The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Ask Absolutely Anything! (+FAQ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 12284
Hi,
Does anyone know how far the uni is from the city centre?
Thanks!

10 minutes on the now more reliable, 12X.

As for first year chemistry, the uni already has the 120 credits worth of modules for you anyway, which are compulsory and you need to pass them. If you take any more modules, thats on you.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Antspitfire333
Can I get a student bus pass for the year that covers all bus journeys in the area? If so, how much?

I believe for the whole year its roughly £300 but don't quote me.
Its £10 a week for coventry national express.
Original post by Antspitfire333
Can I get a student bus pass for the year that covers all bus journeys in the area? If so, how much?

I'm told there is one, but I don't know what it is or how much it costs, sorry.
Other than having one of the best math departments in the world and a good business school, what other areas of study would you say that Wawrick in particular stands out?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3804
Hi, anyone applied for Economics MSc for this year? Just wondering how long it takes to hear back :smile:
Reply 3805
To any current Maths and MathPhys students in here: What is the whole thing of Maths students and lecturers hating on MathPhys students?? :rofl: It is the only uni I have seen where this happens haha Why is it? I seriously can't understand it.
Hi everyone!
I Firmed Warwick for the Msc Behavioural and Economic Science and I am very anxious that it will too demanding to enjoy my time in UK! (I am from Canada). Just how hard is a Msc economics at Warwick really??

Thank you for the help!
does anyone need or know of anyone who needs student accommodation in coventry? as i am currently looking for someone to fill my room in private accommodation.
thanks.
Hi there.I'm an Erasmus student and I'm going to carry out an internship at Warwick for 4 months (June-September).I need some advice on accommodation. Unfortunately I have a small budget.Please help, I really appreciate it.

(On campus accommodation is not an option since I'm not a full time student in the UK)
How much does a single/return bus ticket from Leamington Spa Rail station to uni of Warwick cost, and how much does a single/return bus ticket from Coventry rail station to Warwick uni cost?

Thanks
I have recently got an offer from Warwick for Economics- currently trying to decide between this course, Statistics, Economics and Finance at UCL and Bocconi's Economics, Management and Computer Science (this is an Italian university- much lower costs and they gave me a scholarship). Could anybody give me an insight on Warwick? What is it like? I've heard, that it is very corporate-oriented, is that true? Thank you so much!
Original post by Ali1302
Other than having one of the best math departments in the world and a good business school, what other areas of study would you say that Wawrick in particular stands out?

Apparently: PAIS, Politics, English, spec Creative Writing, Carribbean studies...
Hi. I am interested in studying Psychology at Warwick. The course does not require any specific A Levels as long as you meet the science and maths GCSE requirements (which I do). The course asks for A level results of AAB and predictions of ABB or above.

I am aware however that preference will be given to students from a scientific background. Do I stand a chance of being accepted with predicted A2 grades of AAB in English Literature, Classical Civilisation and Politics?

I also will have an AS level in RS and reasonable GCSE results, 7 A*/As and 3Bs. Psychology GCSE and A Level weren't offered at my school so I am doing the GCSE independently this years alongside my A2s.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi.

I've noticed that Warwick lacks a 'Pure Mathematics' undergraduate course (unlike Imperial or St. Andrews etc.). Does the regular Mathematics course offer enough flexibility for me to pursue a study in Pure Mathematics or is Warwick more known for applied/practical mathematics.

Thanks.
Original post by rebirth61213
Hi.

I've noticed that Warwick lacks a 'Pure Mathematics' undergraduate course (unlike Imperial or St. Andrews etc.). Does the regular Mathematics course offer enough flexibility for me to pursue a study in Pure Mathematics or is Warwick more known for applied/practical mathematics.

Thanks.

The mathematics course is heavily weighted in favour of pure mathematics. It's more that we don't have an applied mathematics course than that we don't have a pure mathematics course.
Hi, not sure whether it is the right place to ask, but any advice would be helpful to me during this nervous period before the result day.

So, I don't think i can meet the A*AA offer for my L100 economics. instead, it is quite likely for me to get A*A*B or even C. My third subject went wrong all down to one unfinished paper... i have checked the weight of my unfinished questions......(sure extenuating circumstances are related but i know it matters more to the university when giving an offer than giving you a place actually based on that)

but i get an a in AS history and highly likely an a in AS further maths.

what is my chance of getting accepted? thanks a lot.
Hello everybody,I'm a french applicant who received an offer to study Accounting and Finance at Warwick a couple of months ago. Last Tuesday, the result of the french baccalaureate had been published and I've done better than expected as I got a Mention Trés Bien (16,5/20) and I was predicted to get a Mention Bien (15/20), even if I think accounting and finance is an amazing course I would prefer to study maths and economics at university, do you think it's possible for me to move from WBS to the math department? Thank you
Original post by kira1998
Hello everybody,I'm a french applicant who received an offer to study Accounting and Finance at Warwick a couple of months ago. Last Tuesday, the result of the french baccalaureate had been published and I've done better than expected as I got a Mention Trés Bien (16,5/20) and I was predicted to get a Mention Bien (15/20), even if I think accounting and finance is an amazing course I would prefer to study maths and economics at university, do you think it's possible for me to move from WBS to the math department? Thank you

Nobody here can answer that question reliably. Email the maths department and ask.
Does the Law Dept allow overcatting? If so, to what extent?
Reply 3819
Original post by kira1998

Its worth knowing that WBS and Warwick University almost like two different universities. Two administration departments. Different student services. Different buildings. It's not like WBS is one department and maths is another. So with that in mind, it'll be difficult to just 'transfer' over. However, its worth phoning them up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending