The Student Room Group

Religion and contemporary a2 exam

Is anyone doing this exam on Thursday??
What questions do you predict to come up???
Reply 1
Original post by razina
Is anyone doing this exam on Thursday??
What questions do you predict to come up???

I'm doing this exam!! (AQA Unit 4B)

I have no clue what'll come up. But I'm thinking it's probably be religious challenges in secular society or integration. I will definitely answer anything but an interfaith question if that comes up (which I'm sure will) haha I just don't understand the whole interfaith relations and dialogue crap ... there isn't that much to write or debate about even.. so meh.

Do you have any notes you can share? If so please do!! I'm so not looking forward to this exam.
Reply 2
Hi finally someone who's doing it! I hope that comes up because ill throw loads of sociology into it but I'm learning interfaith now , ill put some notes up once ive finished!
Reply 3
Original post by razina
Hi finally someone who's doing it! I hope that comes up because ill throw loads of sociology into it but I'm learning interfaith now , ill put some notes up once ive finished!

Haha awesome thank you so much! I'll send you my notes as well but they're not so good haha
Reply 4
Original post by walkhms
Haha awesome thank you so much! I'll send you my notes as well but they're not so good haha

Cool so Far I've learnt what interfaith is, the history, attitudes of other religions towards interfaith, organisations and federations, then bishop of burnley and his article and then finally principles and why they are useful.
Reply 5
Original post by razina
Cool so Far I've learnt what interfaith is, the history, attitudes of other religions towards interfaith, organisations and federations, then bishop of burnley and his article and then finally principles and why they are useful.

That sounds really good! Would you mind messaging me the notes? I'll send you my notes as well of you want. Which religion are you focusing on?
Reply 6
Original post by walkhms
I'm doing this exam!! (AQA Unit 4B)

I have no clue what'll come up. But I'm thinking it's probably be religious challenges in secular society or integration. I will definitely answer anything but an interfaith question if that comes up (which I'm sure will) haha I just don't understand the whole interfaith relations and dialogue crap ... there isn't that much to write or debate about even.. so meh.

Do you have any notes you can share? If so please do!! I'm so not looking forward to this exam.

Majority of my notes are written so of you want help of something particular I can do that, otherwise ill be here all night! We get told that since its synoptic you have to write about more that one religion, but since I'm Muslim ill focus on that more but to het high marks you need a balanced argument of at least three religions so ill do Christianity, Judaism and maybe sikhism and Buddhism
Reply 7
Original post by razina
Majority of my notes are written so of you want help of something particular I can do that, otherwise ill be here all night! We get told that since its synoptic you have to write about more that one religion, but since I'm Muslim ill focus on that more but to het high marks you need a balanced argument of at least three religions so ill do Christianity, Judaism and maybe sikhism and Buddhism

Apparently according to the specification you need to focus on one faith's organisation an structure locally and internationally (do you have notes on that?) oh and teachings of marriage sex and family concentrating on one faith. Whereas challenges in society and interfaith should be pointed towards at least 2 faiths.

Id really appreciate notes on challenges, structure and family/marriage etc. Would like me to send my notes to you? I don't have anything on interfaith because I have literally given up on that topic and will definitely not be answering the interfaith question if it comes up haha
Reply 8
Original post by walkhms
Apparently according to the specification you need to focus on one faith's organisation an structure locally and internationally (do you have notes on that?) oh and teachings of marriage sex and family concentrating on one faith. Whereas challenges in society and interfaith should be pointed towards at least 2 faiths.

Id really appreciate notes on challenges, structure and family/marriage etc. Would like me to send my notes to you? I don't have anything on interfaith because I have literally given up on that topic and will definitely not be answering the interfaith question if it comes up haha

It's up to you how much you write about each religion , so maybe they teach us all three so we don't focus on one religion. Anyways for family you need to include what it is, sociological evidance, types, purpose, then religious teachings and compare then then relate to modern society and put a few articles in and conclude. I think this question is okay because u did the islam paper a few weeks ago and answered this as one of my questions. So wouldn't mind it coming up since I know quite a few Islamic quotes on it.
And in terms of identity, you can write about quite a few things and make it up, think about your position within society and how you feel , integrated / assimilated etc. And just go with thw flow, i wish yoi loads of luck and yeah please show me your notes.
Reply 9
So which question did you do? I went for the second one and once I finished I realised that it was the church of England, and about 5 people in our class wrote about interfaith
Reply 10
Original post by razina
So which question did you do? I went for the second one and once I finished I realised that it was the church of England, and about 5 people in our class wrote about interfaith

The question asked to concentrate on one religion .. I chose Islam and talked about role of the umm ah and mosque sheikhs and Muslim organisations in the uk. I don't think interfaith was part of the question it was about how that religion is structures and organised (basically how it works) in local national and international levels... Talking about hajj zakat and Ramadan where Muslims all unite to practice as one are examples of international functions of Islam.
Reply 11
Original post by walkhms
The question asked to concentrate on one religion .. I chose Islam and talked about role of the umm ah and mosque sheikhs and Muslim organisations in the uk. I don't think interfaith was part of the question it was about how that religion is structures and organised (basically how it works) in local national and international levels... Talking about hajj zakat and Ramadan where Muslims all unite to practice as one are examples of international functions of Islam.

I know, kinda realised afterwards..well much can't be done now , I just pray I get some marks! And its not my main subject to get into uni anyways, so If I do well in sociology and double health, then hopefully ill be Okayy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending