The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys,

I have sent off my declaration signature thing; well I did a while back. Am I meant to hear back from student finance or is it all done and dusted? Is there a way for me to find out without phoning up?
Original post by Teaddict

Original post by Teaddict
Hey guys,

I have sent off my declaration signature thing; well I did a while back. Am I meant to hear back from student finance or is it all done and dusted? Is there a way for me to find out without phoning up?

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153,4680119&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL checked here?
Anyone else had to send off an ADIF form [where it needs to be signed/detailed by someone with a good standing in the community]? I rang them for something about my birth certificate and the lady on the phone said I should send it off and emailed me it. Trouble is it's a massive hassle finding someone who could fill it out and I've asked a few people and they never had to send it. I was wondering whether I could get away with not sending it? They're already getting my birth certificate ffs...

Obviously. When I checked the website I couldn't find anything to clarify it...then again, my idea of clarification would be "we have received such and such".
Is it necessary to inform student finance if my passport number changes?
Original post by yourcodenameis:milo
Is it necessary to inform student finance if my passport number changes?

Not if they've approved your application as a first year. They only wanted it to prove who you were. Don't have to provide it for subsequent years.
Original post by glf2110
Not if they've approved your application as a first year. They only wanted it to prove who you were. Don't have to provide it for subsequent years.

So if I've already got my confirmation letter back it's alright?

Sorry, I'm rubbish with this sort of stuff.
Original post by yourcodenameis:milo
So if I've already got my confirmation letter back it's alright?

Sorry, I'm rubbish with this sort of stuff.

Yeah, it's fine. :smile:
all my application is complete; everythings gone through but where do i go to add my national insure number and bank details ? thanks. pos rep.
Original post by NotSoCool.Fly
all my application is complete; everythings gone through but where do i go to add my national insure number and bank details ? thanks. pos rep.

When you log into your account, to change your NI Number, On the left hand side, Click "Update My Profile" And for Bank Details click "Update Bank Details"
thanks!
do i NEED the bank roll number:s-smilie:
thanks!

Account number and sort code. Building Societies sometimes need an additional code.
thanks!

Definitely not if you're with a bank, potentially if you're with a building society. If you're not sure, then check (it's not urgent, just some point before they pay you!) so you can be sure your money is going to the right place.
Original post by bb_girl
Hello. Can you help me with a problem? I got a conditional offer for civil engineering with study in north america at unierstiy of manchester and i decided to change my course and move to civil engineering with a year in industry. at the moment when i sent my student loan application, i was still for the first profile, so i need to announce them now that i switched courses. how can i announce them, can you please tell me?

You simply give Student Finanace England a call and they will change the course for you.
Taking an year in the industry might give you a better value than a year in North America by the way:wink:
Original post by francistheswole
hey guys a lil confused. on my online application it says i don't need to send anymore evidence, but i received an email saying that i need to send my sponsors financial evidence. do i send the evidence? also what evidence are they looking for? would a p60 be enough? also what year does it have to be in? 2009-2010?

thanks

I, at the beginning of my higher education adventure, based many of my thoughts on what I read on different websites, then I realized that giving a call directly to the SFE for instance might be more expensive but definitely time-saving and ultimately well-worth:wink:

In other words: Call them and ask if their website doesn't offer you enough information!
Original post by glf2110
Yeah, it's fine. :smile:

Thank you.
What bank accounts have you all used?

I have a normal one in which all my money is kept so just that one? or has everyone started a new one?
Reply 5497
Original post by King CalZ
What bank accounts have you all used?

I have a normal one in which all my money is kept so just that one? or has everyone started a new one?

Co-Op Student Account.
Original post by Noble.
Co-Op Student Account.

Any reason why?

Did they not ask you for a confirmation letter from a university?
Reply 5499
Original post by King CalZ
Any reason why?

Did they not ask you for a confirmation letter from a university?

They did, although I'm not sending it off (because they want the original) so I'll go into my local Co-Op soon (was living in a town where the nearest Co-Op branch was 60 miles away a few months ago). However, I have been using my 0% £1400 overdraft, which they don't have a problem with, so I don't see much point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending