The Student Room Group

Int 2 maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airess3
For the changing of the subject formula question, could i still get 1 mark for putting a root but also putting 'I-E' under the root? :confused:

maybe i suppose yes (1/3) on Q9 - since you knew to take sqrt of RHS.
Original post by tomctutor
maybe i suppose yes (1/3) on Q9 - since you knew to take sqrt of RHS.

Thanks :smile:!! So that brings me up to 57 out of 80 which is an A since you need 56/80 to get an A. Hope that SQA don't do anything to the grade boundaries this year. Or maybe bringing them down would be better for the benefit of others :smile:
Original post by Airess3
Our maths teacher took one look at all our worried faces when we came out of the exam and made a run for it!

Haha! I would've too. Eeeek! We can only hope for the best!:smile:
Reply 183
I found paper 1 to be a nightmare and am certain I've failed that paper by a few marks however I think I've done really well in paper 2 - does anyone know how the overall grade is calculated? If you fail paper 1 can you still pass the exam? Or do you have to get 50% in both papers to pass? I'm confused!
How likely is it for the grade boundaries to be lower for an A this year, considering you needed only 70% last year and it was a fairly easy paper compared to this year?
Original post by lauraaaaaaaaa
How likely is it for the grade boundaries to be lower for an A this year, considering you needed only 70% last year and it was a fairly easy paper compared to this year?

I think it is likely because many people found this one hard but the grade boundaries were pretty consistent for the last few years so I'm not sure...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending