The Student Room Group

What's a good anime?

Loads of my friends like anime/manga and they're trying to get me into it, so what's a good one to get me into it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
amine.png

Aff, i thought you asked for good amines :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by EmilyAl
Loads of my friends like anime/manga and they're trying to get me into it, so what's a good one to get me into it?
My favourite anime is InuYasha :smile:
Reply 3
Depends on your tastes and preferences.

What suits me may not suit you and vice versa.
Reply 4
There's no such thing. Anime is for children.

LOOOL, wall of red, I see the weeaboo parade finally discovered my post.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
What sort of films/books/TV shows do you generally like? There's so many, of so many different genres.

Death Note and Melonchloy of Suzumiya Haruhi seem to be popular choices to start with, but popular doesn't necessarily mean you'll enjoy them. If you haven't watched any Studio Ghibli films, I'd definitely recommend any of them.
Reply 6
Original post by lukas1051

Watch the first episode of Elfen Leid and come back and say that. There is more to anime than Digimon. :rolleyes:
Reply 7
None. Only children like cartoons and comics. (Or those with the mental age of a 7 year-old)
Reply 8
Original post by EmilyAl

This post outlines some good introductory anime. As anime is a very big medium encompassing a lot of different genres, it's all very dependant upon your own tastes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Nihilum
None. Only children like cartoons and comics. (Or those with the mental age of a 7 year-old)

Yet you are named Nihilum from World of Warcraft, am I correct?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Point is, your never too old, if you enjoy something, enjoy it. Life's too short.

OP, try Naruto. Im trying to get into Anime and I've been recommended that.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn,Bleach, Death Note, Elfen Lied
Reply 11
Original post by EmilyAl

FLCL, Nana and Full Metal Alchemist are some excellent anime. :awesome:
Btw, what genre are you interested in? If it's romance, definitely watch Nana!

Original post by lukas1051

How can you say that if you haven't even watched an anime intended for your age? :s:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Philbert
Watch the first episode of Elfen Leid and come back and say that. There is more to anime than Digimon. :rolleyes:

Elfen Lied is a terrible example of a 'mature' anime.

Maturity does not include tits and body parts flying everywhere.

Ontopic:

Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist
Ghost in a Shell
Anything by studio Ghibli
Cowboy Bebop
Akria

All of these are good intros.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Depends, do u want shounen or comedy etc. what genres are u into?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Full metal alchemist! =D
Reply 15
Original post by Carecup
Elfen Lied is a terrible example of a 'mature' anime.

Maturity does not include tits and body parts flying everywhere.

I didn't say it was "mature," I simply implied that it is not intended for children.

I could have given any number of animes involving all sorts of topics that children would find difficult to understand, but EL is infamous for being violent and is popular (possibly for the aforementioned reason).
Reply 16
I watched Inu X Boku SS and loved it, not too many episodes and about 20 minutes each, if you want something funny and a bit 'fantasy-romance'.
Reply 17
Original post by R4INBOW
Depends, do u want shounen or comedy etc. what genres are u into?

I'm into comedy's with a weird twist and a bit of mystery, so what would be good for me then?
Reply 18
Original post by EmilyAl
I'm into comedy's with a weird twist and a bit of mystery, so what would be good for me then?

Comedy:
Ouran High School Host Club - Totally wacky and so much fun
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya - if you're a fan of sarcasm :biggrin: the main male character is just too funny
Princess Jellyfish - it's about a NEET nerdy girl and a pretty transvestite boy. Hilarily ensues. Quite touching as well.

Mystery:
Death Note - it will keep you guessing and makes you think twice about what "evil" is.
Baccano! - set in New York in the 1930's. The english dub is brilliant to this and there's a mafia feel to it.

Hope this helps
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Naami
Comedy:
Ouran High School Host Club - Totally wacky and so much fun
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya - if you're a fan of sarcasm :biggrin: the main male character is just too funny
Princess Jellyfish - it's about a NEET nerdy girl and a pretty transvestite boy. Absolutely lovely.

Mystery:
Death Note - it will keep you guessing and thought provoking
Baccano! - set in New York in the 1930's. The english dub is brilliant to this and there's a mafia feel to it.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending