The Student Room Group

Rick Santorum, a man after my own heart.

[video="youtube;yn-eejMcmuA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yn-eejMcmuA[/video]

I have no words. How does he even keep a straight face when spewing out such absolute BS? And worst of all, you can just HEAR the crowd gasp in terror as they eat it up.
Worst part is, he's jumped in the polls since this little extravaganza.

Scroll to see replies

I wish I could say "only in America"
His views on gay marriage are appalling.
I hope he follows Michele Bachman and fails in his attempt for the White House
Or he could win the nomination and make sure that there is no way in hell the Republicans win the election.
Reply 4
Original post by FrigidSymphony
Or he could win the nomination and make sure that there is no way in hell the Republicans win the election.

But why shouldn't a republican win?

Haha look at all the Obama fanboys negging me for asking a question.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by .eXe
But why shouldn't a republican win?

Excuse me sir. Have you SEEN this year's republican candidates?
Reply 6
Original post by Pavlina
Excuse me sir. Have you SEEN this year's republican candidates?

Excuse me, but I see nothing wrong with Ron Paul. The rest, you're right about them.
Cool, let's hope he gets the nomination so the Reps don't win.
They are all scum. Did you watch Poor America on Panorama?
None of them said it was morally wrong for a man to die from hunger.
Reply 9
Santorum is a horrible and idiotic person - even relative to Fox news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrZtlnsBq_Y
Reply 10
Original post by .eXe
Excuse me, but I see nothing wrong with Ron Paul. The rest, you're right about them.

I quite like Ron Paul as well, but unfortunately as you may have seen from the polls he doesn't stand a chance in hell. Consequently, if the Republicans win, it'll either be Santorum or Romney. And if either of them becomes POTUS, the US is in big trouble.
Reply 11
Original post by blueray
They are all scum. Did you watch Poor America on Panorama?
None of them said it was morally wrong for a man to die from hunger.

So if they had said that, you'd be voting for them?

Is that really the issue why you feel republicans aren't good? Reps like Ron Paul advocate for people to take responsibility for their lives...why is that so wrong?

We all know smoking is bad...yet people are irresponsible and smoke. Why should the state foot their bills after they get lung cancer? They made an irresponsible decision not the government.

Now RP's main arguemnt is saving money, which can then be used to provide care for those who are poor and cannot feed themselves. However, you can see that the main issue is saving money, not feeding hungry people, because if you don't save the money like RP wants, then you cannot have any to help the hungry out.

I don't get what is so wrong with this way of thinking and might I add, Ron Paul is the only one who advocates that.
Reply 12
Original post by .eXe
Is that really the issue why you feel republicans aren't good? Reps like Ron Paul advocate for people to take responsibility for their lives...why is that so wrong?

Because some people cannot take care of their own damn lives because of how they've been brought up and their own financial situation. His potential policies on Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security are terrible.

Ron Paul is by far the best Republican candidate, but he's the best of a bad bunch. I respect his foreign policies, but not his national ones.

He hasn't got a chance in hell anyways.
Reply 13
Original post by Pavlina
I quite like Ron Paul as well, but unfortunately as you may have seen from the polls he doesn't stand a chance in hell. Consequently, if the Republicans win, it'll either be Santorum or Romney. And if either of them becomes POTUS, the US is in big trouble.

Ah but you forget, Ron will do very well in some major states, where Romney and Santorum will not. For exmple, Texas (his home state), New York, California all support Ron Paul, and he's almost won outright majorities in straw polls there. Maine was a fiasco and was entirely mismanaged and was totally unfair to RP, as many think he would also have won there. It was a similar story in Iowa, where Washington County votes were simply ignored and that place is a major Ron Paul supporter.

So yes, due to cheating and vote fixing, he may not have a chance of winning but imagine if the majority actually does vote for Ron Paul. How many votes can the media and government possibly hide? There will be a point when the vote in favour for RP will simply be too overwhelming to ignore.
Original post by .eXe
So if they had said that, you'd be voting for them?

We all know smoking is bad...yet people are irresponsible and smoke. Why should the state foot their bills after they get lung cancer? They made an irresponsible decision not the government.

Now RP's main arguemnt is saving money, which can then be used to provide care for those who are poor and cannot feed themselves. However, you can see that the main issue is saving money, not feeding hungry people, because if you don't save the money like RP wants, then you cannot have any to help the hungry out.

I don't get what is so wrong with this way of thinking and might I add, Ron Paul is the only one who advocates that.

Hunger and smoking is very different. You don't make a choice when you go hungry.
Reply 15
Original post by blueray
Hunger and smoking is very different. You don't make a choice when you go hungry.

If you continued to read I justified how Ron Paul plans to help those who are hungry. You cant just expect blindly for miracles to happen...he wants to save money which can then be used for these...noble causes.

What exactly do you want from politicians? Blind promises? Its very easy for him to go up on stage and say yeah Ill help the hungry...but where the hell will he get the money from to help them?

He's a practical guy who wants to take care of the money issue first, which can then be used for other, less wasteful causes.
I thought this was the name of the guy with the boot on his head...
Original post by .eXe
If you continued to read I justified how Ron Paul plans to help those who are hungry. You cant just expect blindly for miracles to happen...he wants to save money which can then be used for these...noble causes.

What exactly do you want from politicians? Blind promises? Its very easy for him to go up on stage and say yeah Ill help the hungry...but where the hell will he get the money from to help them?

He's a practical guy who wants to take care of the money issue first, which can then be used for other, less wasteful causes.

Is it not a coincidence that the rich keep on getting richer? Will he tax the rich? They will hate him.
Reply 18
To all the retards who neg without even reading, thank you for your excellent contributions. If you actually pause to read before you neg, you will see that I try my best to justify what I say, as opposed to you idiots who are comfortable just anonymously negging others without any input from your part. Goddamn cowards.

Edit: and two morons proved my point. yay
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
Another faceless corporate warmonger drone. Don't believe a word he says.

Ron Paul 2012

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending