The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3160
Original post by jungle1
But this should not be happening. Why should we go extra early in the morning to just get work. Surely if my schedule says go to X, I will work at X??

Yes, you are right and it should not be happening. But the time of your signing, you will be paid. We need money / they need security staff. Since there are system malfunction, I believe we have to approach.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 3161
Original post by Jamielawrence1945
Anyone know the email address for scheduling? Any help pleasee? :smile:

It is the sms that I got from GMB

Hi all, If you have any queries regarding work rotas, shift scheduling, etc. then please e-mail to: [email protected]
Hopefully, they will help you.

Reply 3162
Original post by mattstar
yaaay i just checked sia tracker and my licence has been granted (after 1 nd a half weeks of processing). hopefully i get my badge on monday. Also i will be going to collect my accred and uniform without invite. hopefully i'll be able to get everything. positive thinking goes along way people.

Good luck mate.

Reply 3163
Original post by coolasacucumber
Oo what venue you at?

The riverbank arena.

Reply 3164
Original post by ybasnet
Yah...try tomorrow. If you get accreditation and uniform..you are preety much in. You then can call to scheduling team and chase up your pay roll number as well.

Thanks for the reply, im gunna try my luck tomrow.. they have defo screwed up big time loool.
Reply 3165
Original post by ybasnet
Yah...try tomorrow. If you get accreditation and uniform..you are preety much in. You then can call to scheduling team and chase up your pay roll number as well.

Thanks for the reply :smile:, im gunna try my luck tomrow, they have defo screwed up bigtime loool.
Reply 3166
Original post by Z-Ninja
Heyy how do you get a payroll number?.. i hvnt got a schedule either yet :s and about accrediation, does it come through the post or what?.. Thanks lol :wink:... I passed screening last week and done all da training but im going to go tomrow to see accrediation office and pick up uniform as alot of ppl are saying its the best way aha :tongue:

Original post by ybasnet
It is the sms that I got from GMB

Hi all, If you have any queries regarding work rotas, shift scheduling, etc. then please e-mail to: [email protected]
Hopefully, they will help you.

Ah, awesome! Cheers :smile:
Reply 3168
Original post by Z-Ninja
Heyy how do you get a payroll number?.. i hvnt got a schedule either yet :s and about accrediation, does it come through the post or what?.. Thanks lol :wink:... I passed screening last week and done all da training but im going to go tomrow to see accrediation office and pick up uniform as alot of ppl are saying its the best way aha :tongue:

After collecting your accreditation and uniform, call / email scheduling team. They will chase up your payroll number as well as duty.

Good luck mate

Hi guys. How much do you get paid for psa? Is it £9?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
How do i find out where I'm working? This ESS is showing all my shifts but It don't tell me what location it is or how I even get there .... it just says Common Domain Z4 :s-smilie:
Reply 3171
Original post by ybasnet
After collecting your accreditation and uniform, call / email scheduling team. They will chase up your payroll number as well as duty.

Good luck mate

Thanks for the reply :smile:, im gunna try my luck tomrow, they have defo screwed up bigtime loool.
what's PSA? What's the difference between PSA and patrolling perimeter duty?
Anyone know what OSA role means

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by yennibubs
Hi guys. How much do you get paid for psa? Is it £9?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

i think all the roles are £8.50 PA if in London, £6.08 if outside and £12 if a TL :smile:
Reply 3175
Original post by cl_steele
i think all the roles are £8.50 PA if in London, £6.08 if outside and £12 if a TL :smile:

PSA £9 p/h not incl. the 50p completion rate, so basically £9.50
Reply 3176
Original post by cl_steele

It's £8.50 for all SIA, no one would work for £6.08 with a badge outside of London! I get paid more than that as a steward! (Which incidentally, is what the £6.08 is for, stewards, although at my initial interview in November, G4S said they wouldn't be hiring stewards as everyone had to be licensed.)

Anyone have any experience with the Manchester accreditation pick-up? I'm planning on heading there tomorrow, but then have to go straight to work so I don't have more than an hour or two to queue! Also, do we get uniform from Old Trafford? And Oyster cards? I'm more than happy to turn up to a venue and demand work (lol) but need all my bits and pieces first!

Oh and also, My ESS says 'Door Supervisor' and nothing more... Does this mean I haven't even been assigned a role yet?
Original post by treeves
PSA £9 p/h not incl. the 50p completion rate, so basically £9.50

I think i just negged you by accident sorry about that!! i'll even it out when it lets me again, sorry :tongue:
Original post by Elle408
It's £8.50 for all SIA, no one would work for £6.08 with a badge outside of London! I get paid more than that as a steward! (Which incidentally, is what the £6.08 is for, stewards, although at my initial interview in November, G4S said they wouldn't be hiring stewards as everyone had to be licensed.)

Anyone have any experience with the Manchester accreditation pick-up? I'm planning on heading there tomorrow, but then have to go straight to work so I don't have more than an hour or two to queue! Also, do we get uniform from Old Trafford? And Oyster cards? I'm more than happy to turn up to a venue and demand work (lol) but need all my bits and pieces first!

Oh and also, My ESS says 'Door Supervisor' and nothing more... Does this mean I haven't even been assigned a role yet?

My mistake, sorry :biggrin:
Reply 3178
i will try and pick up accreditation and uniform tomorrow, hopefully it will be all good
(edited 11 years ago)
I actually worked 13 hour shifts last two days. Was meant to be 12.5 hours, but leader were late relieving me from my post and deploying the morning shift people on time :colonhash:. It's just annoying cos I'd already been working for ages and just wanted to get home and sleep, but hopefully they will pay me for that extra half an hour of those shifts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending