Original post by SixteenHundred

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by elitepower
News I think the majority of people were expecting

Spoiler

Yayyyyyyy
Reply 1286
Oh my word. There is a Merlin group. Fantastic! (obviously) I love merlin...cannot wait for series 5, it should be on TV around my birthday. :biggrin:

Does anybody else here think series 2 was (by a substantial amount) the worst series of Merlin? So far most of the people I have spoke to have disagreed with me!
:O There's a Merlin thread???

Brilliant!
Reply 1288
Original post by Oli-Ol
:O There's a Merlin thread???

Brilliant!

'Twas my reaction also.
Original post by aefli
Oh my word. There is a Merlin group. Fantastic! (obviously) I love merlin...cannot wait for series 5, it should be on TV around my birthday. :biggrin:

Does anybody else here think series 2 was (by a substantial amount) the worst series of Merlin? So far most of the people I have spoke to have disagreed with me!

I liked it at the time but now you say that and I look back on it, it seemed like a lot of filler. I don't think it was as strong as the other serieses. Although "The fires of idirsholas" was a brilliant episode.
Reply 1290
I liked it at the time but now you say that and I look back on it, it seemed like a lot of filler. I don't think it was as strong as the other serieses. Although "The fires of idirsholas" was a brilliant episode.

Exactly, there were quite a few episodes which added nothing to the story line and were, quite frankly silly! However the last episodes were better. Much prefered the darker series (even though season 1 seemed darker than 2). :s-smilie:
I saw this thread on the "Most Popular" thing and quickly clicked, hoping that Merlin was back. You guys deceived me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by aefli
Exactly, there were quite a few episodes which added nothing to the story line and were, quite frankly silly! However the last episodes were better. Much prefered the darker series (even though season 1 seemed darker than 2). :s-smilie:

Agree, I think the first few episodes are just a general wind in to the new series and towards the end, all the strong episodes are coming out. After the opening episode(s) I can hardly think of any early series episode that would really amaze me.

I thought the 1st half was a lot better than the 2nd half and the mordred-druid episodes were very messed up,3 and 11.
Reply 1294
Original post by Ascendansy
I saw this thread on the "Most Popular" thing and quickly clicked, hoping that Merlin was back. You guys deceived me!

We are very sorry. Filming has started does that help? :biggrin:
Reply 1295
Agree, I think the first few episodes are just a general wind in to the new series and towards the end, all the strong episodes are coming out. After the opening episode(s) I can hardly think of any early series episode that would really amaze me.

I actually didn't think that the first episode was that brilliant considering it's the start of the brand new series and everything! My parents are having a dinner party tonight and I am not invited so it might be time to have a bumper merlin marathon in my room tonight and i'll watch series 2. I will let you know what I think of the later episodes (I last watched series 2 when the DVD came out) when I have watched all the episodes! :smile:
I think Merlin's in for an early start because of Doctor Who being on late.25th August or 1st September are my estimates.
Reply 1297
Lancelot and Guinevere, The Fires of Idirsholas and The Last Dragonlord were the only episodes that I thought were fantastic. The Beauty and the Beast (both episodes), The Curse of Cornelius Sigan and Sweet Dreams were all unremakable.

Onto series three! :cookie:
Original post by aefli
Lancelot and Guinevere, The Fires of Idirsholas and The Last Dragonlord were the only episodes that I thought were fantastic. The Beauty and the Beast (both episodes), The Curse of Cornelius Sigan and Sweet Dreams were all unremakable.

Onto series three! :cookie:

They were great and some of the best episodes of merlin I have ever seen.
Reply 1299
Original post by Dalek1099
They were great and some of the best episodes of merlin I have ever seen.

I disagree. It is a matter of opinion. You are welcome to yours as I am welcome to mine. My opinion is that they were unnessasary and childish. I am not saying they were awful however added little to the development of the story lines/charechters. Allthogh I would say that The Curse of Cornelius Sigan was by far the best of the three I mentioned.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest