The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by miss_sasa94
I'm actually considering student houses at the moment, seeing as I want to stay in the city centre but all the halls there are expensive and oversubscribed.

But I may change my mind!

How about you?

I'm thinking Goldney and The Hawthorns (which is classed as a student house). It took me ages to decide cos there's so many choices!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 181
Original post by Reggio

Name (optional): Ellie M
Course: Veterinary Science D100
Offer: AAA
Which accommodation are you thinking of?: Goldney / Durdham :smile:
Original post by trixie01
Ah kl, yeah that's what i heard too :wink:, which hall are you gonna put as your first choice out of interest/ cos I dno which one to go for first.

Probably UH first because it's cheaper... but Durdham looks really nice! Argh damn you student finance.
Reply 183
Original post by ellie157
Name (optional): Ellie M
Course: Veterinary Science D100
Offer: AAA
Which accommodation are you thinking of?: Goldney / Durdham :smile:

Hey i'm thinking durdham :wink:, cos the halls along stoke bishop are meant to be the most social. When do we get to apply for accomodation?
Reply 184
Original post by Kidneyjean
Probably UH first because it's cheaper... but Durdham looks really nice! Argh damn you student finance.

hahaa yeah, dont think university hall does ensuites though :s, o well. What course are you going to study at bristol btw?
Reply 185
Original post by aimlessinwonder
Law (M100), and am highly considering firming. Bristol seems like a great university, and a great city :smile:

In terms of accommodation, i'm leaning towards Hiatt Baker at the moment. I'm not particularly bothered about the quality of the hall as long as it's liveable, I just want to be somewhere with a good atmosphere and a bit of fun :P

p.s. Has anyone considered making a Facebook group to run alongside the thread? It seemed to be done last year with universities from what I saw.

yeah i think we should make one, shame we dont know each others 'real' names though lol
yeah i think we should make one, shame we dont know each others 'real' names though lol

There is a facebook group, haha. :rolleyes:

www.facebook.com/groups/bristolfirmers2012/
hahaa yeah, dont think university hall does ensuites though :s, o well. What course are you going to study at bristol btw?

Yeah that's what I thought for a while too, but there's supposedly an extra building in UH with ensuites! I wish I could've visited stoke bishop on the open day... we didn't get to see any of the self-catered accomodation.
Grades permitting, I'll be doing Medicine :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Kidneyjean
Yeah that's what I thought for a while too, but there's supposedly an extra building in UH with ensuites! I wish I could've visited stoke bishop on the open day... we didn't get to see any of the self-catered accomodation.
Grades permitting, I'll be doing Medicine :smile:

o woww that's amazing.. good luck! and yeah same, only got to see churchill hall which is catered :s, and it wasn't v nice very old fashioned, i think durdham and university hall are newer buildings.
Reply 189
Original post by punctuation
There is a facebook group, haha. :rolleyes:

www.facebook.com/groups/bristolfirmers2012/

ah kl thnks! :smile:
I think I'm going to apply for Durdham :smile: I hope other people have bikes because I don't fancy the walk too much :P
Reply 191
I haven't actually firmed Bristol but I'm pretty sure I will (it's here or LSE) for philosophy/politics (AAB) and I reckon UH because it's self-catered and cheap and SB halls are where the party is supposedly at :biggrin: plus then I have a reason to bike around rather than aimlessly round the city centre
Trying to decide between bristol and sheffield for philosophy. I love bristol as a uni/city, but the philosophy course seems quite philosophy of science oriented, which i'm not too keen on. The sheffield course looks slightly more ethics based, which i'm more interested in, but do you think there's much in it or are they both fairly similar?
Original post by Florence12
Trying to decide between bristol and sheffield for philosophy. I love bristol as a uni/city, but the philosophy course seems quite philosophy of science oriented, which i'm not too keen on. The sheffield course looks slightly more ethics based, which i'm more interested in, but do you think there's much in it or are they both fairly similar?

The philosophy course, to my knowledge, IS more logic-based than what the average person would consider as a "philosophy" course. However, I'm sure they also deal with ethics, and the third year units look so interesting!
Reply 194
Course: English
Offer:AAA
Which accommodation are you thinking of? HB or Wills
Reply 195
Original post by Undergrad2012
I think I'm going to apply for Durdham :smile: I hope other people have bikes because I don't fancy the walk too much :P

yeah same, what course are you gonna do at bristol?
Reply 196
Original post by Snavemot
Course: English
Offer:AAA
Which accommodation are you thinking of? HB or Wills

Hiatt Baker looks really nice, but v expensivee.. and would rather go self catered.
Reply 197
so is everybody on this thread on the facebook 'bristol firmers' group ye?
Does anyone know what the area around Colston Street is like? Clubs, Pubs, Shops, resturants etc?
Reply 199
Hey i'm thinking durdham :wink:, cos the halls along stoke bishop are meant to be the most social. When do we get to apply for accomodation?

Yeah stoke bishop looks great I'd just rather to be closer to the uni because I'll have 9-5 lectures! :smile:

I think it's something like 8th June.. I know the 2012 prices for the halls come out in May so we've got ages to wait yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending