The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Anyone in Coales? 2012

So far I've only been able to find one person staying in Coales building come september. Seeing as Telford has its own thread I'm putting one up for Coales!
Im in Kitchen 48 Room 5
Hope to meet you future roomies!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heyy, i'm in Kitchen 48 as well, Room 6, FINALLY someone staying at coales, you're like only the 2nd or 3rd person i've seen staying at coales! What you studying? :biggrin:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Vikesh93
Heyy, i'm in Kitchen 48 as well, Room 6, FINALLY someone staying at coales, you're like only the 2nd or 3rd person i've seen staying at coales! What you studying? :biggrin:

MY NEIGHBOUR! *gives massive hug!*
I'm studying Animation! you?
You don't know how happy I am right now! I thought I was going to be alone there! XD
Reply 3
LOOL haha back at ya, I was getting kinda worried as well, but i'm sure there are many others, I'm studying maths, i'm really looking forward, only 4 weeks to go, what day are you moving in, 22nd sep right? Where abouts you from? :smile:
Reply 4
Ooooo maths! So am I! I've still got stuff to buy, but theres so much! XD
Yep I'm coming down on the 22nd :3 Though it'll probs be about mid day time which is annoying (I want to be there first to jump you all :wink:
I'm from Leicestershire!
Reply 5
LOL, yehh same here i have quite a lotbuy and sort out, and i guess i'm gonna have to learn how to make some dishes,.
I'm like only 30/40 mins away by car from Herts so i might beat you to it there, look forward to seeing you there ! :smile:
Reply 6
>.< Your so lucky! I think my trip going to be about 3 hours either way I go XD
Damn... I can't jump you then :P
Well I'm an okay cook if your not too picky with what you eat :smile:
I too can't wait to see you! :3
Reply 7
Original post by LilyLeaf
So far I've only been able to find one person staying in Coales building come september. Seeing as Telford has its own thread I'm putting one up for Coales!
Im in Kitchen 48 Room 5
Hope to meet you future roomies!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm in Coales but I don't know what room :tongue: how do I find out?
Reply 8
Original post by TheGoat
I'm in Coales but I don't know what room :tongue: how do I find out?

That should be in some of the paperwork you have been sent :smile: Just go through everything you have been sent lol it is there somewhere :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Pop_tart
That should be in some of the paperwork you have been sent :smile: Just go through everything you have been sent lol it is there somewhere :tongue:

Oh right :tongue: does it get sent after you accept the offer? I only accepted it yesterday :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by TheGoat
Oh right :tongue: does it get sent after you accept the offer? I only accepted it yesterday :tongue:

If you got an email saying about an offer of accommodation there should be an attachment to that email with the details of where your staying :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by TheGoat

Oh yes! You said you are in coales so I assumed you had already confirmed it and gotten the email and stuff, you should get an email in a few days with all the info.
Reply 12
Original post by LilyLeaf
If you got an email saying about an offer of accommodation there should be an attachment to that email with the details of where your staying :smile:

Original post by Pop_tart
Oh yes! You said you are in coales so I assumed you had already confirmed it and gotten the email and stuff, you should get an email in a few days with all the info.

Ahh ok thanks :tongue: I don't think I got that email yet :smile: had me worried for a second :colone:
Reply 13
Kitchen 49 Room 04
At least now I know people are actually in the block, I was starting to think I'd be on my own.

Has anyone seen the Coales block, I never got round to it on the open day?
Reply 14
Im in Kitchen 48 :smile:, yeah seems there are less people at coales even though there's meant to be like 100 rooms, found this vid on youtube which briefly shows what the room will look like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7SwPKnT4tA
Reply 15
Thanks for the video Vikesh, and now I think I know why we can't seem to find anyone.
This particular person was an international student, so this could be the hall that most international students are going into. THUS why we can't seem to find them :wink:
Or we got about 97 rooms to ourself :P PARTY TIME!
Reply 16
Thanks for the video, I think most of the fern, coales, broad halls are pretty much the same really.
I hope its not just all the international students in one block, I was hoping to have a mix of people really.
Reply 17
Don't be disheartened by international. It means MORE fun and lots of different cultures :3
Reply 18
Original post by rednaxula
Thanks for the video, I think most of the fern, coales, broad halls are pretty much the same really.
I hope its not just all the international students in one block, I was hoping to have a mix of people really.

Sadly herts does put all international students together and all UK students together. The whole point for international students coming to the UK is mixing with home students, that's part of the experience but herts doesn't get that. They claim that international students feel more at ease all together cause you are sort of with people who are all in the same boat. Now I get where they are coming from but they could easily do 3/4 international students per flat.
Reply 19
I'm sure they'll still be a fair few of us from here, any idea how many of us roughly will be sharing a kitchen?

Quick Reply