The Student Room Group

Ched Evans jailed for rape

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by rachelkeira
Some very interesting information has come out about the victim since she was named on twitter last night. I'm sure anyone can find the info if they search hard enough, but remember, don't name her yourself or you are breaking the law!
Definitely 100% convinced of his innocence now.

I do hope you dont mean when his teammate called her "a money-grabbing little tramp" (as well as many other fans abusing her). A sad and unsubstantiated rant that doesnt class as evidence, not even close.

Because if that makes you believe his innocence.. well... you have issues.
Original post by Tommyjw
I do hope you dont mean when his teammate called her "a money-grabbing little tramp" (as well as many other fans abusing her). A sad and unsubstantiated rant that doesnt class as evidence, not even close.

Because if that makes you believe his innocence.. well... you have issues.

No, no, it's based on previous allegations she's made against sportsmen and the associated payouts, along with a few other things.
Can't really say much more because apparently the police are cracking down on anyone talking about her in a way that could lead people to her identity. And whether that's true or not, I don't want to risk it!
Reply 102
Original post by bluenose14
From what I understand, Mcdonald was the one who 'pulled' the girl. Whereas Evans turned up during the night when she was near enough comatose to shag her. Then left through the fire exit whereas McDonald told the hotel staff to look after her.
I can sort of see how they came to the verdict that they did.

That'd make sense if she didn't say that she couldn't remember going back to the hotel. If she doesn't remember doing that, then how could the jury decide she consented to McDonald? Surely she was in no fit state to consent then as well as when Evans turned up later, or did she get REALLY drunk between the two of them?
Original post by xDave-
That'd make sense if she didn't say that she couldn't remember going back to the hotel. If she doesn't remember doing that, then how could the jury decide she consented to McDonald? Surely she was in no fit state to consent then as well as when Evans turned up later, or did she get REALLY drunk between the two of them?

They had her on CCTV going back to the hotel with McDonald. If youre going back to the hotel with somebody then that's obviously going to lead to sex. She sort of 'signed up' with sex with McDonald by going back to the hotel room. The same cant really be said for Evans.
Original post by bluenose14
They had her on CCTV going back to the hotel with McDonald. If youre going back to the hotel with somebody then that's obviously going to lead to sex. She sort of 'signed up' with sex with McDonald by going back to the hotel room. The same cant really be said for Evans.

I think you need to be a bit smarter with what you're saying. I get what you're meaning, but the idea that someone 'signs up for sex' implies that they can't revoke that choice and refuse to consent to sex.
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
I think you need to be a bit smarter with what you're saying. I get what you're meaning, but the idea that someone 'signs up for sex' implies that they can't revoke that choice and refuse to consent to sex.

Yeah, I could have worded it better mate. The girl can decide she doesn't want to have sex after she gets back to the hotel room. But without actual physical evidence it's near enough impossible to prove that it's rape after that. But obviously McDonald just can't rape her after they've gone back to the hotel room, I wasn't implying that as you know.
Reply 106
Sober consent: consent.

Drunken consent: consent.

Consent when so intoxicated you are not in a position to judge the situation: invalid consent.

Not being funny, but everywhere I see this discussed I can't help but feel people are discomfited by this verdict because they previously thought it was acceptable to have sex with a girl in a drunken mess, or they're misunderstanding the level of intoxication required for the consent to be invalidated...

I think one of the major issues in the case (from the small amount that I have read) appears to be that the first guy was not found guilty so in essence she was in a fit state to consent to that and did consent. However, she argues she was then (not long after) not in a fit state to consent to Evans having sex with her. There does not appear to be any evidence nor implication of her having had either more drink or drugs to effect her judgement during the intervening time.

It will be interesting to read once the case report is released.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mess.
I think one of the major issues in the case (from the small amount that I have read) appears to be that the first guy was not found guilty so in essence she was in a fit state to consent to that and did consent. However, she argues she was then (not long after) not in a fit state to consent to Evans having sex with her. There does not appear to be any evidence nor implication of her having had either more drink or drugs to effect her judgement during the intervening time.

It will be interesting to read once the case report is released.

Yeah, that is of interest. Of course, it was a jury trial and juries aren't always too hot on the intricacies of the law despite judicial direction.

She argued she wasn't fit to consent to either, but it appears that the jury was swayed by the fact she was with the first guy for a while beforehand.
Sober consent: consent.

Drunken consent: consent.

Consent when so intoxicated you are not in a position to judge the situation: invalid consent.

Not being funny, but everywhere I see this discussed I can't help but feel people are discomfited by this verdict because they previously thought it was acceptable to have sex with a girl in a drunken mess, or they're misunderstanding the level of intoxication required for the consent to be invalidated...

It's still consent if you agree to it. A man doesn't have to judge if you are too drunk to know what you're doing.
Original post by Zerforax
Ched Evan's story is that she consented. That doesn't mean she actually did.. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to lie if he thought it would help him avoid 5 years in jail.

Not that I'm taking sides in this case, I have no idea what happened, nor care other than feeling sorry for the poor girl if he did rape her and for people naming her afterwards.

But it isn't up to him to prove she consented is it? It's up to the prosecution to prove 'beyond reasonable doubt' that she didn't.
Original post by walterwhite123
It's still consent if you agree to it. A man doesn't have to judge if you are too drunk to know what you're doing.

There's a difference between saying yes and consenting, not saying the word but other actions implying that your consenting and then inaction but the male assuming that she's up for it.

A man might not judge the level of drunkness but it doesn't excuse a lack of common sense. If a girl is passed out from drinking, do you think that means she's consenting to sex? Even if she's in a hotel room?

But it isn't up to him to prove she consented is it? It's up to the prosecution to prove 'beyond reasonable doubt' that she didn't.

Well the prosecution obviously did prove it since he got 5 years on trial by jury. If the judge disagreed, the punishment probably would have been lighter too.

Evidently not.
Evidently not.

Just because a jury found him guilty doesn't mean he is. Juries are quite often wrong.
Original post by redferry
So when you get really drunk and you get robbed you believe that is your own fault?

Who said she decided after? You have no idea whether she consented at the time or not. Anyone that takes advantage of someone in that state is a horrible human being and all I can say is it is a relief to have one more of them off the street in my opinion.

There are so many guys like him at uni looking for the next drunk girl to take advantage of, then bragging about it to their mates. It is disgusting.

Some guys like that.

To be honest I don't quite understand the case (and I find it rather confusing), but I'd rather not get drunk. It's not very classy imo, and the thought of losing self-control and embarrasing myself in front of others (hence leading to certain judgements) both scare the heck out of me.

I like to have a drink, but getting so drunk to the point where I'm totally out of it is stupid imo.

I'm not saying that a woman who get's drunk deserves to get raped, no way! :no: You can be sober but a guy could still rape you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by rachelkeira
Some very interesting information has come out about the victim since she was named on twitter last night. I'm sure anyone can find the info if they search hard enough, but remember, don't name her yourself or you are breaking the law!
Definitely 100% convinced of his innocence now.

Inbox me her name sweety
Just because a jury found him guilty doesn't mean he is. Juries are quite often wrong.

The law is very clear on this point, the jury didn't influence it.
Reply 116
no justice for ched evans the girl probably cried rape the next morning after realising she had a boyfriend already and felt guilty,bet the dirty girl loved it
Original post by SOTV
no justice for ched evans the girl probably cried rape the next morning after realising she had a boyfriend already and felt guilty,bet the dirty girl loved it

Charming.:rolleyes:
Reply 118
Something I wondered... don't the reports say that she woke up alone, and she's told the court that she can't remember anything? In that case...how did she even know she'd had sex with ched evans? I can see how she knew about McDonald since she went back with him, but if she is so certain she doesn't remember then how is it that she knew she'd had sex with both? Not casting aspersions on the verdict, I'm sure there's a lot more to it that we don't know, but it just occurred to me.
This is why I dont screw drunk sluts/slags.

That girl knew full well she'd get cash from it but he didnt cum where she wanted him too probably and he took pics of her gooey face. :lol:

Stupid slapper.

Quick Reply

Latest