The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabah97
Oh cool did you put it as your firm choice?? (I did!)

Yeah I did! Did you go on an applicant day?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by abdi96xd
Going to do Aerospace engineering, anyone else doing this to ?? or any other type of engineering.

firmed surrey

Ive firmed Surrey for medical engineering :smile:
I really hope when I miss the grades, Surrey takes me in anyway lol
How lenient do you guys think they are, AAB ?
I received unconditional offer for MSc International Economics, Finance and Development Anyone else doing the Economics?
Has anyone else met the grades to get in ?
i'll be doing that as-well :smile:
Anyone going to study or is already studying LLB law ?
I just require more information about Surrey. 1. Are there shops and shopping centres around?
2. Does Surrey have a church near by?
3. The ratio of black people that attend Surrey ? - basically is Surrey culture orientated ?
4. Is Surrey a racist area? (As I've heard)5. Night life ? - good /bad 6. Do people tend to come out with amazing results 7. Accommodations are good or not? 8. Easy place to make friends or not ?
Please help.
Reply 429
I applied for Mathematics and Physics, is anyone else doing the same or similar?
Reply 430
Original post by Nur_Izatul
I received unconditional offer for MSc International Economics, Finance and Development Anyone else doing the Economics?

I'm doing this course too! :smile:
Original post by Adefem96
Has anyone else met the grades to get in ?
I have just found out recently
Original post by JamesSteel1996
I have just found out recently

Found out what?
Original post by Ohhso_naoi
I just require more information about Surrey. 1. Are there shops and shopping centres around?
2. Does Surrey have a church near by?
3. The ratio of black people that attend Surrey ? - basically is Surrey culture orientated ?
4. Is Surrey a racist area? (As I've heard)5. Night life ? - good /bad 6. Do people tend to come out with amazing results 7. Accommodations are good or not? 8. Easy place to make friends or not ?
Please help.

1. Yes, there's the town centre and the Friary shopping centre. 2. Yes, many churches, an on-campus faith centre and the Cathedral next to campus.3. I don't have a ratio but Surrey prides itself on having a high number of international students and being diverse in every way. The last two Presidents of our Students' Union have been black. 4. No, absolutely not. Guildford is very friendly, with very low levels of crime of any nature. 5. Guildford town centre isn't great for nightlife but the SU compensates because the club is huge, cheap and well run. 6. You get out what you put in. Surrey is high ranking and people do well, with very good graduate prospects.7. Accommodation is very good but off-campus accommodation can be expensive. There is a shortage of accommodation so get yourself sorted as far in advance as you can.8. Yes, you'll make loads of friends. There's lots to do and loads of new ways to meet different people.
Original post by abdi96xd
How lenient do you guys think they are, AAB ?

If they don't let you in, phone them. They will often reject people who miss their offer to see if they care enough to phone and enquire. If they don't let you in after that, phone them again. I was four grades below my offer and I just kept phoning :smile:
Original post by NiamhSmyth
1. Yes, there's the town centre and the Friary shopping centre. 2. Yes, many churches, an on-campus faith centre and the Cathedral next to campus.3. I don't have a ratio but Surrey prides itself on having a high number of international students and being diverse in every way. The last two Presidents of our Students' Union have been black. 4. No, absolutely not. Guildford is very friendly, with very low levels of crime of any nature. 5. Guildford town centre isn't great for nightlife but the SU compensates because the club is huge, cheap and well run. 6. You get out what you put in. Surrey is high ranking and people do well, with very good graduate prospects.7. Accommodation is very good but off-campus accommodation can be expensive. There is a shortage of accommodation so get yourself sorted as far in advance as you can.8. Yes, you'll make loads of friends. There's lots to do and loads of new ways to meet different people.

Thank you so much 😁😁
If they don't let you in, phone them. They will often reject people who miss their offer to see if they care enough to phone and enquire. If they don't let you in after that, phone them again. I was four grades below my offer and I just kept phoning :smile:

How likely am I to be accepted for an AAB course with grades ABC?
Original post by particlestudent
How likely am I to be accepted for an AAB course with grades ABC?

Honestly, if you phone them a couple of times, 100%
Honestly, if you phone them a couple of times, 100%

What do I say each time I call? How I really want to be in the university? And wouldn't phoning them a couple of times irritate them?
Original post by particlestudent
What do I say each time I call? How I really want to be in the university? And wouldn't phoning them a couple of times irritate them?

Say that you think that your A Level grades don't represent your potential and that you feel that you deserve a place at Surrey based on your predicted grades/AS levels and GCSEs/extra-curricular etc. You are dedicated to the university and that Surrey wouldn't have given an offer in the first place if they didn't know you were worthy of a place.
You won't annoy them, people are phoning all the time. And they like to see people who are passionate and dedicated. Also, once you're at Surrey, you never ever ever speak to the admissions people so who cares? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending