The Student Room Group

Aqa MPC2 16 May 2012

Haven't seen any other c2 threads so i thought i'd create one.

so how is everyone feeling for the exam on wednesday?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Kinda nervous as this is my first exam for the summer, but I think it should be alright...hope the grade boundaries wont be as high as the one in jan! how are you feeling?
Reply 2
I'm feeling all right about it hopefully i wont have to retake it next year
Are you retaking it?
Reply 3
On Friday I was panicking like mad as my past papers were 3/4 grades below my Core 1, but I spent this evening doing 5 past papers and I'm now a grade above Core 1. If you're worried my advice would be to do as many past papers as you can.
This will be my downfall I think, pretty nervous. C1 is okay but this is gunna kill me I think...
I'm resitting it tomorrow, got the whole maths A level exams in the next month, to get into Manchester Uni. I'm feeling pretty good about the AS stuff, just the A2 stuff I'm not as confident about.

Anyway good luck tomorrow everyone :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by PegLeg79
On Friday I was panicking like mad as my past papers were 3/4 grades below my Core 1, but I spent this evening doing 5 past papers and I'm now a grade above Core 1. If you're worried my advice would be to do as many past papers as you can.

5 papers in one night seems a bit crazy lol, but thats definitely one of the best things to do before exams
Help!! Can anyone explain how to simplify 6/x^2 like before you would differentiate ?
Reply 8
Original post by Georginasmith
Help!! Can anyone explain how to simplify 6/x^2 like before you would differentiate ?

6x2=6x2 \displaystyle \frac6{x^2} = 6x^{-2}

Now differentiate.
Thank you !!
How did everyone find it?

Personally I thought it was ridiculously difficult.
Reply 11
The first six questions were easy, but the last three were moderately hard. Did anyone do question 8?
Reply 12
I thought it was the worse C2 exam ever! I'm a retaker and I found that difficult!
Reply 13
Original post by nathano14
The first six questions were easy, but the last three were moderately hard. Did anyone do question 8?

Was Q8 where you had to solve for values of tanx?
Reply 14
That was absolutely dreadful! I know I need to re-sit this
Reply 15
First few questions were easy, but then it got really REALLY hard
Reply 16
It was my first time today. The structure was different than I expected (with the geometric series question first), and I only managed to figure out the trigonometry question at the last minute :frown:
Reply 17
was the trig one: tan(theta)= -1 and (root)3???
Reply 18
Original post by Cath-ay
was the trig one: tan(theta)= -1 and (root)3???

yeah...plus or muinus root 3 and -1
Reply 19
Original post by Eddy!
Was Q8 where you had to solve for values of tanx?

Yeah it was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending