The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by waqarasim
Wow!! I am obviosly going to have to break it down for you because you are just too stupid!! In islam there is no sex before marrage. Okay? And after 18 you are advised to marry, so they are old enough to give consent!!
Can you give me a single piece of evidennce of that!! Apart from you, every Muslim knows mohammads wife was older than him and he only had 1 wife!!! Stop making things up, I know Islamic teachings you don't!

dude, its common knowledge that mohamed had more than 1 wife - i knwo that and im not even a muslim, how can you not? If he was allowed to marry a 9 year old girl, then clearly every muslim man can point to him saying it is practicing islam, who can challenge what mohamed did in islam, innit bruv?
Reply 61
Original post by callum9999
I really don't see the relevance of their country of origin or religion. Unless you are suggesting that all Pakistanis and all Muslims should be deported, and the country sealed off from them - including for tourism and business purposes? If you aren't suggesting that, then what is the point in specifying race or religion - other than a shallow attempt to provoke further intolerance?

That's exactly what I'm saying, I'm giving the stats in reply to Lancelot!! Because he says it's a Muslim thing or a Pakistani thing to rape so I said it to show him he was wrong. I agree these rapist are not Muslim an it has nothing to do with religion or race
Reply 62
Original post by lancelot
dude, its common knowledge that mohamed had more than 1 wife - i knwo that and im not even a muslim, how can you not? If he was allowed to marry a 9 year old girl, then clearly every muslim man can point to him saying it is practicing islam, who can challenge what mohamed did in islam, innit bruv?

Haha you Have no common knowledge then!! Ok Tell me their names!! He had 1 wife and didn't marry a 9 year old so shut up it's disgusting and disrespectful.
Reply 63
Haha you Have no common knowledge then!! Ok Tell me their names!! He had 1 wife and didn't marry a 9 year old so shut up it's disgusting and disrespectful.

Really:confused: i dont even know what to say to that, if you dont even know mohamed had a whole bunch of wives, one was a cousin, one a daughter i law, and one he married when she was 9, then you cant really give any accurate insight to what islam allows for age of consent etc . you need to check your facts, maybe google the wives thing for yourself. You look confused brother...
Reply 64
This thread is reaching some kind of if-you're muslim-you're-a-rapist hypothesis. The act of rape is disgusting, child abuse is horrendous, period. Don't start throwing hate at particular groups of people, there's no one to blame but the British sex education system or the lack of it.
Reply 65
Original post by callum9999
I really don't see the relevance of their country of origin or religion. Unless you are suggesting that all Pakistanis and all Muslims should be deported, and the country sealed off from them - including for tourism and business purposes? If you aren't suggesting that, then what is the point in specifying race or religion - other than a shallow attempt to provoke further intolerance?

not really about deporting is it, or country of origin- the opposite acutally, mainly becuase it was the trend during the conviction of pakistanis in underage sex cases being blamed for their nationality origin by muslims on threads in TSR. But this to me seemed basic scapegoating - particualrly as i pointed out, that it has been widely shown accross different sects of islam, that muslim men beelive the age of conent for a girl is something around 9 or 10 years old.
Reply 66
Really:confused: i dont even know what to say to that, if you dont even know mohamed had a whole bunch of wives, one was a cousin, one a daughter i law, and one he married when she was 9, then you cant really give any accurate insight to what islam allows for age of consent etc . you need to check your facts, maybe google the wives thing for yourself. You look confused brother...

How about you google it and find his other wives, oh wait because he didn't!! You are obviously like to make stuff up, stop being so racist and offensive to Islam! And everything I have said it true, whereas you've constantly made your own stories.
If everyone followed Islam there would be no rapes and no issue of consent because you can only have sex with your wife once both have agreed to marry!
Reply 67
Original post by Dekota-XS
This thread is reaching some kind of if-you're muslim-you're-a-rapist hypothesis. The act of rape is disgusting, child abuse is horrendous, period. Don't start throwing hate at particular groups of people, there's no one to blame but the British sex education system or the lack of it.

to the ignorant perhaps, but then those would be the people that ignore the point already being raised becuase islamic leaders of the power to write islamic law have stated men under islam can have sex with girls of 10, there maybe a link there rather than simple coincidence.
Reply 68
When people are mad at their own lives they look for a scapegoat...Islam was sacrificed by the media. To make yourself feel better you put others below yourself to increase your self-...whats the word...confidence, image? Perfect psychology

Media exploits that n people fall for it...what can you do :/ What better way for the minority keep power than to get the majority to fight and detest each-other
Reply 69
to the ignorant perhaps, but then those would be the people that ignore the point already being raised becuase islamic leaders of the power to write islamic law have stated men under islam can have sex with girls of 10, there maybe a link there rather than simple coincidence.

Fistly who gave them this right, this is happening no where on this planet, maybe in your messed up head. There is no such law and Islamic laws are in the Quran, unchanged for 1400 years. You need to stop making stuff up bro. You may love to have sex with a 10 year old but to every Muslim and decent person it is a sick thought. There is no such law you're just ignorant
Reply 70
How about you google it and find his other wives, oh wait because he didn't!! You are obviously like to make stuff up, stop being so racist and offensive to Islam! And everything I have said it true, whereas you've constantly made your own stories.
If everyone followed Islam there would be no rapes and no issue of consent because you can only have sex with your wife once both have agreed to marry!

or they would marry various women form 9 years up? dont really follow your logic there

You need to stop making stuff up bro. You may love to have sex with a 10 year old but to every Muslim and decent person it is a sick thought.

Quoting from wikipedia on the subject-

"Aisha was six or seven years old when betrothed to Muhammad.[11][15][16] Traditional sources state that she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina,[16][17][18][19] with the single exception of al-Tabari, who records that she was ten.[15] Both Aisha and Sawda, his two wives, were given apartments adjoined to the Al-Masjid al-Nabawi mosque.

what was your comment about sick practices?

wiki lists about 8 wives i think, Zaynab bint Jahsh was Muhammad's cousin, being the daughter of one of his father's sisters

So that proves than in islam all the above is permissable to muslim men

seriously dont bother to comment on the thread if you dont actually know what you are talking about and cant be bothered to do even basic research
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by DarkTitan
When people are mad at their own lives they look for a scapegoat...Islam was sacrificed by the media. To make yourself feel better you put others below yourself to increase your self-...whats the word...confidence, image? Perfect psychology

Media exploits that n people fall for it...what can you do :/ What better way for the minority keep power than to get the majority to fight and detest each-other

but then wasnt nationality/ethnicity the "sacrifical scapegoat" offerred by muslims on tsr? i reckon you could apply most of what you said there to yourself.
Reply 72
I'll have to report you guys for digressing from the thread topic and discussing religious issues in a non-religious forum.
Reply 73
but then wasnt nationality/ethnicity the "sacrifical scapegoat" offerred by muslims on tsr? i reckon you could apply most of what you said there to yourself.

Offered by muslims on tsr? lolwut...

I suppose i could apply what i said to me...too bad none of it applies to me...
Reply 74
I'll have to report you guys for digressing from the thread topic and discussing religious issues in a non-religious forum.

they are material facts fomr the stories that all made the news, you are free to comment on the facts ie the announcment made by a high cleric in saudi was based on islam - who has a political role as well as religious, im not sure what reporting jsut becuase you personally dont like discussing the cases will achieve.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
A bit too close to home for me
Reply 76
they are material facts fomr the stories that all made the news, you are free to comment on the facts ie the announcment made by an islamic celric in saudi - who has a political role as well as religious, im not sure what reporting jsut becuase you dont like discussion the cases will achieve.

I'm trying to discourage people in the thread from raping teenage girls below the age of 10. You in particular hold some extreme views towards applying islamic laws to justify the rape of children.
Reply 77
they are material facts fomr the stories that all made the news, you are free to comment on the facts ie the announcment made by an islamic cleric in saudi - who has a political role as well as religious, im not sure what reporting jsut becuase you dont like discussion the cases will achieve.

You have just defined your intelligence level for all to see. I heard fox news is great you should watch it
Reply 78
http://www.authentictauheed.com/2011/07/age-of-hazrat-aisha-ra-when-she-married.html

Btw we established these 9 men were not Muslim so blaming Islam for these rapes is not justified
or they would marry various women form 9 years up? dont really follow your logic there

Quoting from wikipedia on the subject-

"Aisha was six or seven years old when betrothed to Muhammad.[11][15][16] Traditional sources state that she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina,[16][17][18][19] with the single exception of al-Tabari, who records that she was ten.[15] Both Aisha and Sawda, his two wives, were given apartments adjoined to the Al-Masjid al-Nabawi mosque.

what was your comment about sick practices?

wiki lists about 8 wives i think, Zaynab bint Jahsh was Muhammad's cousin, being the daughter of one of his father's sisters

So that proves than in islam all the above is permissable to muslim men

seriously dont bother to comment on the thread if you dont actually know what you are talking about and cant be bothered to do even basic research
Reply 79
I'm trying to discourage people in the thread from raping teenage girls below the age of 10. You in particular hold some extreme views towards applying islamic laws to justify the rape of children.

No iwas talking about the principle of age of consent in islam as clarified for example by high ranking clerics. If it is clarified that in islam, men are allowed to have sex with girls as young as 10, then what you describe as rape of children, would be viewed as something "justfied" by these convited men in their own twisted thinking - this was suggested by investigators

Your posts so far bare no resembalnce form discouraging from doing anything, nor is this thread able to do so. We can however debate as to the recent events in the news and whether there is correlation to crimes like these
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest