The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Maths !

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
Thank you for uploading images of the walkthrough of the examination, im sure many people will find it helpful. However, may i refer you to your answer for question 9)c) of paper 1. With -40(x+5), would you not get -40x -200, to give you a final answer of -200/x(x+5) instead of +200x/x(x+5)?
Reply 181
22/23 for a 2?!
you cant be serious:s-smilie:
Reply 182
Original post by shayanwithdaplan
Hello,
Thank you for uploading images of the walkthrough of the examination, im sure many people will find it helpful. However, may i refer you to your answer for question 9)c) of paper 1. With -40(x+5), would you not get -40x -200, to give you a final answer of -200/x(x+5) instead of +200x/x(x+5)?

She did it a bit unusually IMO (just take the longer from the shorter :tongue:) but no, the difference between the two times would have to be positive/an absolute value.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by kaleidoscope
what does everyone think the pass mark for a 2 will be?

It should be around 50% for KU and possibly even less for RE
Reply 184
Just out of interest, what happens if you get 100% in both papers? I don't think I've got anywhere near that, but a friend told me that if you get full marks then the SQA send you a special letter. Is this true??
Reply 185
Hello,

Ah yes of course, thank for the clarification.

Original post by mimx
She did it a bit unusually IMO (just take the longer from the shorter :tongue:) but no, the difference between the two times would have to be positive/an absolute value.

That's because i realised i was subtracting the longer time from the shorter time half way through so put some brackets in with a minus sign in to reverse everything - may have missed a negative on route :wink: Also knew it had to be a positive final answer hence the swapping :tongue:
Original post by physicsgleek
I put 1/2n(1/2n+1) :biggrin:

I put that too! :smile:
Original post by kaleidoscope
what does everyone think the pass mark for a 2 will be?

55% ku
45% re
Original post by joanne25
22/23 for a 2?!
you cant be serious:s-smilie:

It's 50% for nearly all standard grade subjects, and even for highers.
Original post by coultra1
Just out of interest, what happens if you get 100% in both papers? I don't think I've got anywhere near that, but a friend told me that if you get full marks then the SQA send you a special letter. Is this true??

My sister got 100% for higher art (exam paper and met the highest criteria for folio) and the school got notified so she found out when she spoke to her art teacher :smile: so you will probably find out of you do! :smile:
Original post by rd700
okay thanks man:smile:

No bother :smile: how do you think yours went?

Thanks for that! :smile: I'm really pleased I think I've got a 1 now!
Reply 193
[QUOTE="anthonyfl;37390580"]No bother :smile: how do you think yours went?[/QUOTE

Feel confident about KU but I know I've dropped marks in the ES on paper 1... what about you?:cool:
[QUOTE="rd700;37393272"]
Original post by anthonyfl
No bother :smile: how do you think yours went?[/QUOTE

Feel confident about KU but I know I've dropped marks in the ES on paper 1... what about you?:cool:

Fairly confident! I think I've done better in Reasoning than in KU, don't know why :smile:
Reply 195
Does anyone think for question 9(c) on paper 1 that it's possible to pick up a mark even if you subtracted the wrong way around and got -200/x(x+5)?
Original post by rd700
Does anyone think for question 9(c) on paper 1 that it's possible to pick up a mark even if you subtracted the wrong way around and got -200/x(x+5)?

That's the right answer, I checked invergordon academy's website.
I got it quite easily because I done the 2003 past paper which has an almost identical question :smile:
Reply 197
no it's positive 200 but I realised what you needed to do but just did it the wrong way, hoping for a mark
Reply 198
you should get at least 1 mark. did you write that final answer is positive?
Original post by anthonyfl
Thanks for that! :smile: I'm really pleased I think I've got a 1 now!

Same here! I wasn't too sure about paper 1 thought I had possibly failed it but now its looking more like a 1 or 1/2!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending