The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fulfill_dreams015
For A-levels: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and History :biggrin:

What would you like to do at University?
Reply 4041
Original post by Pandora.
Cubic, you're going down bro. :colonhash:

Oh noes.
Most people are doing the same A-levels on here with a few differences
To all the A*/A regulars on here. How do you revise? Also what is everyone aiming to get for their GCSE's?
To all the A*/A regulars on here. How do you revise? Also what is everyone aiming to get for their GCSE's?

Just take notes out of your book (then past papers), apart from Maths and Science just do past papers.
I'm not aimng for anything in particular to avoid disappointment, I've worked my hardest so I'll get the best of my ability regardless of what grade I get.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Most people are doing the same A-levels on here with a few differences

Pretty much! Although there are a few taking the 'English's' :curious:

Past papers are your best best. Obviously read throu a revision book beforehand. But past papers are fantastic. Solely because you have then answered actual test paper questions, and the questions they ask are VERY similar every year. So once you have done all the past papers, there isn't much they can throw at you that you haven't already seen IMO.
Reply 4047
Original post by CharlieBoardman
IMO

I always get confused between IMO being in my opinion and the olympiad. Also, IB being investment banking and what ever that international bapowkoajoaw is.
What would you like to do at University?

I may go down the Biomedical Science route and then after go to Uni. again but enter as a graduate.
Original post by Cubic
I always get confused between IMO being in my opinion and the olympiad. Also, IB being investment banking and what ever that international bapowkoajoaw is.

You can usually tell which one somebody means due to the context it is put in! 'there isn't much they could throw at you that you haven't already seen International Mathematics Olympiad' As you can see, it doesn't really make that much sense :P

I thought IMO was International Marmite Organisation :curious:
I may go down the Biomedical Science route and then after go to Uni. again but enter as a graduate.

Why are you taking English Literature and Geography for Biomedial Science?
Reply 4052
You can usually tell which one somebody means due to the context it is put in! 'there isn't much they could throw at you that you haven't already seen International Mathematics Olympiad' As you can see, it doesn't really make that much sense :P

I thought IMO was International Marmite Organisation :curious:

I was just scimming through posts and saw that you were talking about what questions might come up and stuff. :tongue:
Original post by Cubic
I was just scimming through posts and saw that you were talking about what questions might come up and stuff. :tongue:

Ohhhh :biggrin: whilst we are on the subject, have you ever sat a UKMT Paper?
Reply 4054
Ohhhh :biggrin: whilst we are on the subject, have you ever sat a UKMT Paper?

Nope.
Original post by Cubic
Nope.

Could you be blunter next time please? :biggrin:
Why are you taking English Literature and Geography for Biomedial Science?

I'm not taking Geography.

I'm taking English Literature out of interest and I may drop History in my second year. I just couldn't bear taking Maths or Physics so you know...I picked something else.

Still, they're both essay based and I assume have something in common with the other two (even if it's just one thing).
I'm not taking Geography.

I'm taking English Literature out of interest and I may drop History in my second year. I just couldn't bear taking Maths or Physics so you know...I picked something else.

Still, they're both essay based and I assume have something in common with the other two (even if it's just one thing).

Sorry! How ignorant of me! I'm sure I recalled you saying Geography :frown: It's all these posts about everybody stating their chosen subjects which are confusing me! :biggrin:

Eurgh, literature is horrible :frown: I don't know how you do it!
Sorry! How ignorant of me! I'm sure I recalled you saying Geography :frown: It's all these posts about everybody stating their chosen subjects which are confusing me! :biggrin:

That was me :colone:

It's alright! I probably feel the same way about Physics and sometimes Maths. But still Literature is better than Language; you don't have to worry about purpose/audience/colours < all that rubbish!

Still even if I was bad at a subject it is unfortunate that it had to be Maths! I would've chosen it for A-levels if I was good at :frown:

Latest