The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Overall Grade Boundaries

It's 180 for an A*, 160 for an A, 140 for a B, etc.
Reply 2
I got 181 :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Oji
I got 181 :colondollar:

Well done :smile: I got 172 :smile: My coursework brought it down?! It's weird because I got 37/40 (Raw) when my teacher marked it, then AQA marked it and I got 37 UMS - do you think there is a mistake?
186 :pierre:
Reply 5
Original post by brendonbackflip
186 :pierre:

What did you get in the exams?
Original post by TGG_
What did you get in the exams?

I have no idea which unit is coursework and whats what exam, but I got 80 (a*) unit 1, 58 (a) for unit 2, and 48 (a*) for unit 3
Reply 7
I have no idea which unit is coursework and whats what exam, but I got 80 (a*) unit 1, 58 (a) for unit 2, and 48 (a*) for unit 3

Well done! I got 71/80, 64/70 for U2 and U3 I got 37 UMS but I got 37/40 when my teacher marked it; I believe there has been a mistake!
Original post by TGG_
Well done! I got 71/80, 64/70 for U2 and U3 I got 37 UMS but I got 37/40 when my teacher marked it; I believe there has been a mistake!

What grade was 37 UMS? (sorry I get really confused haha) An A is still really good though! So Unit 3's the coursework...you don't happen to know what unit was poetry and what one was the prose?
Reply 9
What grade was 37 UMS? (sorry I get really confused haha) An A is still really good though! So Unit 3's the coursework...you don't happen to know what unit was poetry and what one was the prose?

Indeed I do! Unit 1 is the prose, Unit 2 in the poetry and U3 is the coursework. 37 UMS is 28 raw I believe :frown: Can't believe it went down 9 marks. Going to ask my exam officer what he thinks - definitely a mistake.
Original post by TGG_
Indeed I do! Unit 1 is the prose, Unit 2 in the poetry and U3 is the coursework. 37 UMS is 28 raw I believe :frown: Can't believe it went down 9 marks. Going to ask my exam officer what he thinks - definitely a mistake.

got an A* in a paper I didn't finish. wut :eek:

Aw that's rough :frown: Have you spoken to your English teacher/department? They will probably have the reason why you got marked down from the exam board. And if everyone got majorly marked down, they might appeal. Although your exam officer is probably a good place to go.
Reply 11
got an A* in a paper I didn't finish. wut :eek:

Aw that's rough :frown: Have you spoken to your English teacher/department? They will probably have the reason why you got marked down from the exam board. And if everyone got majorly marked down, they might appeal. Although your exam officer is probably a good place to go.

I may leave it, I am content with an A! Especially with mitigating circumstances... Still gunna ask my college tomorrow during my enrolment interview :biggrin:
Original post by TGG_
I may leave it, I am content with an A! Especially with mitigating circumstances... Still gunna ask my college tomorrow during my enrolment interview :biggrin:

it is a great grade, you should be happy regardless :smile:
Reply 13
it is a great grade, you should be happy regardless :smile:

thanks for your advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest