The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

accommodation

I've only just received my offer for child nursing at nottingham and went straight on the accommodation but there are no ensuite rooms left in broadgate, surely this is unfair as i couldn't apply earlier cus I didn't have my interview until monday 30th april and just got my offer today. Any ideas where I can apply for ensuite accommodation
Congratulations! :smile: I think Raleigh Park does ensuite, it's also situated between the two hospitals which is helpful for nursing (I have an offer for child branch MNursSci :biggrin: )
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
St peters court. I've been offered an ensuite there. Its £106 per week but included in that is a free hopper bus to the city and the uni. Theres also a gym on sight which is only £10 for the whole year.
Reply 3
Original post by BeccaAnne94
Congratulations! :smile: I think Raleigh Park does ensuite, it's also situated between the two hospitals which is helpful for nursing (I have an offer for child branch MNursSci :biggrin: )

En-suite at Raleigh Park is for post-grads only, so you wouldn't be able to have one there until you're on the final year of your course as, if I'm not wrong, Nursing Science Masters is three years UG and a year PG rolled into one course?

Broadgate only has a very small number of en-suites available and the site is arguably the most popular. St. Peter's Court, as mentioned, is all en-suite and will still have spaces at the moment.
Reply 4
I've got meself an en-suite at St Peters Court, try there :biggrin:
st peters court have on suite rooms i only applied for mine yesterday... wanted rileigh park but called them up and they dont offer on suite rooms to undergraduates apparently! oh and im doing childrens nursing tooo :biggrin:
Reply 6
I just declined my offer from brodgate park because i realised the rooms are so tiny and i wanted an ensuite but i'm looking to apply again for st. peters court but i'm just really worried about the distance but the hopper bus to university park is running so i hope it won't be a problem. I'm just worried they won't have any rooms left i'm really late in all of this :/
Reply 7
Original post by cherri3
I just declined my offer from brodgate park because i realised the rooms are so tiny and i wanted an ensuite but i'm looking to apply again for st. peters court but i'm just really worried about the distance but the hopper bus to university park is running so i hope it won't be a problem. I'm just worried they won't have any rooms left i'm really late in all of this :/

It really isn't that far from the uni or the city centre...probably about 25 minutes walk each way.

There should also be loads of rooms left.
Reply 8
Original post by scholarshipkid
Bus can be a bit of a problem too- especially the 8.40 which usually fills up and leaves because there is not enough space on it for all the people waiting. Obviously the place has some plus points like not having to move all your stuff out at the end of term.

So you're saying not to go to SPC because the 8.40 bus fills up before you get there?! The solution to that is get to the stop earlier or get to UP an alternative way.

The gym being a few years old is hardly an issue, especially seeing as it's included for free. If you still feel that a few years is out of date then use one on campus instead.
Reply 9
Original post by scbond
It really isn't that far from the uni or the city centre...probably about 25 minutes walk each way.

There should also be loads of rooms left.

Yeah i walk half an hour in the mornings to get to the train station anyway i wouldn't mind the walk it just depends on how heavy my bag is and i have 9-6 lectures almost everyday :/ Ah i really hope so it's such a nice place - have you got accommodation there? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by cherri3

I'm pretty sure there's still many places, my flat hasn't been filled yet for a start :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by cherri3
Yeah i walk half an hour in the mornings to get to the train station anyway i wouldn't mind the walk it just depends on how heavy my bag is and i have 9-6 lectures almost everyday :/ Ah i really hope so it's such a nice place - have you got accommodation there? :smile:

Yup, block A at SPC.

As said, it won't be full...no flats have been completely filled yet as far as we all know.
Original post by scbond
So you're saying not to go to SPC because the 8.40 bus fills up before you get there?! The solution to that is get to the stop earlier or get to UP an alternative way.

The gym being a few years old is hardly an issue, especially seeing as it's included for free. If you still feel that a few years is out of date then use one on campus instead.

It's easy to be too optimistic about these things. I've given you my honest opinion. Let me know if you still feel this positive when you miss a 9am lecture because the bus is too full and you didn't want to get the earlier one because it would mean waiting for ages on campus.
Reply 13
Original post by scholarshipkid
It's easy to be too optimistic about these things. I've given you my honest opinion. Let me know if you still feel this positive when you miss a 9am lecture because the bus is too full and you didn't want to get the earlier one because it would mean waiting for ages on campus.

Ages being about 15 minutes?! You can hardly disregard an accommodation option because YOU miss the bus. Don't want to get any other bus then get to the stop earlier and be first on.
Original post by scbond
Ages being about 15 minutes?! You can hardly disregard an accommodation option because YOU miss the bus. Don't want to get any other bus then get to the stop earlier and be first on.

As I have tried to highlight in my previous posts, my opinion is based upon a combination of factors. If you are set on these halls then please do go ahead and book a room there, i'm not trying to stop you.

Also the gym isn't technically free, you pay a £10 induction charge...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending