The Student Room Group

Thinking of getting a Harry Potter tattoo...

http://bloodyhellhptattoos.tumblr.com/post/16580147069/hope-you-guys-love-this-tattoo-as-much-as-i-d

Like the one on here, in the same place. What do you think of it? I LOVE Harry Potter but don't want anything too prominent or big. How much would this be likely to cost? And how long would it take roughly (tattoo virgin here :biggrin:)
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I realllllly want the deathly hallows mark on my ankle :biggrin: and i dont think it would take to long, about 30 mins at the max. it would be quite painful though, your feet are meant to be really sore, but i think you should definitely get it :smile:
Reply 2
It would not take long, 10-20 minutes perhaps (could be wrong), and would probably cost whatever their minimum charge is, varies wildly but probably around £50.

If you want it and have thought it through, go for it.
I personally don't like it, I wouldn't get a tattoo that was "fan based" though, so that's just my opinion.
Reply 4
Original post by Cast No Shadow
I personally don't like it, I wouldn't get a tattoo that was "fan based" though, so that's just my opinion.

Completely agree. I'm not a fan of 'fan based' tattoos especially when they're really cheesy :/
Reply 5
When you're 30, you will regret having a Harry Potter tattoo.
Much as I love Harry Potter, I think you would regret it when you're older.
Reply 7
Well that's just... riddikulus! :wizard:
Reply 8
Personally, if I were ever to get a Harry Potter tattoo (not planning on it at the moment) I'd definitely get the Deathly Hallows symbol, probably on my wrist.
Hallows.png

- Because it is actually a beautiful symbol, it's discrete, it does have the meaning of Harry Potter, but it also has the meaning of the Tale of the Three Brothers, so it would also be a reminder to not be too greedy, foolish, or thirsty for power - which I think are all great ideals to carry with you in life.

Edit - the image looks weird, but if you click on it it shows up properly.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PoGo HoPz
Well that's just... riddikulus! :wizard:

Nice :wink:
LOL:

Spoiler

Original post by Cast No Shadow

Original post by Rhi_Chemo
Completely agree. I'm not a fan of 'fan based' tattoos especially when they're really cheesy :/

Original post by funsongfactory
Much as I love Harry Potter, I think you would regret it when you're older.

Original post by yothi5
When you're 30, you will regret having a Harry Potter tattoo.

Thanks for the feedback. I see your points, but I can't imagine ever disliking the book when I'm older. And it will still be a memory of my childhood which is where the appeal for me lies the most. And it can be easily hidden with shoes/socks etc.
Original post by FelixFelicis
LOL:

Spoiler

I'd never get anything that bold :tongue: I have a felix felicis necklace btw :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by FelixFelicis
LOL:

Spoiler

Ew what the ****?
Original post by *Boofle*
Thanks for the feedback. I see your points, but I can't imagine ever disliking the book when I'm older. And it will still be a memory of my childhood which is where the appeal for me lies the most. And it can be easily hidden with shoes/socks etc.

I can't ever imagine disliking Harry Potter either, just saying that there will most likely come a time when you'll feel a bit silly for having a tattoo of it. If you're definitely sure you want one then I'd at least think about getting it a colour that's easy to remove (I think black is supposed to be the hardest to remove, but I'm not certain).
If you want to, go ahead. However, make sure you are 100% certain you want it, as you might regret it when you are older.
If you're going to do it, do it properly - get the lightning bolt on your forehead. :yep:
Reply 17
thought you were gonna say something like this xP

http://totallytop10.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/scar-4.jpg
please no..
Reply 19
The giggles to be had when you're 50 +

Quick Reply

Latest