Common Misconceptions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bellissima
what is it then?

Water plus some type of protein :s-smilie:
Original post by Fusion

oh good, i love my steak medium rare and im always paranoid about the "blood" but i dont have to be now!
I used to think that lingerie was pronounced ling-ah-ree...
Original post by Fusion

Yeah, it's myoglobin.
Reply 24
Use to think the phrase 'passtime' was 'pasttime'
Reply 25
Original post by Bobifier
This page amuses me on a number of levels. Not least of which is just the fact that it exists.

:confused:
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
When people say 'it's a whole different kettle of fish', kettle is collective term for fish and not the appliance you use to make tea. :redface:

Similarly I used to think that 'kettling' meant that police used to bop rioters over the head with metal kitchen kettles.
When I was 6 or something, I played Grand Theft Auto (the original one). Yes, I know I was a little young, but I don't think I understood the violence. I thought the playable character was a giant chicken.

Edit: Next person who negs this, please reply and give me a reason. I thought that Grand Theft Auto was about farm animals. It was my childhood misconception. What's wrong with that?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I used to think 'fingers' were called 'thingers' and used to have proper heated debates with people who said otherwise. I was 7, I'm over it now.

put this in your signature instead. :cool:

Original post by Airel
Use to think the phrase 'passtime' was 'pasttime'

OMG me too!

...Until now :rolleyes:
Reply 30
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
When people say 'it's a whole different kettle of fish', kettle is collective term for fish and not the appliance you use to make tea. :redface:

adorable!
Reply 31
when people say 'sweating like a stuck pig' they are incorrect cos pigs can't actually sweat.
Reply 32
The world around us ins't actually real, it's just a computer program in which we are part of called the matrix.
Reply 33
Original post by U.S Lecce
You have to watch this!

Watch it from 1:10 onwards.

Is that the old animation of Peter Griffin and Brian?
I used to think that there were three spellings of the word "which" (or "witch").

Which, witch and wich. I could never work out when to use the first and when the third (although I knew the difference between 'which'/'wich' and an old lady with a crooked nose and a cauldron).

The Offspring song Wannabes also confused me. When they sang "The world needs wannabes", I heard "The world needs water pizza". I remember thinking, 'however catchy this tune is, I'm not sure they're right that the world does need water pizza...'
Original post by Journalistic
I used to think that there were three spellings of the word "which" (or "witch").

Which, witch and wich. I could never work out when to use the first and when the third (although I knew the difference between 'which'/'wich' and an old lady with a crooked nose and a cauldron).

The Offspring song Wannabes also confused me. When they sang "The world needs wannabes", I heard "The world needs water pizza". I remember thinking, 'however catchy this tune is, I'm not sure they're right that the world does need water pizza...'

I used to think in that No Doubt song, Don't Speak the words were 'Don't tell the customers' instead of 'Don't tell me cause it hurts'. I had the same thoughts as you, that just makes no sense and kind of thought I was a little superior because I saw the flaw :tongue:
Reply 36
Used to believe that if I stuck my arm up behind the radiator, or under my bed, a tarantula would get it, or if my leg was sticking way out from under the covers at night, something would surely attack it.

Also thought my sister was adopted.
I thought my first day of school was also my last.

Imagine my surprise the next morning. :nothing:
Reply 38
Until last year I always thought that changing the clocks back and forth for winter/summer time was something we didn't have any control over :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by Member737,514
I used to think that lingerie was pronounced ling-ah-ree...

Me too! *cringe*

Quick Reply

Latest