The Student Room Group

please someone give me some good advice!?

I would like to study law and theology at university and I'm unsure on what A Levels to take. I'm certain on two subjects (english literature and RS) but I don't know what else to take. I'm not a history or science-y person, but please, please give me some good suggestions.
Original post by BenWood!X
I would like to study law and theology at university and I'm unsure on what A Levels to take. I'm certain on two subjects (english literature and RS) but I don't know what else to take. I'm not a history or science-y person, but please, please give me some good suggestions.

History and Economics. If you're really not a history person, then chances are you're not a Law person either. But I dunno, maybe do philosophy instead of History? History is very very close to essential though.
Reply 2
Well the main reason is that I don't study it at GCSE, so is A Level history any different from the key stage 3 (year7, 8 and 9) course?
Reply 3
Well I just looked back at my year 9 History result and I got an 8b, what would that roughly bed at a level?
Reply 4
History :big factual essays where you write the facts then give your own opinioun based on the evidence you are given blah blah- its pretty essential for law imo if you cant take the actual law A level
Reply 5
Well I just looked back at my year 9 History result and I got an 8b, what would that roughly bed at a level?

that translates to a U at A level ........ there is a massive gap between A level and gcse just like there is a gap between keystage 3 and gcse though not a big one
Reply 6
my sixth form allows us to opt for history without the GCSE knowledge, would that be a wise move or a long shot? I'm fairly good at essays and facts ( I do sociology, RS and Eng lit at GCSE and getting A*/A)
my sixth form allows us to opt for history without the GCSE knowledge, would that be a wise move or a long shot? I'm fairly good at essays and facts ( I do sociology, RS and Eng lit at GCSE and getting A*/A)

I did History at A-Level without History at GCSE. I didn't really find it any harder than anyone else did, as far as I know, although there were some bits that I had to do a bit of extra work for in order to understand them. As long as you do a bit of reading up in the summer holidays I'd imagine you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest