The Student Room Group

McDonalds Monopoly

So, everyones favourite fast food promotion is back!

Use this thread to talk about your prizes you've won etc.

And also to prevent some people from saying "OMG IM ONLY 1 STICKER AWAY FROM GETTING A CAR!!!!" here is a list of the rare stickers

Brown iPod Docking Station Old Kent Road (50,000 Rare Stickers)

Light Blue £250 Gift Voucher Euston Road (300 Rare Stickers)

Purple Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Northumberland Avenue (500 Rare Stickers)

Orange HD Camcorder Marlborough Street (500 Rare Stickers)

Red Weekend Break Strand (700 Rare Stickers)

Yellow iPad Coventry Street (550 Rare Stickers)

Green Mini Cooper Bond Street (8 Rare Stickers)

Dark Blue £50k Mayfair (8 Rare Stickers)

Stations PS3 Liverpool St Station (450 Rare Stickers)

Source - http://www.dave-thorp.me.uk/2012/03/17/mcdonalds-monopoly-millions-2012-rare-stickers/

Also the online cash prizes:
41317 - £10
11854 - £20
5934 - £50
1149 - £20

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i won fries
Is that really how it works? D:
I've got Park Lane and I'm holding onto it as if it's £25,000
Reply 3
I've won a sugar donut and porridge, haven't actually redeemed them yet though. Also got 20% off buy a gift and 2 cinema tickets/love film trial offer. For streets I have Oxford Street, Whitehall and Pentonville Road, so nothing exciting. None of my online codes won anything :frown:
Reply 4
Trivial Pursuit was much better. Monopoly is just silly - there's no actual point to collecting the "sets" - after God knows how many years of doing this, I don't think anyone believes that they are "just" one property away from winning three helicopters and a Ferrari.
I've won 2 apple pies and got 2 park lanes, and have only been there once so far.

There are alwaysd so many Park Lanes, I imagined there would be like no Mayfairs!
Reply 6
Original post by MartinKellyisagod
Is that really how it works? D:
I've got Park Lane and I'm holding onto it as if it's £25,000

Thing is there will be thousands and thousands, and more, of that sticker and all other non-rare ones. Only 1 of each set will be rare, as the original post states. Essentially brings people into 'Omg ive got 2 of the 3 i need to win a car" in which they may end up buying Mcdonalds more in order to try and get the third despite that one being the really rare one where they probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding it.

Makes it even better for Mcdonalds as im sure only a small amount of people actually care about it and chuck it away, thus meaning they probably dont end up even giving away even 10% of the costs of the total prizes they have set out.

All i won last time this was all happening was instant food prizes :frown:
Reply 7
Instant food prizes are the reason I go to McDonalds whilst this promo is running.

Medium 3 peice chicken select meal is good as you get 4 stickers with it! and its not much more expensive than a big mac meal.

I had one Thursday but still didnt win anything
Reply 8
Original post by Tommyjw
Thing is there will be thousands and thousands, and more, of that sticker and all other non-rare ones. Only 1 of each set will be rare, as the original post states. Essentially brings people into 'Omg ive got 2 of the 3 i need to win a car" in which they may end up buying Mcdonalds more in order to try and get the third despite that one being the really rare one where they probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding it.

Makes it even better for Mcdonalds as im sure only a small amount of people actually care about it and chuck it away, thus meaning they probably dont end up even giving away even 10% of the costs of the total prizes they have set out.

All i won last time this was all happening was instant food prizes :frown:

That's the reason the big prize is 50k rather than the 500k that could be won last year. No one won the 500k last year so it's been split into 10 50ks instead so that it's easier to win. Saying that, last year only 3 of the 10 cars were won, damn the people who through away the winning stickers :colonhash:

But as someone works there, I hate hate hate having to sweep the floor with all these stickers floating around!!
Reply 9
a few years ago I got Coventry street and it was the rare sticker, THE PRIZE WAS A MINI!!! My friend said he would look after it and then he lost it ¬¬ I always use this as an example if I want him to do something for me, he is forever my slave ¬¬
Reply 10
Original post by Ronda
That's the reason the big prize is 50k rather than the 500k that could be won last year. No one won the 500k last year so it's been split into 10 50ks instead so that it's easier to win. Saying that, last year only 3 of the 10 cars were won, damn the people who through away the winning stickers :colonhash:

But as someone works there, I hate hate hate having to sweep the floor with all these stickers floating around!!

do you even read the news?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379847/Happy-Meal-Teenager-scoops-500-000-jackpot-eating-McDonalds.html
Reply 11
Original post by JordanS94
a few years ago I got Coventry street and it was the rare sticker, THE PRIZE WAS A MINI!!! My friend said he would look after it and then he lost it ¬¬ I always use this as an example if I want him to do something for me, he is forever my slave ¬¬

why were you so stupid as to 'give it to him to look after'

why couldn't you look after your own ticket.
Can't be bothered; will not bother. :fluffy:
Original post by Sin City
why were you so stupid as to 'give it to him to look after'

why couldn't you look after your own ticket.

I had a thieving brother at the time :/ and I was never good at looking after things but he lost it within a day!
Reply 14
Original post by Simple Symphony
Can't be bothered; will not bother. :fluffy:

I go McDonalds regularly anyway, so for me it's a bonus, and I hope to get the free meals prizes

if however you are just "paying to play" then it is a bit silly
Reply 15
Original post by JordanS94
I had a thieving brother at the time :/ and I was never good at looking after things but he lost it within a day!

lol, it's a tiny piece of paper, surely it's easy to hide anywhere inside your boxers, etc ..

ah well, my condolences
Reply 16
I'm trying to lose weight, so this is not good news!!! :tongue:
I have a Park Lane too :emo:
Original post by Sin City
I go McDonalds regularly anyway, so for me it's a bonus, and I hope to get the free meals prizes

if however you are just "paying to play" then it is a bit silly

I rarely go to McDonalds anyway, because i'm that awesome :ninjagirl:
Reply 19

Don't always believe what you read in the paper :wink: I think people high up in the company know what prizes were won and which weren't..

Quick Reply

Latest