The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Akkuz
65%. Problem is the 10% deposit..and I still haven't heard from Cambridge, UCL or Imperial :s-smilie:

What can I do about this, besides email the other uni's and ask about my application..?

When is the deadline to reply and to pay?
Reply 81
Original post by zziippoo
When is the deadline to reply and to pay?

I have 1 month to decide..:s-smilie:
Original post by Akkuz

just wait for three more weeks. If you still haven't heard from the other unis, contact them and ask for an extension + contact the other unis and ask how it's going. I do think though that you will have heard by then, at least from UCL, they tend to be fairly fast.
Reply 83
Original post by Akkuz

One month? and we have also Christmas holidays which are close.

Do you think that you have chances to have a place at Imperial/Cambridge?
Reply 84
Original post by Xristina
just wait for three more weeks. If you still haven't heard from the other unis, contact them and ask for an extension + contact the other unis and ask how it's going. I do think though that you will have heard by then, at least from UCL, they tend to be fairly fast.

Yeah. The only worry is Christmas holidays etc. won't admissions offices shut or slow down for the holiday period?
Reply 85
One month? and we have also Christmas holidays which are close.

Do you think that you have chances to have a place at Imperial/Cambridge?

Don't really like the course at Imperial that much (but I do think I have a chance). I do feel I have a decent chance for ucl/cambridge..my grades this year are even higher than this year (so far) but I can't show the uni's that yet unfortunately.
Original post by Akkuz
Yeah. The only worry is Christmas holidays etc. won't admissions offices shut or slow down for the holiday period?

true...but you can't do anything else.
Reply 87
Original post by Akkuz
Don't really like the course at Imperial that much (but I do think I have a chance). I do feel I have a decent chance for ucl/cambridge..my grades this year are even higher than this year (so far) but I can't show the uni's that yet unfortunately.

I understand .. it is very difficult to decide .. make a decision based on the modules , fees, location , name.. if you feel that you have a lot of chances to have a place in other universities then reject its offer!!

what did you apply at imperial?
Reply 88
I understand .. it is very difficult to decide .. make a decision based on the modules , fees, location , name.. if you feel that you have a lot of chances to have a place in other universities then reject its offer!!

what did you apply at imperial?

Worst case..I'll pay the deposit, get a better offer and lose my deposit I guess..

Transport with Business Management. It's an area I like, but perhaps a little too narrow for me, right now.
Reply 89
Congrats, Akkuz! :smile:

When I needed a decision ASAP, UCL responded with an offer within a day; it really impressed me, to be honest.

I wouldn't know about Cambridge and Imperial, but I think it's worth calling/e-mailing them explaining that you've got a deadline on another offer - be sure to put in the 'but I'd rather come to your institution' :wink:. Brown nosing gets you far in the world, I've found! Haha.
Reply 90
Original post by teludaa
Congrats, Akkuz! :smile:

When I needed a decision ASAP, UCL responded with an offer within a day; it really impressed me, to be honest.

I wouldn't know about Cambridge and Imperial, but I think it's worth calling/e-mailing them explaining that you've got a deadline on another offer - be sure to put in the 'but I'd rather come to your institution' :wink:. Brown nosing gets you far in the world, I've found! Haha.

Thanks! I just logged into portico and my status has been changed to.."Currently being processed by admissions"

Maybe they will reply soon..

But if not, like you say, I will email!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by Akkuz
Thanks! I just logged into portico and my status has been changed to.."Currently being processed by admissions"

Maybe they will reply soon..

But if not, like you say, I will email!

In that case, you should receive some form of response by next Fri! Good luck!
Reply 92
Original post by Akkuz
Got an offer!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:woo:

Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by aeterno
:woo:

Congrats :biggrin:

Thanks=) have you got an offer? if so, which course?
Reply 94
Original post by Akkuz
Thanks=) have you got an offer? if so, which course?

Yep for MA IPS :h: (I'm sure I was talking to you about it t'other day :ninja:)

I might see you there then :awesome:
Reply 95
Original post by aeterno
Yep for MA IPS :h: (I'm sure I was talking to you about it t'other day :ninja:)

I might see you there then :awesome:

Sorry my bad, I remember now :tongue: Please forgive! :colondollar:

What does IPS stand for? Is King's your firm choice? AND, do you have to pay this stupid 10% deposit? :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by Akkuz
Sorry my bad, I remember now :tongue: Please forgive! :colondollar:

What does IPS stand for? Is King's your firm choice? AND, do you have to pay this stupid 10% deposit? :frown:

Hmmm, I'll think about it :colonhash: Kidding, you're forgiven :biggrin:

International Peace & Security :smile: It's between KCL and UCL...but even if I get an offer from UCL I might end up choosing KCL because they're cool :awesome:

Yep to the deposit :frown: Sucks man.
Reply 97
Original post by aeterno
Hmmm, I'll think about it :colonhash: Kidding, you're forgiven :biggrin:

International Peace & Security :smile: It's between KCL and UCL...but even if I get an offer from UCL I might end up choosing KCL because they're cool :awesome:

Yep to the deposit :frown: Sucks man.

Thanks for forgiveness! :rave:

Sweet, sounds pretty interesting!! Ahh I'm waiting on UCL too! Good luck to us both :smile:

Yeah..this deposit is going to semi-ruin christmas :colonhash:
Reply 98
Original post by Akkuz
Thanks for forgiveness! :rave:

Sweet, sounds pretty interesting!! Ahh I'm waiting on UCL too! Good luck to us both :smile:

Yeah..this deposit is going to semi-ruin christmas :colonhash:

Any time :cool:

Indeed :biggrin: Good luck to you with Cambridge too! :smile:

This deposit is going to semi-ruin my life :colonhash: (Apparently I'm dramatic around Christmas time...I don't know where people get that from :ninja:)
Reply 99
Original post by aeterno
Any time :cool:

Indeed :biggrin: Good luck to you with Cambridge too! :smile:

This deposit is going to semi-ruin my life :colonhash: (Apparently I'm dramatic around Christmas time...I don't know where people get that from :ninja:)

Yeah..your SO dramatic..gosh!!

Joking!! :colondollar:

Quick Reply