The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

social work at queens university belfast 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
By the way, saw people asking about when we find out if we are in or not, I got email from UCAS on 5th may last year. Rejection! Wasn't waiting on any exam results so don't know if that would affect the timing. Think good bet is end April or start May.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi, I received a letter in the post yesterday that my interview is on Wednesday morning. I'm only 19 and have little experience only that I have worked in a nursing home for 2 years now. Is most people applying to this course mature students? And what questions do be asked at the interview?
Please write back to me.
Reply 22
No,I'd say there are a lot of school leavers. I've only sent my PS! People have had rejections already without being interviewed.Good luck x
Reply 23
I was talking to someone already on the course & she said that its a range of ages in her class starting from school leavers all the way up to 40s..I had my interview on friday & it was nothing like i thought! I had 2 on my panel and they made you feel at ease..6 questions( why i wanted to do social work etc) including the scenario..basically just follow the advice sheet they give you with the invite to interview thats the areas theyll be looking at! Good Luck to everyone!!! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by confused_student19
Hi, I received a letter in the post yesterday that my interview is on Wednesday morning. I'm only 19 and have little experience only that I have worked in a nursing home for 2 years now. Is most people applying to this course mature students? And what questions do be asked at the interview?
Please write back to me.

They ask about what attracts you to social work, what you know about the course, what you have heard/read of interest lately etc. And a scenario. 6 questions in total just like edstark said above. Hope this helps. I'm interviewing on Wed too. What time you up??
Did anyone ask the interviewers questions at the end?
Original post by confused_student19
Did anyone ask the interviewers questions at the end?

Hi sorry just seeing your question now and see you had your interview this morning did you have it in Queens or Magee? How'd you get on?
Reply 27
How did the interviews go for people today? Hope it was ok :smile:
Reply 28
HI everyone...i have also applied to queens and derry for both the undergrad & postgrad!!! as i gratuated in June time!!!! this is my 3rd time applying :frown: got on the waiting list last year for the 2year course but nobody dropped out so did not get offered a place :frown: there was 1600 people applied last year and only 40 places for the post grad & 80 for the undergrad!!! Has anyone with a degree applied for the undergrad as well????? as im worrying about how i would fund it!!!

my interview for queens wnt OK just but i think Derry went better alot less formal!!!! :smile:
they told me there doin interviews right up to April and we will find out 10 May as this is the date on the ucas website that uni's must give their final decisions by :O

xx
Reply 29
Original post by beetle01
HI everyone...i have also applied to queens and derry for both the undergrad & postgrad!!! as i gratuated in June time!!!! this is my 3rd time applying :frown: got on the waiting list last year for the 2year course but nobody dropped out so did not get offered a place :frown: there was 1600 people applied last year and only 40 places for the post grad & 80 for the undergrad!!! Has anyone with a degree applied for the undergrad as well????? as im worrying about how i would fund it!!!

my interview for queens wnt OK just but i think Derry went better alot less formal!!!! :smile:
they told me there doin interviews right up to April and we will find out 10 May as this is the date on the ucas website that uni's must give their final decisions by :O

xx

Hi there!!
I hold a degree & applied for both courses just to be sure! I thought it was just 1 interview for both Unis???? I had mine last friday & just want to know lol
Original post by beetle01

xx

So we have to wait til May god thats soooo long. Its such a hard course to get on such tight competition thats why I'm surprised people are posting the questions they were asked on here :-)
Reply 31
Hi everyone,

I received my interview letter yesterday and it's on Monday! Cant believe how soon it is! Have only applied for queens but applied for undergrad and RGR as I have a sociology degree! Hope everyones have gone/go well! X
Reply 32
Hi all.

I have my interview on Monday and im so nervous! Applied last year..got the personal statement sent didn't get an interview so means a lot to me. This is what I wana do and im stuck doing a law course that I dont wana be in. I know theres 6 questions asked from reading this but what kind of scenario question is asked? And does anyone know if theres anyhting specific they would really want to hear to make a good impression. Ahhh no time left now!
Reply 33
Original post by Ursula
Hi all.

I have my interview on Monday and im so nervous! Applied last year..got the personal statement sent didn't get an interview so means a lot to me. This is what I wana do and im stuck doing a law course that I dont wana be in. I know theres 6 questions asked from reading this but what kind of scenario question is asked? And does anyone know if theres anyhting specific they would really want to hear to make a good impression. Ahhh no time left now!

Hi there, I have my interview tomorrow aswell! What time is yours? The nerves have definitely kicked in! Have been reading and writing notes all day! The scenarios seem to be different for everyone-I'd just make sure you're aware of the different groups of service users and know a bit about them all! Good luck!
Reply 34
hey everyone!

I had my interview on the 5th march, was told we should know if we have been unsuccessful soon after interview, she said around a week after, saying that i am a qub graduate and from my experience the dont rush things lol!i have also applied for both 2 and 3 year courses to both qub and uu! I was told I would have just the one interview and feedback would be passd on to uu. hope all went well for everyone! :smile:
Reply 35
hi there thats a great relief getting the interview finished.
Mine is tomorrow. I feel prepared enough, however its the scenerio question that worries me, what did they ask you??
thanks
Reply 36
Original post by lc101
hey everyone!

I had my interview on the 5th march, was told we should know if we have been unsuccessful soon after interview, she said around a week after, saying that i am a qub graduate and from my experience the dont rush things lol!i have also applied for both 2 and 3 year courses to both qub and uu! I was told I would have just the one interview and feedback would be passd on to uu. hope all went well for everyone! :smile:

Hello! Thats what i thought about the interview for both Uni's..felt such a relief when the interview was over lol Hope ur interview went well & good luck! :smile:
Reply 37
thanks!! being reading my notes all day.
What type of scenarios were you asked for??
thanks
Reply 38
My scenario question was to describe a time when I helped someone, how I did it and how it made my feel! I don't know if that helps u, it's quite a general question that could be answered by any number of things! Good luck tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 39
has anybody on this had unsuccesful replies yet??? i had my interview about 3 weeks ago now!xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending