean we can opt to stay on Wednesday night too? Cause I'm getting the train from Scotland and would need to stay mon-thurs if I got an interview? Would that be allowed? :P
Applied for Law at Merton, still hasn't heard anything. I'd rather they hurried up a bit, if I get an interview the plane ticket will cost me a fortune...
Reply 48
Any invitations from St. John's or History I'd love to know - just to give myself ease of mind haha

And congratulations to you all who have interviews! :biggrin:
Reply 49
Anyone got an interview for engineering?
Reply 50
Original post by Magdolinska
Applied for Law at Merton, still hasn't heard anything. I'd rather they hurried up a bit, if I get an interview the plane ticket will cost me a fortune...

I have the exactly same problem with Merton for PPE :/
Reply 51
Original post by Az_016

Not yet
Reply 52
Any Worcester interviews? :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Tashaax
Any Worcester interviews? :smile:

I applied to Worcester as well, and I haven't heard anything. As far as I can see, no one has either. What are you applying for?
Original post by Az_016

havent heard yet... i have a feeling it may be a little while as from the website it sounds like they draw up a shortlist, then mark the PATs and then reassess the shortlist. and since they have to wait for all the colleges to mark PATs due to the department-wide process no doubt it takes a little longer than for other subjects...
at least that's what i'm telling myself:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoeWill
A couple of my friends have heard back from Cambridge and they were told by email. I can't remember where I read, but apparently they let you know by email. Rejection letters are sent though - I guess to be somewhat courteous.

I've applied to Wadham College, Oxford for English language and literature. It seems like absolutely nobody has applied to Wadham this year - looks like one could be in for a spot of luck! I find myself refreshing my emails around 20 times a day in anticipation that they've finally let me know. Worst of all is when it's a bloody Wowcher email!

Good luck everybody!

Also applied to Wadham, but for Chemistry :smile: Good luck!
Original post by Lana_95
I applied to Worcester as well, and I haven't heard anything. As far as I can see, no one has either. What are you applying for?

Worcester applicant here too! :colondollar:

What courses did you guys apply for? Mine's E&M.
My friend got a rejection from Cambridge to do Chemical Engineering because her grades were too low - and she's predicted A*A*A, with AAAA last year. It's because she got a B in one of her physics modules...I just found that a bit insane, personally.
Original post by urbanamore
My friend got a rejection from Cambridge to do Chemical Engineering because her grades were too low - and she's predicted A*A*A, with AAAA last year. It's because she got a B in one of her physics modules...I just found that a bit insane, personally.

The criteria for Oxford and Cambridge are slightly different - Oxford look at GCSEs and generally have lower grade requirements (generally AAA, except popular courses like Maths and Medicine), whilst Cambridge look at AS modules and require at least one A*.

That's not to say that getting into one is easier than the other.
Reply 59
Original post by Shortofrange
Well I suppose these invitations come by college & not by course? I'm waiting to hear from Trinity (chemistry)

Hi, (nosy) 4th year Trinity chemist here. :redface: I think I didn't hear about my interviews until a week before they happened, back in 2008.

Oh wow, interview invitations are being sent out to people I won't even meet because I'll have left! :eek3:

Latest