The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Although on that note, current team is skarmory, breloom, tentacruel, weavile, reuniclus & flygon...I'm going into weavile & reuniclus almost completely blind though...barely played either up until now :erm: so uncertain about them
Original post by skipp
You can do that all in one go? Impressive! Must make first a bitch to get to though :s:

Also awake, debating whether to do some singles trains, edit my team or whether to actually sleep :yawn:

Sleep? Who needs sleep when you've got Pokemon?! :ahee:

Although I am getting tired of having my Steel team completely destroyed in the Ground and Fighting dense metagame :erm: Challenge Cup is always fun though, just went from 4-1 down to 5-4 against a guy from Spain :cool:
Reply 42
Original post by R.J. Omega
Sleep? Who needs sleep when you've got Pokemon?! :ahee:

Although I am getting tired of having my Steel team completely destroyed in the Ground and Fighting dense metagame :erm: Challenge Cup is always fun though, just went from 4-1 down to 5-4 against a guy from Spain :cool:

Ah the metagame's going to be a shock to my system, I'm getting so used to the biases of the people I normally play against :erm:

And well done on that :giggle:
Reply 43
Original post by skipp
You sound like my partner...loves bug pokemon but won't use Volcarona because it doesn't learn something or other until 60, which would make it not match the rest of the team etc. :giggle:

Doesn't learn Fiery Dance til level 100 :colone:

Ahhh I haven't played on my DS for ages. Kind of got into doing sudoku on the bus instead of training pokemon. Need to get back on it then get my bf to change our internet settings so I can get back online again!

Also, woo! First post in new thread!
Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
You can do that all in one go? Impressive! Must make first a bitch to get to though :s:

Also awake, debating whether to do some singles trains, edit my team or whether to actually sleep :yawn:

Haha thanks, the scary part is I'm basically playing with a 5 man team, the 6th member barely gets used! Got bored when I hit 12 and went to sleep though =P

Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
Although on that note, current team is skarmory, breloom, tentacruel, weavile, reuniclus & flygon...I'm going into weavile & reuniclus almost completely blind though...barely played either up until now :erm: so uncertain about them

Reuniclus is godly, weavile sucks really badly this gen. It just never seems to do much, which is a shame because it looks awesome.
Hey, didnt catch you in the last thread. Buy surprisingly enough I was playing OU singles and my sweeping team does work. Battle tonight? Oh and which tier have you won so much in?
Original post by MedicalMayhem

Original post by MedicalMayhem
Hey, didnt catch you in the last thread. Buy surprisingly enough I was playing OU singles and my sweeping team does work. Battle tonight? Oh and which tier have you won so much in?

Not sure if I'll be around tonight, I'm gone be on for a couple of hours this morning, revising for when I start uni =P I've been doing well in DW OU.
Notes to self: finish leveling Staryu to 60 for Hydro Pump then evolve it, IV breed a physical Infernape for the Battle Subway, IV breed both physical and special Lucarios for the Steel Gym and EV train my Heatran/obtain a Heatran with a better nature and/or better IVs from the GTS.
Reply 48
New Thread yay!!

Went on Soulsilver yesterday for the first time in ages; got my milotic up to level 44. Had to teach it ice beam as, egg moves aside, it doesn't really learn any good non-water attacks. Also wanted to go and train on rt44 where all the grass pokemon are :colone:

Does anyone remember this?
http://youtu.be/szxllth6mhA
Reply 49
Good to know about reuniclus...weavile's been bothering me a little, but no idea what to replace it with, might just keep in in there, work out what gaps it's potentially filling & then rethink it when I know more about how the rest of my team works in practise

Original post by Rachel08
New Thread yay!!

Went on Soulsilver yesterday for the first time in ages; got my milotic up to level 44. Had to teach it ice beam as, egg moves aside, it doesn't really learn any good non-water attacks. Also wanted to go and train on rt44 where all the grass pokemon are :colone:

Does anyone remember this?
http://youtu.be/szxllth6mhA

Aww hg/ss are still my favourites :o:

And had forgotten about that! So good :mmm:
Note to self: if IV breeding an Infernape is a hassle, IV breeding a Lucario which requires happiness to evolve is going. To take. The piss. :facepalm2:
Reply 51
Note to self: if IV breeding an Infernape is a hassle, IV breeding a Lucario which requires happiness to evolve is going. To take. The piss. :facepalm2:

If I have the time (which I doubt) I could breed a chimchar for you IV ready. just tell me what nature and which IVs you want max the poké in :smile: all i ask in return is a nice challenging battle. tho I don't even have I riolu. not sure if I got the free egg from platinum... (btw, I think sinnoh is the worst region to play in)
Original post by she she
If I have the time (which I doubt) I could breed a chimchar for you IV ready. just tell me what nature and which IVs you want max the poké in :smile: all i ask in return is a nice challenging battle. tho I don't even have I riolu. not sure if I got the free egg from platinum... (btw, I think sinnoh is the worst region to play in)

It's alright actually, it was going fine until I realised that the one with max Attack/Speed was Adamant natured and I wanted Jolly :rolleyes: it's fine now though, I've got my physical Infernape :tongue:

I could trade you a Riolu if you want - ideally I'd like a Chikorita, since it's the only starter I don't have now, but I don't mind doing a freebie. Also, for the battle, would you like to battle my normal EV trained team, or CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THE (unfinished) STEEL GYM...as a test run? :wink:
Reply 53
Woo got the ability Gothitelle pokemon card, one of the new special shiny's as well :h:

Now my psychic deck is complete :colone:

Although I still doubt I'll be able to take down J's reshiram/zekrom burn deck...but you never know :smile:

Also I know I said I'd be about for battles tonight, might have to take a rain-check on that, but will post if I'm free
Reply 54
I still think there should be a doubles or triples gym team....this is mainly because doubles wise my team is much more ready bar getting finding a kings rock so I can evolve my poliwhirl my doubles team is sorted :laugh:
I really dislike the triple battle function in Pokemon, I am more of a fan of rotational battles :biggrin:
Well, Infernape works great on my Battle Subway team, but so far Starmie has just been dead weight compared to him and Cloyster :sigh: and I STILL have no reliable way of getting rid of bulky water Pokemon - Galvantula is too frail with Choice Specs and inevitably gets shut down by being locked into Thunder on Water/Grounds, but it lacks the power to OHKO without it :colonhash:

I might have a go at using Whimsicott, since most sites I've seen rave about the ability it has on Battle Subway teams, but it might mean changing my strategy a lot... I'll give it a shot anyway. If anyone has a male Whimsicott that knows Switcheroo, or a male Cacturne/Hypno that knows it, would you be willing to trade it please? :moon:
Reply 57
Well, Infernape works great on my Battle Subway team, but so far Starmie has just been dead weight compared to him and Cloyster :sigh: and I STILL have no reliable way of getting rid of bulky water Pokemon - Galvantula is too frail with Choice Specs and inevitably gets shut down by being locked into Thunder on Water/Grounds, but it lacks the power to OHKO without it :colonhash:

I might have a go at using Whimsicott, since most sites I've seen rave about the ability it has on Battle Subway teams, but it might mean changing my strategy a lot... I'll give it a shot anyway. If anyone has a male Whimsicott that knows Switcheroo, or a male Cacturne/Hypno that knows it, would you be willing to trade it please? :moon:

Aye, I personally wouldn't run a starmie on a team with cloyster...even if they're performing different roles :erm:

I love whimsicott! :h: It looks like a cloud & it subseeds like nothing else on Earth :sogood: I also have an alternate one for my drizzle team running hurricane which is strangely effective :erm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by skipp
Aye, I personally wouldn't run a starmie on a team with cloyster...even if they're performing different roles :erm:

I love whimsicott! :h: It looks like a cloud & it subseeds like nothing else on Earth :sogood: I also have an alternate one for my drizzle team running hurricane which is strangely effective :erm:

Yeah, obviously there's a problem with them both being weak to Electric, but since one has a Focus Sash it doesn't really matter that much. I'd prefer to keep Cloyster over Starmie to deal with Focus Sashes/Sturdy mind :erm:

What I've heard about Whimsicott is this: Switcheroo a Choice Scarf onto the opponent to lock it into one move, Leech Seed it, spam Flash/Charm so it doesn't kill it, wait til there's one more turn of health to be sapped, Switcheroo the scarf back and repeat. The idea of Whimsicott 3-0'ing teams without even having an attacking move is just :coma:
Reply 59
Yeah, obviously there's a problem with them both being weak to Electric, but since one has a Focus Sash it doesn't really matter that much. I'd prefer to keep Cloyster over Starmie to deal with Focus Sashes/Sturdy mind :erm:

What I've heard about Whimsicott is this: Switcheroo a Choice Scarf onto the opponent to lock it into one move, Leech Seed it, spam Flash/Charm so it doesn't kill it, wait til there's one more turn of health to be sapped, Switcheroo the scarf back and repeat. The idea of Whimsicott 3-0'ing teams without even having an attacking move is just :coma:

Oo now that's a tactic I hadn't tried...is training a 3rd whimsicott overkill? Not sure which team I'd use it on though :hmmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest