University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex Uni Interview Tomorrow

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Education_1
hey!! I have an interview for biomedical science at Essex too .. my interview is on the 8th of Feb :/ From what I heard the interview is pretty informal.. in that all they ask you is personal statement and how you are as an individual.. I dont think they are gonna ask you anything from the course you are doing at the moment because some of my friends said they might ..

Heyy!! you'll be fine! they were really nice and friendly :smile:
yeah it is reaally informal.. loads of people were wearing casual clothes. i wore smart casual so twas all good.. yeah just know yur personal statement inside out really.. and who inspired to do biomed and what you find intresting about biomed.. and whats intresting about your subjects that yur taking for alevel :smile:.. cuz i do psychology the interviewer was asking me about it and we ended up talking about a book he read on dopamine and the film for the book LOL! at the end he was like he'll put in a good word for me :biggrin: it was a really good day.. they provide you with lunch as well.. good luck in yur interview! you'll be fine :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by daksh
Heyy!! you'll be fine! they were really nice and friendly :smile:
yeah it is reaally informal.. loads of people were wearing casual clothes. i wore smart casual so twas all good.. yeah just know yur personal statement inside out really.. and who inspired to do biomed and what you find intresting about biomed.. and whats intresting about your subjects that yur taking for alevel :smile:.. cuz i do psychology the interviewer was asking me about it and we ended up talking about a book he read on dopamine and the film for the book LOL! at the end he was like he'll put in a good word for me :biggrin: it was a really good day.. they provide you with lunch as well.. good luck in yur interview! you'll be fine :smile:

Thanks for the advice :biggrin: it is helpful glad yours went good and thanks you :P i need it ..is essex your first choice?
Hey I hope you dont mind if I asked you a few questions
Just wondering...
1,How is the teaching like at Essex uni for biomed?
2, What are the opportunities that essex offers and what about the research facilities
3, Are the labs modern and new?
Are some of the lecturers not very good? and how demanding is it?

I never had any issues, and if we complained about anything it was dealt with quickly.
Research when i was there they were scoring high, some of my friends final year projects were published.
Labs it depends where you work, final year ours were better condition than the hospital i am currently working in.

First year i was in 35hours a week, and then coursework/reading on top, second year was 30hours or so a week with reading/cswk on top. its not like american studies where you have 8 hours a week, you do have to work.
Reply 43
Thanks for the advice :biggrin: it is helpful glad yours went good and thanks you :P i need it ..is essex your first choice?

No problem :smile: Hopefully I'll get a place there.. Erm I aint sure atm.. :s-smilie: :confused: its one of the top 3's just waiting for other universities to reply.. then i'll probz decide .. wbu?
Original post by Bathwiggle
I never had any issues, and if we complained about anything it was dealt with quickly.
Research when i was there they were scoring high, some of my friends final year projects were published.
Labs it depends where you work, final year ours were better condition than the hospital i am currently working in.

First year i was in 35hours a week, and then coursework/reading on top, second year was 30hours or so a week with reading/cswk on top. its not like american studies where you have 8 hours a week, you do have to work.

oh ok thank you :smile:
Original post by daksh
No problem :smile: Hopefully I'll get a place there.. Erm I aint sure atm.. :s-smilie: :confused: its one of the top 3's just waiting for other universities to reply.. then i'll probz decide .. wbu?

Essex like you is going to be one of my top 3.. i'm waiting for 2 of my uni to reply and wished Essex offer me already but i guess they want to test my capabilities
Reply 46
Essex like you is going to be one of my top 3.. i'm waiting for 2 of my uni to reply and wished Essex offer me already but i guess they want to test my capabilities

Got my offer today!! xD Sooo happy ! conditonal CCC in chem and psych :biggrin: :colondollar:
ooh right :smile: kool :smile: i know yeah.. i think they just wanna see how yur and that "/ lol
Original post by daksh
Got my offer today!! xD Sooo happy ! conditonal CCC in chem and psych :biggrin: :colondollar:
ooh right :smile: kool :smile: i know yeah.. i think they just wanna see how yur and that "/ lol

Well done :biggrin: thats really good! congratulations :biggrin:
I got offers from my other uni choices too :biggrin: so far 3 of them said yes and now waiting for 2 (including Essex) to hopefully offer me :biggrin:
Reply 48
Well done :biggrin: thats really good! congratulations :biggrin:
I got offers from my other uni choices too :biggrin: so far 3 of them said yes and now waiting for 2 (including Essex) to hopefully offer me :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: ooh congratulations ! xD woop ! they will :smile: im waiting for sunderland and de montfort now "/ they are taking long.. hopefully will get a places (yn)
Reply 49
Hey I have been invited for an interview on the 10th Feb for Oral Health Science. Is anyone else going to that? can anyone give some tips of the types of questions asked im scared !!!
Hi guys I'm a current student at the university (third year biomedical science) so feel free to ask any questions :smile:
^Shannon
Hey hun how did your interview go? Ive got mine next week so nervous!! X

Quick Reply

Latest