The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by giveemhellkid
Woooh, got my offer! AABB with a portfolio of writing for English with Journalism & Creative Writing :smile:

belated reply, how do you find the course ? :smile: i've applied this year for the same!
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by stevies94
Anyone else firmed an offer for Chem Eng :biggrin: ?

I did the other day :smile: so you're going to strathclyde too then?
Reply 402
Original post by kizzycannon
I did the other day :smile: so you're going to strathclyde too then?

Yeah :biggrin: Well Excited :smile: You organised accomodation ?
Yeah :biggrin: Well Excited :smile: You organised accomodation ?

Yeah me too :smile: and I'm staying at home and travelling up by train, I don't live too far away. You?
Reply 404
Original post by kizzycannon
Yeah me too :smile: and I'm staying at home and travelling up by train, I don't live too far away. You?

Oh, I come from Aberdeen :L. I'm staying on-campus for the first year. Dont know glasgow too well :/
Oh, I come from Aberdeen :L. I'm staying on-campus for the first year. Dont know glasgow too well :/

I don't go to Glasgow too often so I probably don't know it much better than you lol

Don't worry, I'm from Elgin, not far from you, and it wasn't a hard place to get the hang of :smile: I'd only been for the open day before deciding to live in Glasgow :tongue: Learn where Buchanan Street and Sauchiehall Street is and you'll be fine. The halls are right in the centre of town too so you can't go far wrong :smile:

The roads to know in the West End are Byres Road and Great Western. Those four will get you to almost anywhere really. Add that to the Subway and it's so easy to get around :smile:
Reply 407
Original post by GingerGoat
Don't worry, I'm from Elgin, not far from you, and it wasn't a hard place to get the hang of :smile: I'd only been for the open day before deciding to live in Glasgow :tongue: Learn where Buchanan Street and Sauchiehall Street is and you'll be fine. The halls are right in the centre of town too so you can't go far wrong :smile:

The roads to know in the West End are Byres Road and Great Western. Those four will get you to almost anywhere really. Add that to the Subway and it's so easy to get around :smile:

Cheers mate :biggrin:, what year are you in ? :smile:
Cheers mate :biggrin:, what year are you in ? :smile:

I'm 2nd year ChemEng at the moment. First exam is tomorrow too. Can't believe that's me almost done second year, it's flown by. You'll probably find the same :P
Any more questions etc, feel free to ask. I know I had plenty when I was applying!
Reply 409
I'm 2nd year ChemEng at the moment. First exam is tomorrow too. Can't believe that's me almost done second year, it's flown by. You'll probably find the same :P
Any more questions etc, feel free to ask. I know I had plenty when I was applying!

Wow, awesome :biggrin: you enjoying the course? Is it true that depending on your advanced higher grades, you don't need to do the first year exams :P ?
Wow, awesome :biggrin: you enjoying the course? Is it true that depending on your advanced higher grades, you don't need to do the first year exams :P ?

Yes, if you get good Advanced Highers in Maths and Chemistry you're exempt from 2 maths exams and a chemistry exam. So 3 out of your 6 exams for the year. You still need to do the 2 ChemEng modules and the chemistry labs.

I enjoy it, aye. I switched from the ACCE course after first year. The modules're interesting and the research looks amazing. Microreactors, synthetic blood, self delivering drugs. :biggrin: I like how it's all about solving problems, not just reciting arbitrary knowledge. Also one of the first year ChemEng lecturers is a legend :biggrin:
Reply 411
Yes, if you get good Advanced Highers in Maths and Chemistry you're exempt from 2 maths exams and a chemistry exam. So 3 out of your 6 exams for the year. You still need to do the 2 ChemEng modules and the chemistry labs.

I enjoy it, aye. I switched from the ACCE course after first year. The modules're interesting and the research looks amazing. Microreactors, synthetic blood, self delivering drugs. :biggrin: I like how it's all about solving problems, not just reciting arbitrary knowledge. Also one of the first year ChemEng lecturers is a legend :biggrin:

Nice one ! :biggrin: Is a good grade an A or B .... so I know how hard to try ! :L

Really looking forward to uni !

Sort of looking to the oil industry myself... being in Aberdeen and all :smile:
But my graduation is still ages away !
Nice one ! :biggrin: Is a good grade an A or B .... so I know how hard to try ! :L

Really looking forward to uni !

Sort of looking to the oil industry myself... being in Aberdeen and all :smile:
But my graduation is still ages away !

Grade B I believe, with an A in Higher too.

Meh, currently I want to avoid the oil industry, think most other things look more interesting. Just seems to be the ££££££££s that attract folk. And if I ever have to live in Aberdeen I'll probably want to hang myself :lol:

My graduation should be ages away but it doesn't feel like it. First exam is tomorrow :redface:
Reply 413
It's d-day and I still haven't decided! got an unconditional for mech eng at Strath but can't make up my mind where to go...anyone got anything on the course or strathclyde that might help sway the decision?
Reply 414
I have received a conditional offer for Msc Finance....
Reply 415
Anyone else doing physics and/or maths at Strathclyde?
Reply 416
I have received a conditional offer for Msc Finance, and my conditions are also met. Confused between Henley B-School and Strathclyde.:confused:
Reply 417
Original post by TTTC
Anyone else doing physics and/or maths at Strathclyde?

I am! I haven't yet found another person who is though ha.
Original post by DragonHeartstring
Anyone out there going to do Forensic Biology? In fact, just any of the Biological Sciences?? Seem to be quite the scarce bunch. But I know they're out there!

I firmed an unconditional offer just a few days ago for Strathclyde :biggrin:

I am xD Doesn't seem to be many of us on here :L
Original post by Unsought_Jarad
I am xD Doesn't seem to be many of us on here :L

I have quite a few friends doing that who're going into 3rd year, if you have any questions about it I can pass them on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest