The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMilkSheikh
What?

Actually I change my mind a bit. There is some truth to what you said!
But I think a lot of it is societal expectations etc. which are behind those observations; rather than that being the inherent nature of women.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hellodave5
Actually I change my mind a bit. There is some truth to what you said!
But I think a lot of it is societal expectations etc. which are behind those observations; rather than that being the inherent nature of women.

Fair enough. But I do think that women aren't as competent as men because of biology.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Fair enough. But I do think that women aren't as competent as men because of biology.

Yeah, I think this is very false, though.

There is considerable research to suggest that women are actually superior to men in certain facets of cognition such as emotional intelligence, and language in early life, and tend to be more highly educated; whilst men tend to have higher visuo-spatial ability. Even these effects seem to be culturally mediated, rather than biologically; women like to communicate, men like to play sports and game etc.

The biology as ascertained using functional magnetic res imaging, if I remember rightly, appears work very slightly differently in its connectivity in general (due to I assume developmental effects of hormones), but the difference is not very large and certainly not inferior.

On what basis do you think female intelligence is inferior?
You can't refer to case studies of high achievers, as these are outliers, and such success is in part culturally mediated. Women in the past didn't exist in a society auspicious to their academic achievement (academia is what you refer to the most).
Original post by The_Last_Melon
1) Childbirth.

how does that benefit themselves?

2) Breasts containing milk.

how does that benefit themselves?

3) Aren't built like ogres.

...so they're weak then

4) Testosterone rises steadily with age rather than peaking then fading.

...? we're talking about women here, aren't we?

5) Vastly superior social intelligence.

**** that. a lot of women overthink everything and stir up drama so ****in' easily compared to most men. I don't call that social intelligence.

6) Obsessed with health and beauty which are sensible obsessions. Beauty is deception which demonstrates an instinctive understanding for warfare.

...?

7) Equally capable as men in all technical areas, just less interested in doing it because it is seen like monkey-work to them.

not really - there are studies that show that there are much more male geniuses/mensa members than women.

8) They all know it, but never talk about it, except the feminists - but most of them aren't feminists whereas most men are chauvanists because they are in denial about their inferiority.

da ****?
Original post by EricPiphany
This is quite fascinating actually. After reading a little online, it seems that the majority of the pain doesn't come from stretching but from muscle contractions that push the baby out.

Ohh..I didn't even know that? Thank you for enlightening me on birth giving.
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
Ohh..I didn't even know that? Thank you for enlightening me on birth giving.

I have lots more to tell you... :smile:
Original post by the_last_melon
1) childbirth.

2) breasts containing milk.

3) aren't built like ogres.

4) testosterone rises steadily with age rather than peaking then fading.

5) vastly superior social intelligence.

6) obsessed with health and beauty which are sensible obsessions. Beauty is deception which demonstrates an instinctive understanding for warfare.

7) equally capable as men in all technical areas, just less interested in doing it because it is seen like monkey-work to them.

8) they all know it, but never talk about it, except the feminists - but most of them aren't feminists whereas most men are chauvanists because they are in denial about their inferiority.

I could go on and on, but now it's your turn to contribute.

ahahahahahahahaha women superior to men? Pffffffftttt!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

this legit made me laugh out loud. This is way too good bro!!!!! Hahahahahahaha, top class banta mate! :smile:
Reply 147
1) Childbirth.

6) Obsessed with health and beauty which are sensible obsessions. Beauty is deception which demonstrates an instinctive understanding for warfare.

7) Equally capable as men in all technical areas, just less interested in doing it because it is seen like monkey-work to them.

8) They all know it, but never talk about it, except the feminists - but most of them aren't feminists whereas most men are chauvanists because they are in denial about their inferiority.

That's unfair. I could make an argument about how I believe men are superior because of aspects they have like a penis, and semen, and the Y chromosome, and "They all know it, but never talk about it," which is just a generalization so huge. Plus, most of the points are opinion. Some women aren't obsessed with health and beauty. Some are built like ogres. It's just a tad generalized.
op is a cuck phaggot
A hierarchy or a conceptual model or framework are all a figment of your imagination

Humans like to compare... But in reality, everything exists in its own right, and especially when it comes to something as complex as humans, comparison is impossible, nature doesn't compare and say one is above the other, or these two are equal...

Nature doesn't say anything. Everything simply exists.

Humans feel the need to compare to help them understand and organise the world, that can have its practical uses sure

But when you realise it's all a figment of your imagination, you'll stop all this debating about stuff that doesn't exist in the first place i.e. The hierarchy of men and women and then let's add children and then animals and then the bees and the aliens
1) Childbirth.

We're equal, we just have different biological strengths. For example women are often less prone to genetic conditions like muscular dystrophy and colourblindness because we have a spare X chromosome, and we tend to live longer than men. But we also have monthly periods which screw around with our hormones and emotions and cause a giant inconvenience.

Socially there doesn't need to be any difference, it's all in how men and women are raised.
[QUOTE=The_Last_Melon;642325277) Equally capable as men in all technical areas, just less interested in doing it because it is seen like monkey-work to them.

my ****ing sides.
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
I always thought of it as a plus since you have that connection to the child whereas the man just awkwardly stands in the corner.

:laugh::laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending