The Student Room Group

How long after Application has been sent do you hear back with offers?

Only sent my application on the 7th of January, week before cut off, but any ideas on when roughly you are expected to hear back?

Thanks.
Anywhere from hours to months.
Reply 2
On the 12th day.
Reply 3
Some universities are faster than others, and it completely depends on how popular/competitive the course and university is. Pretty much it could be any time between now and May, or something like that. There are dates on the UCAS website if you want to check. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by xljcwx
Only sent my application on the 7th of January, week before cut off, but any ideas on when roughly you are expected to hear back?

Thanks.

The final reply date for universities to reply to applications submitted before the 15th of January is the 6th of May
Reply 5
Original post by Kenny_uk
The final reply date for universities to reply to applications submitted before the 15th of January is the 6th of May

6th of may! Jesssus, thats ages!! :frown: Im soo not patient! Lol thanks
Reply 6
Original post by xljcwx
6th of may! Jesssus, thats ages!! :frown: Im soo not patient! Lol thanks

Tis fine, I'm going through the same wait myself =/
Reply 7
Sent mine early october and got my last response on Friday.

However now the deadline has passed I imagine responses will be quicker BUT they have up until early may to decide :smile:
Reply 8
I got my first response after a month of sending it off.
Reply 9
It really depends. I sent off my application in early October, got my first reply within 2 weeks and I'm still waiting for 2 now.
I sent mine off in the middle of October, heard from one early November, another late December and still waiting from the others.

It says that they should all reply by the 31 March
sent mine mid December and haven't heard a peep :frown:
Reply 12
Depends on the University and the course :smile:

For me it was 6 days for Leeds, 7 for Manchester and over a month for Newcastle
Reply 13
Original post by IBzombie
Depends on the University and the course :smile:

For me it was 6 days for Leeds, 7 for Manchester and over a month for Newcastle

I'm guessing you mean Leeds university not Leeds met?

I'm planning to insure Leeds met as its closest to home for me
Reply 14
Exactly 2 weeks.
It depends on where you've applied, some universities are notorious for taking a long time.
Reply 16
Original post by Kenny_uk
I'm guessing you mean Leeds university not Leeds met?

I'm planning to insure Leeds met as its closest to home for me

Yes, I did mean Leeds University :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by IBzombie
Yes, I did mean Leeds University :smile:

Ahh fair enough :smile:
I had to wait 6 days for my first two, still waiting on the other three but its only been two weeks. It shouldnt be more than another three weeks, now that the deadline has passed, but it could well be anotehr few months.
Reply 19
the first one came just after 3 days and the last one came 3 weeks after i've sent my application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending