Original post by AtomicMan
its on studentforumz

Thanks, i got it.
Reply 222
Anyone has grade boundaries?
Reply 223
Original post by raheem94
Thanks, i got it.

pls, is there any chance of you posting the link here...cant access student forums :/ tahnx
Original post by Andreas.S
pls, is there any chance of you posting the link here...cant access student forums :/ tahnx

I have attached the physics jan 2012 mark scheme with this post.
Reply 225
Original post by Dog4444
Anyone has grade boundaries?

Grade boundaries comes out on the exam board website the day before results day. So exactly 2 weeks left to go!

absolutely ridiculous, 57/80 for an A for that disgusting paper?
Reply 227

Is it?

do you know where to find a copy if the paper?
(edited 12 years ago)

can you post a link to where you found this please.
Reply 232
By far the hardest unit 1 paper that I've seen, with a high grade boundary. Damn.
Original post by jithinr77
do you know where to find a copy if the paper?

Use the link given below to download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?u498j3oor3dpyyx

The file size was larger than the maximum file size allowed on TSR hence i had to upload it on a file sharing site.
57/80 for an A is good? I admit it was a tough paper; very wordy, but it wasn't insane. Saying that, many top physicists in my year failed to complete the paper.

Good luck all!
Disgusted to get 98/120 but i am myself to blame for it as i started studying for it in the last 2-3 days.

Should i re-sit the paper in june?

I am aiming for an A* which i will achieve if i work hard on other units, but isn't dropping 22 marks in unit 1 too much? I only dropped 28marks out of 600 in chemistry last year so dropping 22 marks on one paper will have a very poor effect on my total marks.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 236
Got 102/120 in the end, slightly dissapointing, but considering I ran out of time, and left the last question completely open, I couldn't really hope for much better.
Reply 237
I got 94/120 which is a B. Extremely disappointed, but my teacher says I shouldn't retake it because I won't need to get amazing marks in physics at work because I was 2 UMS from an A and that I will get an A in the next exam. I really NEED an A* prediction for uni application next year. :confused: What do you guys think? Should I retake?
really disappointed. got 70/120. i was expecting better but no one in my class got higher than a D.
Original post by uttamo
I got 94/120 which is a B. Extremely disappointed, but my teacher says I shouldn't retake it because I won't need to get amazing marks in physics at work because I was 2 UMS from an A and that I will get an A in the next exam. I really NEED an A* prediction for uni application next year. :confused: What do you guys think? Should I retake?

I will advice you to retake. I am in a similar position as you, i got 98/120 in unit 1 which i am disgusted about. However, i only prepared in the last 2-3 days. Will probably be retaking it in june.

You have dropped 26 marks at unit 1 which isn't good for an A* student. I got an A* in chemistry last year and dropped only 28marks out of 600, and all papers were first attempts. So dropping 22 marks in one paper is extremely disappointing for me.

If you think you can get an A* than repeat it, unit 1 doesn't requires much preparation and getting A* in A2 units and doing poorly at AS doesn't looks good.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending