The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Who has offers/interviews from York yet?

Was wondering if there was anyone, particularly those who have applied for Film and TV, who has an interview coming up or an offer? If so, when did you receive it & how long after you submitted your application?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Got an interview from York today, for Maths & Physics though. Submitted 13th Oct.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Has anyone had an offer for History?
Reply 3
Na I haven't heard back for Film & TV, got an acknowledgement when I sent it off but that is all :frown:
anything for Law?
Has anyone heard back for PPE?
Reply 6
Original post by metric
Na I haven't heard back for Film & TV, got an acknowledgement when I sent it off but that is all :frown:

Hmm... maybe they're considering who to invite to interview?
Reply 7
Original post by NeonIndian
Hmm... maybe they're considering who to invite to interview?

hope so, it's still early days anyway really

have you heard from anyone else?
Reply 8
Original post by metric
hope so, it's still early days anyway really

have you heard from anyone else?

Yeah- UEA were the first to give me an offer after 2 days, and then Royal Holloway gave me one yesterday :smile: You?
Reply 9
Yeah- UEA were the first to give me an offer after 2 days, and then Royal Holloway gave me one yesterday :smile: You?

Ah well done :smile: Yeah I got into Royal Holloway about a week ago so pretty pleased with that as they were my second choice :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by metric
Ah well done :smile: Yeah I got into Royal Holloway about a week ago so pretty pleased with that as they were my second choice :smile:

Well done to you too! Yeah I think Royal Holloway are going to be my insurance now, as they want ABB. I was hoping UEA would offer me that but they offered AAB so looks like it's Royal Holloway! Argh I really wanna hear from York! :frown: So impatient!
Only sent my application off today.
I would love love love an offer from York...even though the course isn't what I'm looking for at all :redface: which is why I think they'll reject me straight away (it's pretty obvious from my PS and York is v. competitive).
Reply 13
bump
I know a couple of people have got offers for English - getting a bit worried because I'd love an offer from York and haven't heard anything other than an acknowledgement yet! :frown:

Does anyone know if you have to interview for English?
Reply 15
Well done to you too! Yeah I think Royal Holloway are going to be my insurance now, as they want ABB. I was hoping UEA would offer me that but they offered AAB so looks like it's Royal Holloway! Argh I really wanna hear from York! :frown: So impatient!

Yeah i'm pretty sure they'll either be my top choice if I don't get into York, did you go to the open day for RHUL? Good you've got offers though still :smile: and sameee literally checking my email all the time!
Original post by Legendary-A-Sonic
I know a couple of people have got offers for English - getting a bit worried because I'd love an offer from York and haven't heard anything other than an acknowledgement yet! :frown:

Does anyone know if you have to interview for English?

When I applied for English at York, I didn't hear back for ages! As in, I was already deciding which to Firm and Insurance by the time I got my offer. But I loved the course so much that I ended up here :smile:

I didn't have to interview. Unless they've changed it, I doubt you will either!
Original post by chinaberry
I would love love love an offer from York...even though the course isn't what I'm looking for at all :redface: which is why I think they'll reject me straight away (it's pretty obvious from my PS and York is v. competitive).

Erm... why have you applied?
Original post by rainbow drops
Erm... why have you applied?

Well, it's not totally wrong for me. I like the uni a lot, I've been to it a lot when I was growing up and it has a v. nice feel to it, I could live at home, and well...when I'd made up my mind to apply I didn't know how linguistics-heavy the course was. So it's like a fifth choice. The point for me is to get a useful degree and to become fluent in French and German. If I have to work harder for four years, then so be it.
I don't have to love everything about it...I think it's a v. indulgent way of looking at things, that you must be passionate about something to study it.
Original post by chinaberry
Well, it's not totally wrong for me. I like the uni a lot, I've been to it a lot when I was growing up and it has a v. nice feel to it, I could live at home, and well...when I'd made up my mind to apply I didn't know how linguistics-heavy the course was. So it's like a fifth choice. The point for me is to get a useful degree and to become fluent in French and German. If I have to work harder for four years, then so be it.
I don't have to love everything about it...I think it's a v. indulgent way of looking at things, that you must be passionate about something to study it.

Well, yeah, but by that token, if you're that passionate about it then surely you'd have taken the basic step of researching the course first? Even I know that language degrees at York involve loads of linguistics, and I don't even study one. Each to their own though :dontknow:

edit: sorry if I'm sounding harsh... your 'the course totally isn't for me but I really want an offer' thing baffled me a bit!

Quick Reply