The Student Room Group

Guys? Tall Girls :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Jim-Jam
And you also get by with a little help from your friends, right?

I like this girl, she's a bit taller than most people i know, but no way do I have a chance, she seems more popular, obviously one of the newer people so more involved in just about... anything... It's annoying, she talks to me and everything but I don't know. :s-smilie:

Don't worry man, you'll get high with a little help from your friends :biggrin:

Trust me I know what you mean, it's happened to me too, I was REALLY into the girl, but I can't say I loved her because I didn't know enough about her. She was very tall, like 6ft and she was a model. I'm still taller than her, but I was totally intimidated by how pretty and popular she was, everybody liked her.

But inside she was a bit of a loner, she was a bit emo, she listened to the same music I did. I felt like she was another version of me, albeit a very attractive and popular one.

She's the one that got away...but next time I find someone I like that much I'll do something about it, because I really regret not doing it and now were in different countries.
Reply 21
Same happened to me :frown: I left it too long - then we went past the 'friend zone' he went out with another girl for like 3 months and I never see him any more. He's broken up with her now but I now could never approach him. Life's too short for this crap - next time, Imma gonna be brave :/
Reply 22
school is quite limited place to meet tall guys I am a tall guy always have been and it wasnt until uni in a big city that I met other guys close to my height or even taller if you are at school in a small town it is unlikely you will find what you seek
Reply 23
Veddiegirl relax- Peopel are getting taller and taller, I'm a guy of 5'11 and most friedns are taller than me. There are loads of 6'2/6'3 guys you could have
Reply 24
Veggie girl, you know what? You wouldn't be out of place in Norway or Sweden, where lots of girls are your height. The real issue is confidence. Put on some heels, stand straight and be prepared to tell people to sod off.

A good thing about your height is that it serves as a filter. You get rid of a lot of deadbeats, without having to do anything. Those who are interested, well, it is a smaller pool;-)
Reply 25
Doesn't matter if they're short, or tall tbf.
Original post by PeckhamKid
Veddiegirl relax- Peopel are getting taller and taller, I'm a guy of 5'11 and most friedns are taller than me. There are loads of 6'2/6'3 guys you could have

Anecdotal evidence here. 5'10 is the average young male. That's not going to change any time soon.

Also, this is OP problem. She feels she needs to go out with someone who is taller than her. Also, there aren't loads of people who are 6'2/6'3 guys, hence why they are tall and not average.
Reply 27
Ya know, being over 6ft has its advantages but when you see a tall girl, she has a typical face on her that is either startled at being taller than most people in the bar/club she is in, she is looking around desperately trying to see if a guy is taller than her or she is into her phone.
Next time you see a tall girl without male company, watch her. She will do those things.

If you are similar in height, she wont even entertain the notion of listening to you.

They have themselves to blame.
Tall = looooong legs = awesome

I'm 6'2 and wouldn't consider height to ever be an issue. Quite the opposite, in that I find very tall girls extremely sexy.
taller girls tend to be more lonely/ slightly less in demand because they seems to place more importance on the guy being taller than themselves. if they are so willing to rule out guys who are a few inches shorter but who are otherwise very talented and would make for excellent romantic potential,then that's their fault as far as i am concerned

saying that, i am 6'4 and in relationship with guy who is 5'9 - meaning i have got 18cm on him ;D i admit i was surprised he did agree to my approaches to date + eventually form relationship with me,but at the same time i am relieved that i selected somebody who overlooks this height 'thing' most others would be very concious and weary of.
......he knows what is good for him ;D clever guy :sexface:
Reply 30
If you had asked me this a year ago I would have totally agreed with you as I'm 5'11.5 and I used to absolutely despise my height for the exact same reasons as you to, i found it hard to date as it seemed most guys were shorter than me or would say something like 'you're freakishly tall'. And i don't know what happened but over the past year as i've started going out, all these tall guys are appearing from no-where. & most guys love long legs, whether they make you taller than you or not, so get them out! But I promise you every tall girl feels exactly like you at some point, but it will go away and you will work with what yo' mama gave ya. :biggrin::biggrin:
I'm 5' 11.. I've never had a problem on the dating front :wink: I've always felt pretty lucky with regards to my height, I wouldn't change it for the world :smile:
end of the day tall girls are good, would be nice to be able to go out with a girl at 6ft for once
Reply 33
Original post by TALLJADE
i found it hard to date as it seemed most guys were shorter than me or would say something like 'you're freakishly tall'.

Yeah haha - I get giant lanky legs a lot of the time :biggrin:
Thanks for the replies :smile:
Original post by VeggieGirl
Helllloooo
Have been wondering about this for a while and just wanted to know what guys actually think.
I'm always paranoid I'm going to end up alone because no one has ever shown any interest in me. Never been asked out. They say i'm pretty :/ and gorgeous (loool :wink: ) but yeah that's all girls pretty much.
I've been scared of my height for since i can remember - im 5ft 11.5 inches. And errr yeah, most guys tbh in my college are shorter than me. There are a few that are taller. I'm just so used to people calling me a giant etc. that yeah - im scared. Scared that i'll never find someone - and scared to go into a relationship with someone shorter.
I had a little - continual fling with my friend who is about a foot shorter than me. He said he loved me and would erm.... trying to be delicate.... love to #@#@ me :wink: but would never go out with me because of my height.

I would love to find someone who i liked and was tall (did find him- but err yeah nothing happened - was upset for quite a while :/ :frown: )

So guys - what do you think about tall girls - would you go out with someone taller than you. Girls - anyone tall - same trouble?!

Thanks

I'm 5'7/8 (I think), and would have no issue going out with a girl taller then me, as long as she had no issue with my height.
Reply 35
Original post by Ben_LiveYourDreams
I'm 5'7/8 (I think), and would have no issue going out with a girl taller then me, as long as she had no issue with my height.

Yeah - I'd love to say I don't have an issue. I'd just feel so self-conscious that everybody was looking at us :/ maybe it would be different if I was friends with them first :confused:
Original post by VeggieGirl
Yeah - I'd love to say I don't have an issue. I'd just feel so self-conscious that everybody was looking at us :/ maybe it would be different if I was friends with them first :confused:

Then don't!
You need to follow your heart, rather then what other people think!

If a guy is going to make you happy, but he is smaller then you, then your happynessw matters more then what other people think. People stare and judge at practically anything; clothes, facial features, height, weight.

And they could stare at you and judge anything, but if your happy, then so what! :smile:
Reply 37
I like tall girls personally - (though I am 6' 1" at the moment myself). I think the problem is that most guys don't like girlfriends to be taller than them so you will either have to wait to find one that doesn't mind or find a taller guy.
Reply 38

If we all thought like this, the world would be a happier place.
Original post by QwentyJ
If we all thought like this, the world would be a happier place.

Hence the LiveYourDreams part of my name, which is the name of my upcomming blog on confidence and related issues!

Only you can really decide how you think, so why not think positively!

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest