The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

The Univerisity of Sunderland Group.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amylouise_7
Hi, i have an offer from sunderland for Pharmacy. Im from scotland so would be moving down to halls. Can anyone advise on which halls are best for first years and also which halls have ensuite facilities etc :smile:

Amy. :smile:

Original post by Tom62
Starting in Sept! :smile:
Staying in Clanny, anyone know much about these halls?

Hey guys, check out the info on the website about the halls.

http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/studentlife/accommodation/

x
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Hi
Ive just got a place at Sunderland Uni doing a D&T PGCE and i was wondering if anyone knew how to find accommodation. I dont want to live in halls again and am looking for a flat share or a house or something. I come from Yorkshire and I dont know the area that well either!
Reply 22
Hey im not going to do performance studies but i am thinking of going to Sunderland :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by NatalieKate11
Is anybody studying at Sunderland University next year? I'm studying Performing Arts...I hope I find someone who's doing it with me :smile: x

Hi

I've moved this thread to the North of England forum. You can find a University of Sunderland group here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1559545

I'll ask a mod to merge your thread into this thread :hat2:
I'm going to Sunderland in September this year to do English & Creative Writing. I live in Sunderland so I won't be bothering with the halls but I really can't wait to start! I'm thinking of joining the Dance Society :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by SoulSparkle
I'm going to Sunderland in September this year to do English & Creative Writing. I live in Sunderland so I won't be bothering with the halls but I really can't wait to start! I'm thinking of joining the Dance Society :smile:

Hi SoulSparkle, I'm also thinking of joining the Dance Society. But I can't find more information about it. Maybe you know more? ;] If yes, please give me links or something else :smile:
Original post by *Dark_Angel*
Hi
Ive just got a place at Sunderland Uni doing a D&T PGCE and i was wondering if anyone knew how to find accommodation. I dont want to live in halls again and am looking for a flat share or a house or something. I come from Yorkshire and I dont know the area that well either!

Hello!
Can I ask why you don't want to live in halls?

Here is some information on halls for postgrad http://services.sunderland.ac.uk/facilities/residentialservices/lookingforaccommodation/accommodationoptions/postgraduateaccommodation/

I suggest if you really don't want to live in halls you contact the university to see if they can help you find a group of students to live with. You could also just google it.

x
Reply 27
Heyy Guys
Got an offer to study accountancy but whats putting me off is that im based at the Sir Tom Cowie Campus at ST Peters .... and i believe the accomodation is on the other side of the 'bridge' !!

1) How long is it (average) from any accomdation to the 'Sir Tom Cowie Campus at ST Peters'
2) What accomodation would you recomend based on my situation??

Would really appreciate some advice as i'd love to firm sunderland as my top choice !!
Thanks
Reply 28
Original post by Manesh92
Heyy Guys
Got an offer to study accountancy but whats putting me off is that im based at the Sir Tom Cowie Campus at ST Peters .... and i believe the accomodation is on the other side of the 'bridge' !!

1) How long is it (average) from any accomdation to the 'Sir Tom Cowie Campus at ST Peters'
2) What accomodation would you recomend based on my situation??

Would really appreciate some advice as i'd love to firm sunderland as my top choice !!
Thanks

The closest accomodation would be Scotia Quay or Panns Bank, both are literally on the other side of the river from St. Peter's. Otherwise there is Clanny House and The Precinct which are a bit further away, about a 40 minute or so walk from St. Peters, over the bridge. There is a campus bus which runs frequently from the halls to all the uni buildings which is great, or there is the metro which runs every 10 minutes or so and is really reliable, you'll have no trouble whatsoever getting to uni :smile:
I'd probably reccomend Panns Bank or Scotia Quay for accomodation considering where you are studying, however these are the two most expensive halls! You'd also be lucky to get a place in either now, those are the two that generally fill up the quickest. You'll be fine at Clanny, I'm living in Clanny just now, and I'm at St. Peters for one lecture a week, and I've never had a problem getting there :smile:
Reply 29
Hi, i have an offer from sunderland for Pharmacy. Im from scotland so would be moving down to halls. Can anyone advise on which halls are best for first years and also which halls have ensuite facilities etc :smile:

Amy. :smile:

I'm down from Scotland studying at Sunderland too :smile:

I'm in Clanny House just now, and I love it! It's nothing fancy, but it does the job. It's the biggest halls too, so there's always someone around and something to do. I think the only halls that have ensuite is The Forge, which is a private halls and the most expensive, and Scotia Quay, which again is one of the most expensive (and I think Scotia Quay priority is usually given to MA students)
Reply 30
Thanks Becka132, you have been of great assistance..... there is one more query tho. My intention is to put Sunderland Uni as my insurance choice. Am i still able to choose accomodation even tho its not my first choice?

Thanks Again
Original post by Becka132

I'm down from Scotland studying at Sunderland too :smile:

I'm in Clanny House just now, and I love it! It's nothing fancy, but it does the job. It's the biggest halls too, so there's always someone around and something to do. I think the only halls that have ensuite is The Forge, which is a private halls and the most expensive, and Scotia Quay, which again is one of the most expensive (and I think Scotia Quay priority is usually given to MA students)

Aww Hi, yeah iv applied for those ones and the precinct premium ones too? what are those ones like? :smile: x
Reply 32
Aww Hi, yeah iv applied for those ones and the precinct premium ones too? what are those ones like? :smile: x

I've been in the Precinct, but I don't know the difference between the normal ones and the premium ones... Maybe the premium ones are the refurbished ones, I'm not entirely sure. The Precinct is ok - it's liveable at least. I'm not a huge fan of it, it doesn't feel 'homely' at all - but then you do struggle to get the homely feel in halls I think! It's got breeze block walls, rather than plaster on the walls, which always seems to be an issue for me, not sure why! But at the same time, it's closer to City Campus than Clanny is... But overall I'd prefer Clanny tbh :smile: Has any of that made sense to you? I feel like I'm rambling on and talking nonsense haha... :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Manesh92
Thanks Becka132, you have been of great assistance..... there is one more query tho. My intention is to put Sunderland Uni as my insurance choice. Am i still able to choose accomodation even tho its not my first choice?

Thanks Again

I'm not sure. I think you can? You'd be better checking with the University I think, my offer was my firm choice, so I could apply for my accomodation.
I've been in the Precinct, but I don't know the difference between the normal ones and the premium ones... Maybe the premium ones are the refurbished ones, I'm not entirely sure. The Precinct is ok - it's liveable at least. I'm not a huge fan of it, it doesn't feel 'homely' at all - but then you do struggle to get the homely feel in halls I think! It's got breeze block walls, rather than plaster on the walls, which always seems to be an issue for me, not sure why! But at the same time, it's closer to City Campus than Clanny is... But overall I'd prefer Clanny tbh :smile: Has any of that made sense to you? I feel like I'm rambling on and talking nonsense haha... :smile:

No, that makes sense!! haha :smile: yeah i think they are just refurbished ones :smile: iv also applied for clanny aswell :smile: I'm having a bit of a problem with the application online thing cause i submitted my application and then firmed my conditional offer a few days after and they emailed saying it hadn't been processed as I hadnt firmed my offer yet but they would keep an eye out for when the status of my ucas application changes but now when i log on it says i have no application!! So i'm quite confused!! lol

Where abouts in Scotland are you from? I'm from fife :smile: x
Reply 35
No, that makes sense!! haha :smile: yeah i think they are just refurbished ones :smile: iv also applied for clanny aswell :smile: I'm having a bit of a problem with the application online thing cause i submitted my application and then firmed my conditional offer a few days after and they emailed saying it hadn't been processed as I hadnt firmed my offer yet but they would keep an eye out for when the status of my ucas application changes but now when i log on it says i have no application!! So i'm quite confused!! lol

Where abouts in Scotland are you from? I'm from fife :smile: x

Maybe best to give them a quick phone and see what's what, just so you know you've got your accomodation sorted, less stress in August when you get your exam results :biggrin:

I'm from Livingston :smile:
Reply 36
Hey guys, i'm planning on firming sunderland soon to study psychology :smile:

Just wondering what accommodation people are considering, there's quite a few to choose from!
eee i'm getting rather excited now!
I am glad i found this thread ^^
Sunderland has also answered to my application with an unconditional offer, for the degree of Pharmacy, which i accepted.
I have also applied for accomodation at The Precinct, since it is about the same as Clanny House(from what i have heard) and it is also the closest to the campus.

Also i would be very glad if i were to meet other students before coming to the uni :smile:
Hi,

I was wondering if any digital film production or media students could help me with a query I have. I was wondering whether buying a macbook pro is a necessity to the course i.e do most students who do this course purchase mac pros to work on outside of the uni environment or do they perform all their work on mac base stations in the uni.

I don't mind spending the money on a mac pro if it's a neccesity but I would go for a cheaper windows based laptop if it wasn't a necessity.

Thank you in advance =)
Maybe best to give them a quick phone and see what's what, just so you know you've got your accomodation sorted, less stress in August when you get your exam results :biggrin:

I'm from Livingston :smile:

yeah iv contacted them and they are going to get back to me in a few day when they have looked at my application :smile:
Aw thats not too far away from me then :smile:
How long have you been studying in sunderland for :smile:? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending