LSE Official firmer's thread - 2012

Scroll to see replies

any Malaysians here firming LSE?? message me
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by h_naimun94
Firming for Management! anyone else?

Hey, congrats on the offer! I'm just finishing my degree in that at LSE, so let me know if you have any questions!
Reply 222
Hi! :smile:

It's such an honor to be a part of this thread! I firmed LSE's unconditional offer for International Relations. Anyone else here living in London? It would be great to meet for a cup of coffee or something :smile:
Reply 223
P.S. anyone else from Lithuania?
Applied for accommodation yesterday on Hallpad... Passfield first, followed by Carr Saunders and then Rosebery :smile:
Anyone else applied for similar halls?
Original post by lucky_nelly
Applied for accommodation yesterday on Hallpad... Passfield first, followed by Carr Saunders and then Rosebery :smile:
Anyone else applied for similar halls?

I applied for the same, but with Carr Saunders first and Passfield second :smile:
Reply 226
Original post by charliee-xo
I applied for the same, but with Carr Saunders first and Passfield second :smile:

Why CS over Passfield? Just curious
(I'm deciding between the two for my 3rd choice. Got RB 1st and BS 2nd)
Original post by funkydee
Why CS over Passfield? Just curious
(I'm deciding between the two for my 3rd choice. Got RB 1st and BS 2nd)

It was a close call because I liked both halls, but with Passfield a lot of undergraduates have to share either a double, or possibly a triple room, and I'd much prefer a single room
Original post by charliee-xo

Nice :smile: I don't want to share, so its unlikely I will get Passfield anyway. On my form I specified a single room... so I'm hoping that if there isn't one at Passfield I'll get one in Saunders or Rosebery instead!
Firming LSE for History i think!
Anyone applying to Rosebery hall as first choice? I can't decide between RB and CS :/ i'll be applying for a twin cos i'm skint and would rather have £20 extra per week to spend !!!
lse intl relations!!! anybody here? seems like nobody's in this course.

struggling between warwick econs,politics and international studies and lse IR, any advice?
Original post by abbey-chic
Firming LSE for History i think!
Anyone applying to Rosebery hall as first choice? I can't decide between RB and CS :/ i'll be applying for a twin cos i'm skint and would rather have £20 extra per week to spend !!!

Yeah I think I'm probably going to go for Rosebery as my first choice :smile: Same here I'm applying for a twin purely because I feel like I could use the money much more constructively :P Haha
Original post by bigcam0011
Yeah I think I'm probably going to go for Rosebery as my first choice :smile: Same here I'm applying for a twin purely because I feel like I could use the money much more constructively :P Haha

Erm, constructively.... *cough* alcohol *cough* hehehe!!
Reply 233
Original post by youdrivemelazy

struggling between warwick econs,politics and international studies and lse IR, any advice?

what you interested in doing after?
seeing as this is the lse firmers thread, no guess as to where most people think you should go!
Original post by youdrivemelazy

You must prefer one course over the other one.

What you would prefer to study Economics, Politics and international Relations or just solely IR.

London or a campus university?
i will be firming bsc management :smile:

just gotta get the grades now :/
Firmed for BSc Social Anthropology, fingers crossed exams go well now :smile:
Hey Guys :smile: offer fro History v146 - most likely to firm.

Sorry if its been asked already, but which halls let u stay during easter/xmas breaks etcc... the ones tht don't have a 31 week contract. And are these significantly more expensive?
Reply 238
Original post by PrincessKinz
Hey Guys :smile: offer fro History v146 - most likely to firm.

Sorry if its been asked already, but which halls let u stay during easter/xmas breaks etcc... the ones tht don't have a 31 week contract. And are these significantly more expensive?

The singles for 31 week range from 138-166pw without ensuite and the singles without ensuite for 40 week range from 180-240pw. However twin ensuite for 31 AND 40 seem to be of similar prices ranging from 115-132pw. So for a single yes its more expensive but for twin not really.

Bankside, High Holborn and Northumberland are the 40week ones. Bankside being the cheapest and biggest of the three. Its also the only catered one of the three.

But you can extend your stay at Carr Saunders, Rosebery and Passfield (the 31week halls) to cover easter and xmas breaks if you wanted to... But it'll mean there'll be hardly anyone around the halls.
Original post by abbey-chic
Erm, constructively.... *cough* alcohol *cough* hehehe!!

hahaha was I that obvious? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending