The Student Room Group

The Long Distance Relationship Society Advice Centre Mark II

Scroll to see replies

If I get into uni I'll be going to uni this year whilst my boyfriend remains to finish his A-Levels (he's the year below me) and we'll be long distance, only 2 hours by train but it costs a bit so I won't be able to visit too often. Our end goal is the next year, when he applies and (hopefully!:biggrin:) gets into a uni really close to mine. It's so lucky that we've both always loved the same city :smile: so that's okay right? I have anxiety so I worry a lot about really stupid things, I know that'll take a toll but I hope we can work through it...any tips would be lovely!
Wow, you know...I've heard people talk about LDRs and how hard they are but it's just go through me because I've never been able to empathise or understand. Now I do and it's soooo hard :frown:
Hey everyone! I'm new to the TSR Community, just started using it even though I created an account back in Febuary. However, I'm in a LDR. I'm in the UK, he's in America in Philadelphia. I met him 23rd March 2015, we started dating 8th December 2015, so it's nearly been 6 months now. However, we keep arguing. Over the pettiest of stuff, I'm extremely overprotective but he knows why, so is he. However, these past 4-5 days we've been at each others throats because I was in Bulgaria for a week, I met a guy there and Justin didn't like it at all, it's as if I can't have friends, you know? I know he trusts me, but sometimes it gets on my nerves that he automatically hates any guy I talk to or hang out with. Yet he turns it on me and says 'oh well you're the same' .. Ok, yeah I get annoyed, but I'm not constantly on at him for it, as long as he makes it clear they're just a friend, then I'm ok. But with him it's as if it's the end of the damn world. I think it was yesterday or the day before, I woke up at 4:30am (11:30pm his time - 5hr time difference) and he kept me awake til 7:30am.. The reason was because he brought up this girl that I really dislike, she messed things up for me and him last summer, and he also is to blame. I won't go into it.. but basically I don't like her at all. So he tells me 'Babe you're gonna be mad.. 4 months ago I was flirting with her..' yet he'd ALREADY told me about 2 months ago that last year he was talking to other girls besides me, but he only just told me recently. How does he think that makes me feel? He said 'Babe it wasn't anything serious.. please don't be mad..' etc etc..

OF COURSE, I'm going to be mad, not only did you **** me over. You've been lying to me. When I met him I had a bunch of guy friends because I don't get along well with girls. I cut off so many people, I barely talk to any of them now, he knows me inside and out basically everything about me and he thinks it's ok to do that and not be mad at him? Is he serious? There's no justifying it. We bicker, we argue, but I honestly don't know what to do. We were both crying on the phone. I said 'If you were going to do this, and you've hurt me several times already, you shouldn't have made me fall in love with you.. You're hurting me and you don't even care. I've cut off so many people for you, I have guys flirting with me and I haven't even bothered with any of them because I love you. Yet you go and back stab me yet again.. I don't even know what to say to you right now.'

So he told me to calm down, that he wanted to 'explain'. Due to it being early in the morning, I was exhausted.. I don't remember much of what he said but he basically turned it all on me saying 'You messed up in March, who was there for you when this and that happened? Do I go out talking to other chicks and sleeping with them? No because I love you' etc etc..

What do you think I should do? Forget about it and try to forgive him?.. I don't know
Original post by FudgeCakes
Hey everyone! I'm new to the TSR Community, just started using it even though I created an account back in Febuary. However, I'm in a LDR. I'm in the UK, he's in America in Philadelphia. I met him 23rd March 2015, we started dating 8th December 2015, so it's nearly been 6 months now. However, we keep arguing. Over the pettiest of stuff, I'm extremely overprotective but he knows why, so is he. However, these past 4-5 days we've been at each others throats because I was in Bulgaria for a week, I met a guy there and Justin didn't like it at all, it's as if I can't have friends, you know? I know he trusts me, but sometimes it gets on my nerves that he automatically hates any guy I talk to or hang out with. Yet he turns it on me and says 'oh well you're the same' .. Ok, yeah I get annoyed, but I'm not constantly on at him for it, as long as he makes it clear they're just a friend, then I'm ok. But with him it's as if it's the end of the damn world. I think it was yesterday or the day before, I woke up at 4:30am (11:30pm his time - 5hr time difference) and he kept me awake til 7:30am.. The reason was because he brought up this girl that I really dislike, she messed things up for me and him last summer, and he also is to blame. I won't go into it.. but basically I don't like her at all. So he tells me 'Babe you're gonna be mad.. 4 months ago I was flirting with her..' yet he'd ALREADY told me about 2 months ago that last year he was talking to other girls besides me, but he only just told me recently. How does he think that makes me feel? He said 'Babe it wasn't anything serious.. please don't be mad..' etc etc..

OF COURSE, I'm going to be mad, not only did you **** me over. You've been lying to me. When I met him I had a bunch of guy friends because I don't get along well with girls. I cut off so many people, I barely talk to any of them now, he knows me inside and out basically everything about me and he thinks it's ok to do that and not be mad at him? Is he serious? There's no justifying it. We bicker, we argue, but I honestly don't know what to do. We were both crying on the phone. I said 'If you were going to do this, and you've hurt me several times already, you shouldn't have made me fall in love with you.. You're hurting me and you don't even care. I've cut off so many people for you, I have guys flirting with me and I haven't even bothered with any of them because I love you. Yet you go and back stab me yet again.. I don't even know what to say to you right now.'

So he told me to calm down, that he wanted to 'explain'. Due to it being early in the morning, I was exhausted.. I don't remember much of what he said but he basically turned it all on me saying 'You messed up in March, who was there for you when this and that happened? Do I go out talking to other chicks and sleeping with them? No because I love you' etc etc..

What do you think I should do? Forget about it and try to forgive him?.. I don't know

Hello! :smile:
So, I can't say that I'm a LDR expert but I've been in a LDR for almost a year now; we're both from Italy, but I'm living in the UK and he's living in Germany. So I understand a bit about this situation.
I've read your post, and in my opinion, it seems that you don't trust each other enough. It is probably because you've both "messed up" a couple of times (and I don't think you've moved on from these episodes yet). Also, from what you say it's not the LDR that has messed up your trust for each other but he didn't trust you from the beginning if he made you cut off so many people! So that's not really fair, a relationship should GIVE you something, not TAKE it from you.

In every relationship trusting the other person is important, but in a LDR it's ESSENTIAL that you trust each other 100%. He can't be with you every single moment so he can't "control" you, and you can't control him, all you know about his life is what he tells you when you speak/text, and vice versa. So you have to feel confident that he's telling you the truth, always, and that he's not going to sleep with another girl as soon as he hungs up the phone on you. And, of course, he has to trust you as well.
So I think you should think whether you do trust one another and if you do, then you have to stop bringing up the past and start fresh, and having other-sex friends shouldn't bother you because you KNOW they're just friends because you TELL each other.
If you can't do that, then I think you should end this relationship soon, because you're missing out on so many things and so many nice people out there... If you have to choose between being in a bad LDR and being single, choose being single. LDRs are so hard, you have to be 101% sure about it, otherwise it just ruins your life!
Original post by autumnsongg
Hello! :smile:
So, I can't say that I'm a LDR expert but I've been in a LDR for almost a year now; we're both from Italy, but I'm living in the UK and he's living in Germany. So I understand a bit about this situation.
I've read your post, and in my opinion, it seems that you don't trust each other enough. It is probably because you've both "messed up" a couple of times (and I don't think you've moved on from these episodes yet). Also, from what you say it's not the LDR that has messed up your trust for each other but he didn't trust you from the beginning if he made you cut off so many people! So that's not really fair, a relationship should GIVE you something, not TAKE it from you.

In every relationship trusting the other person is important, but in a LDR it's ESSENTIAL that you trust each other 100%. He can't be with you every single moment so he can't "control" you, and you can't control him, all you know about his life is what he tells you when you speak/text, and vice versa. So you have to feel confident that he's telling you the truth, always, and that he's not going to sleep with another girl as soon as he hungs up the phone on you. And, of course, he has to trust you as well.
So I think you should think whether you do trust one another and if you do, then you have to stop bringing up the past and start fresh, and having other-sex friends shouldn't bother you because you KNOW they're just friends because you TELL each other.
If you can't do that, then I think you should end this relationship soon, because you're missing out on so many things and so many nice people out there... If you have to choose between being in a bad LDR and being single, choose being single. LDRs are so hard, you have to be 101% sure about it, otherwise it just ruins your life!

So sorry for the late reply, I've had exams going on, Me and Justin are ok now. However, we did have an arguement last night but it was only petty so we decided to drop it. Thank you so much for that advice, it does help a lot.

I guess it is hard for us to move on from past situations that occurred, I really don't fully understand why myself. I've always been hung up on the past, not just with him but with my whole life in general it's very hard for me to let things go because whatever the situation is it always links back to something with my past. I did cut off so many people, which I shouldn't have had to do, but I did because I love him. It's difficult for me now because I'm trying to rekindle friendships and either it's not working or Justin doesn't like it. I understand that he's overprotective like I am.. but with him like I've already said, he takes it too far. Even afew days ago he bought a 3DS because he bought me one for my birthday and he wanted to play animal crossing with me, he asked who I play with and I told him I play with my friend Tristen. Straight away his tone of voice changed and I knew he didn't like it one bit. I kept telling him he's just a friend and he still didn't like it and then it was followed by babe I do trust you, but I just don't really like it, you know how I am. Of course I know what he's like, but it gets frustrating that even though he reminds me that he trusts me, clearly he doesn't and regardless of how many times I tell him, he just doesn't seem to understand. I get that he doesn't want to loose me, but he has to trust me when I say they're just friends the same goes for me.

I've had trust issues for along time, due to previous situations. He knows this, but I'm not saying he can't have friends. Be friends with whoever you want as long as it's not too close and personal. He says the same to me, but sometimes it's as if he really doesn't want anyone to have me, that he's that scared of me leaving which won't happen but this whole situation with people of the other sex, just seems never ending. I know that we should trust each other especially because it's a LDR, however I don't know how to go about it, we do talk. We talk all the time, I do trust him and I know he trusts me but I don't think he does as much as he says. He usually says babe I trust you, I just don't trust them. Like really? However, he usually always turns it on me and says oh well you don't like this girl.. or you did this.. etc.. Regardless of what I've done, to me I see it as he's more in the wrong simply because he really doesn't seem to want me to talk to any other guy except him, you know?
So sorry for the late reply, I've had exams going on, Me and Justin are ok now. However, we did have an arguement last night but it was only petty so we decided to drop it. Thank you so much for that advice, it does help a lot.

I guess it is hard for us to move on from past situations that occurred, I really don't fully understand why myself. I've always been hung up on the past, not just with him but with my whole life in general it's very hard for me to let things go because whatever the situation is it always links back to something with my past. I did cut off so many people, which I shouldn't have had to do, but I did because I love him. It's difficult for me now because I'm trying to rekindle friendships and either it's not working or Justin doesn't like it. I understand that he's overprotective like I am.. but with him like I've already said, he takes it too far. Even afew days ago he bought a 3DS because he bought me one for my birthday and he wanted to play animal crossing with me, he asked who I play with and I told him I play with my friend Tristen. Straight away his tone of voice changed and I knew he didn't like it one bit. I kept telling him he's just a friend and he still didn't like it and then it was followed by babe I do trust you, but I just don't really like it, you know how I am. Of course I know what he's like, but it gets frustrating that even though he reminds me that he trusts me, clearly he doesn't and regardless of how many times I tell him, he just doesn't seem to understand. I get that he doesn't want to loose me, but he has to trust me when I say they're just friends the same goes for me.

I've had trust issues for along time, due to previous situations. He knows this, but I'm not saying he can't have friends. Be friends with whoever you want as long as it's not too close and personal. He says the same to me, but sometimes it's as if he really doesn't want anyone to have me, that he's that scared of me leaving which won't happen but this whole situation with people of the other sex, just seems never ending. I know that we should trust each other especially because it's a LDR, however I don't know how to go about it, we do talk. We talk all the time, I do trust him and I know he trusts me but I don't think he does as much as he says. He usually says babe I trust you, I just don't trust them. Like really? However, he usually always turns it on me and says oh well you don't like this girl.. or you did this.. etc.. Regardless of what I've done, to me I see it as he's more in the wrong simply because he really doesn't seem to want me to talk to any other guy except him, you know?

Yeah I see what you mean... Hmm yeah this doesn't even look like a "long distance relationship problem", you'd probably have the same problem even if you were close, it's just made BIGGER by the LDR.
Anyway, I think there must be a reason why he has these trust issues... Maybe he's really insecure about himself? Maybe he can't believe to be "the only one" for someone and in his mind you will find someone better than him? I don't know, but there must be something there. Maybe you could talk again, you tell him everything you wrote here, and maybe you can make it sound even sweeter, like "I'm not leaving you even if I talk to another guy bc I love you" etc, and try and make him open up a bit about what's under these trust issues?
Also the fact that he always turns it on you shows that he's defensive, he's finding an excuse to be that jealous of you by accusing you of doing the same?!
I don't know I'm just trying to psychoanalyse everything haha but yeah I'm almost sure that there must be something that makes him be like that with you. Maybe try and see if he opens up a bit about all this :smile:
Original post by Airfairy
Can I ask a general Q to you all:

If you had the choice again, would you get into a LDR? Or would you advise people against it?

I've just seen this question even if it was posted, like, a month ago... And it made me think about the whole situation. My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half now, and since last July we've been in a LDR because he's in Germany as an au pair and I'm in the UK as an au pair... And I'm starting Uni in Scotland in September while he's applying in Germany! This means that if we want to stay together, we'll be in a LDR for at least 3-4 years. The thought makes me wanna cry and end this relationship just because I can't stand not having him physically here and doing normal things like all couples do instead of having to rely on a phone or on skype etc..

But thinking about your question, I would say - and I know it sounds a bit cheesy but hey - I love him. I've thought about breaking up a lot, but it would simply be far worse for me not having him AT ALL! It's hard and painful to be far away, but if you love each other, you can do it. Of course I would advise other people against this situation, but if you love a person you can't really choose!
Just gotta say, this weekend I moved back to my home town after university which means I'm now living in the same city as my boyfriend again! It's been 4 years since this was last the case and one of those years I lived abroad. I'm so glad we came out the other side of the LDR.

Good luck to everyone!
Yeah I see what you mean... Hmm yeah this doesn't even look like a "long distance relationship problem", you'd probably have the same problem even if you were close, it's just made BIGGER by the LDR.
Anyway, I think there must be a reason why he has these trust issues... Maybe he's really insecure about himself? Maybe he can't believe to be "the only one" for someone and in his mind you will find someone better than him? I don't know, but there must be something there. Maybe you could talk again, you tell him everything you wrote here, and maybe you can make it sound even sweeter, like "I'm not leaving you even if I talk to another guy bc I love you" etc, and try and make him open up a bit about what's under these trust issues?
Also the fact that he always turns it on you shows that he's defensive, he's finding an excuse to be that jealous of you by accusing you of doing the same?!
I don't know I'm just trying to psychoanalyse everything haha but yeah I'm almost sure that there must be something that makes him be like that with you. Maybe try and see if he opens up a bit about all this :smile:

Whenever we have spoke about it in the past, he's usually said things like :
'I don't want to loose you, you might find someone better than me'
'You might get bored of me'
'You mean everything to me and I just don't want anyone to take my place, I'm just scared' etc etc

He is very insecure about himself. However, it's gotten to the point where I can't even give him sympathy because I tell him the SAME things everytime and he just doesn't listen to me. It's really frustrating for me. I don't know what to do anymore if I'm honest
I feel my extremely short lived LDR will be coming to an end soon. He's totally pushing me out for his new job and I've given it some thought - I'm not okay with it. Having a reason for pushing me out is not enough. I understand it but doesn't mean I'm cool with it. Problem is I have a flight booked for next weekend so it's a lil awkward because if it weren't for the flight I'd have probs told him it's not going to work by now, but I don't want to waste the money. So I suppose I'll go, ejoy the company and then talk to him. Makes it harder though. I doubt he will care.

I've just seen this question even if it was posted, like, a month ago... And it made me think about the whole situation. My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half now, and since last July we've been in a LDR because he's in Germany as an au pair and I'm in the UK as an au pair... And I'm starting Uni in Scotland in September while he's applying in Germany! This means that if we want to stay together, we'll be in a LDR for at least 3-4 years. The thought makes me wanna cry and end this relationship just because I can't stand not having him physically here and doing normal things like all couples do instead of having to rely on a phone or on skype etc..

But thinking about your question, I would say - and I know it sounds a bit cheesy but hey - I love him. I've thought about breaking up a lot, but it would simply be far worse for me not having him AT ALL! It's hard and painful to be far away, but if you love each other, you can do it. Of course I would advise other people against this situation, but if you love a person you can't really choose!

Interesting, thanks for your input. I figured as much. Once you love someone that is it isn't it? Not a choice. Who would choose to fall for someone who doesn't live near! No-one I guess.
Never posted here before, so hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well :redface: sorry in advance for the long post

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 months now, but there had been something going on between us for a while before that. He lives in Italy and I'm in the UK so it's long distance for now and will be for a while, as he has another 4 years at university there. I really like him and he always says he feels the same way too, and I know it's early days but I honestly feel like we could be together far into the future. The only thing is that he never seems to make time for me. Both of us have exams at the moment and I know it's hard, but for a week or so now, he hasn't even bothered to find 5 minutes at the end of the day to ask how my day was. I know he takes his exams really seriously so I don't want to get in the way, but it just feels like he's neglecting the relationship.

I tried to talk to him about it yesterday but he was just like "sorry babe I'm so busy at the moment" and then disappeared off again. He promised to call me last night, so I waited up later than I would normally to speak to him but he never did, texted me at 3am today to say he was so tired and decided to go to bed. Didn't even bother telling me. I feel bad for saying this as I want him to have his own life and friends and hobbies, but he can find time to watch the football at least 3 times a week, 2 days ago he went out for dinner with his friends, but I can't even get a half hour phone call.

It's killing me to be with him at the moment, but the thought of ending it is worse. If it was just a one off thing I'd try to put up with it for a few weeks, but he has exams literally all the time it seems. September, December, January, March, June or something ridiculous, it's just how his uni works. I asked about going to see him in August when we're both free from uni, he said I could go but he'll have to study a lot. So more or less all the time, he says he's too busy studying and makes me feel bad for complaining as he talks about wanting to succeed so he can build a good life for us in the future.

I really don't know what to do, but I can't cope with the way things are at the moment. I'm just so confused :s-smilie:
Whenever we have spoke about it in the past, he's usually said things like :
'I don't want to loose you, you might find someone better than me'
'You might get bored of me'
'You mean everything to me and I just don't want anyone to take my place, I'm just scared' etc etc

He is very insecure about himself. However, it's gotten to the point where I can't even give him sympathy because I tell him the SAME things everytime and he just doesn't listen to me. It's really frustrating for me. I don't know what to do anymore if I'm honest

Hmm okay then I believe that something must change. At the moment you're in 'the middle' and no one is doing anything to change the situation. Imagine being in front of two big buttons: the red button - the 'breaking up' button, which would 'free' you from this situation and let you live your uni life fully... And the green button, which means actually doing something to make things better and accepting some things that you can't change.
I have learned that - in every relationship but even more in LDR - you will never find someone who loves you exactly like you want him to. And you can't change a person. So I think now you should focus on yourself and ask yourself: Am I okay with this? Can I find another way of dealing with this, am I able to accept him like he is with all his insecurities and try and see the positive in all this?
If the answer is yes, then it's great, you press the green button but you have to stick with it. You can't decide to stay with him and then blame him for this...

If you decide you're not okay with this, you can try and talk to him again and say that if this doesn't change you'll leave etc but again, you have to stick with it. You are living your life at uni and a LDR is only worth the effort if you really want it... If you're not okay with it NOW, you'll ll never be... And I know it's sad and painful but it's YOUR life and you cannot allow someone to be horrid to you while you stay there trying to keep everything together... (I hope I'm being clear enough haha).

So yeah.. Of course I'm no one to tell you what to do, but think about it... Is he really 'adding' something to you and your life or is he just another hard thing to deal with?
Original post by Airfairy
I feel my extremely short lived LDR will be coming to an end soon. He's totally pushing me out for his new job and I've given it some thought - I'm not okay with it. Having a reason for pushing me out is not enough. I understand it but doesn't mean I'm cool with it. Problem is I have a flight booked for next weekend so it's a lil awkward because if it weren't for the flight I'd have probs told him it's not going to work by now, but I don't want to waste the money. So I suppose I'll go, ejoy the company and then talk to him. Makes it harder though. I doubt he will care.

Interesting, thanks for your input. I figured as much. Once you love someone that is it isn't it? Not a choice. Who would choose to fall for someone who doesn't live near! No-one I guess.

Well I believe that no, you can't choose not to love someone - but replying to what you wrote about your relationship - you CAN choose if you're ok with it or not. You don't always break up with someone because you don't love them... Actually a lot of the times you have to break up with someone because you love each other at the wrong time in the wrong places. It's sad but that's it.
So if I were you I would go on that flight and be with him for the weekend and talk to him and in the end you can decide whether you're okay with all this or not!
Original post by Anonymous
Never posted here before, so hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well :redface: sorry in advance for the long post

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 months now, but there had been something going on between us for a while before that. He lives in Italy and I'm in the UK so it's long distance for now and will be for a while, as he has another 4 years at university there. I really like him and he always says he feels the same way too, and I know it's early days but I honestly feel like we could be together far into the future. The only thing is that he never seems to make time for me. Both of us have exams at the moment and I know it's hard, but for a week or so now, he hasn't even bothered to find 5 minutes at the end of the day to ask how my day was. I know he takes his exams really seriously so I don't want to get in the way, but it just feels like he's neglecting the relationship.

I tried to talk to him about it yesterday but he was just like "sorry babe I'm so busy at the moment" and then disappeared off again. He promised to call me last night, so I waited up later than I would normally to speak to him but he never did, texted me at 3am today to say he was so tired and decided to go to bed. Didn't even bother telling me. I feel bad for saying this as I want him to have his own life and friends and hobbies, but he can find time to watch the football at least 3 times a week, 2 days ago he went out for dinner with his friends, but I can't even get a half hour phone call.

It's killing me to be with him at the moment, but the thought of ending it is worse. If it was just a one off thing I'd try to put up with it for a few weeks, but he has exams literally all the time it seems. September, December, January, March, June or something ridiculous, it's just how his uni works. I asked about going to see him in August when we're both free from uni, he said I could go but he'll have to study a lot. So more or less all the time, he says he's too busy studying and makes me feel bad for complaining as he talks about wanting to succeed so he can build a good life for us in the future.

I really don't know what to do, but I can't cope with the way things are at the moment. I'm just so confused :s-smilie:

lol I'm replying to everyone but I feel like I can relatr to your situation quite a lot! Plus I'm Italian so :biggrin:

Anyway. I feel you. My boyfriend hates technology and everything that goes with it and he's always focusing on doing something every second of the day while I wait and hope for him to ask if we want to skype or talk or whatever.
I was super angry at him in the beginning and I couldn't see HOW on earth he seemed not to want or need to talk to me sometimes while I would give anything to talk to him!
I can tell you that Uni in Italy is really like he describes it, exams every month etc so I do believe he has to study, and then I think boys are different from us. He probably sees the phone or skype etc as something 'not real' and he'd rather watch the football, but I'm sure that if you were there with him he would make time for you! At least that's what my boyfriend told me, he doesn't 'make time' for the phone because he doesn't see it like a real thing, while I see my phone as 'him', the only way to talk to him!
This reply doesn't really make sense but my point is that he will probably never call you as much as you want me to. My advice is 1- talk to him and be sweet, tell him that the reason why you want him to call you is just because you love him and miss him and want to hear his voice and a call is the only thing you have right now! And 2- don't wait for him to message or ask you to skype, just call him and ask him and give him 'instructions' so that he only has to say yes or no and doesn't have to make the first move... Boys are like that, tell them what to do haha :smile:
Hope it helps! (Btw we've been apart for almost a year and I still want to rip his head off when he doesn't call me so I understand how you feel haha)
Not technically in a LDR but here's what it is:

I met this guy about half a year ago and he goes to the same uni as me. We started dating (not bf/gf) and things got a lot more serious about 3 months ago. I lost my virginity to him and from this point he's told me he hasnt kissed anyone or slept with any girls (which is a big thing as he told me from the start he does date he just sleeps with girls and thats it he says he used to be a bit of a ****boy before he met me) and he wants to be with me. We both agreed it wasnt the best time to get start our relationship as uni was ending and he said when we come back in August we'll properly start going official. We've probably been talking about 4 times a week like texting and calling but I still just feel really distant from him and I'm just crying all the time especially when he says I miss you or I love you.

Also, we're not in a relationship and I've kissed another guy and supposed to be going on a date with a guy from my hometown next week but I feel really bad and my friends are making me feel bad. I don't want to be with these other guys but we're not in a relationship yet so I don't see the harm in going especially because it takes my mind of him for a bit. Last thing haha he's going on his erasmus in spring term so we'll be LDR again and I know its going to be difficult again.

So my question I was just wondering does it seem worth it? I like him a lot but I'm finding it so hard and I'm starting to wonder whether its worth all this pain because im a wreck

Any help would be appreciated
Just gone long distance with my boyfriend of 2+ years as I'm moving to another university to do an MA. We've been apart for two months so far and it's as good as you could hope, but we both have anxiety and depression and I'm worried that's going to cause problems. I'm worried that I'll be terrified going to a new place all alone without a support network, and not having it there will make it really hard. Also, when he feels really crap, he doesn't like to talk, then I feel completely shut off from him and it's hard to deal with that. Anyone have any advice how to handle these things, or just LDR tips in general? Thanks!
Anyone use Between or any other apps? What are your experiences?
My advice for an LDR is intellectual conversation - it makes the relationship easier to cope with as you have enjoyable phone calls that are not too unbearable (in terms of missing them) and it also makes it feel more normal because you're focussing on existential crises rather than the relationship itself!
hello. im looking for some advice about my 4 year long distance relationship. its been a long time and i feel maybe we are in this relationship through habit. i love him so much but cant help feeling hes trapped. we have hardly spoke as i have unsupportive parents who take all things that would allow me to talk to him. i talk to him on google hangouts because that's the only site that my school doesn't block. ugh any advice here?? thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Just gone long distance with my boyfriend of 2+ years as I'm moving to another university to do an MA. We've been apart for two months so far and it's as good as you could hope, but we both have anxiety and depression and I'm worried that's going to cause problems. I'm worried that I'll be terrified going to a new place all alone without a support network, and not having it there will make it really hard. Also, when he feels really crap, he doesn't like to talk, then I feel completely shut off from him and it's hard to deal with that. Anyone have any advice how to handle these things, or just LDR tips in general? Thanks!

My advice would be to tell him that you understand that it's difficult to talk about feelings but it's something you should both learn to do for the sake of a healthy relationship. My boyfriend was never a talker to begin with but over 5 years of on-off LDR he learnt that it's way better to talk and be open than to bottle things up. We both had to work really hard to learn to talk about things constructively but it has paid off so well and I feel like we deal with things in a really mature way now. Communication is everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending