The Student Room Group

Politics/IR/Government Applicant Stalking Page 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
AS grades: AAACE
A2 predictions: AAAB ( plus extended project which is my fifth but no prediction for it)
Applying for:
Politics and IR - Royal holloway - AAB (Offer)
Politics - Surrey - ABB (Offer)
International Relations - Queen mary 360 points (Offer)
International politics - Kings college - AAB
Politics - SOAS - AAA
Reply 61
I have a Cambridge interview and an offer from Sussex :smile:
Original post by judhika
OMG i wana go King's soooo badly.. the campus is AMAZING and the course is literally made for me.. if i dont get in ahhh depressing!

Same, but I know I probably won't get in so I'm not getting my hopes up <_<
Original post by judhika
OMG i wana go King's soooo badly.. the campus is AMAZING and the course is literally made for me.. if i dont get in ahhh depressing!

Out of interest, why is the course so good? I didn't really do masses of research on the course and just applied there because I didn't know what else to put so I would be interested to hear your opinion on it.
GCSEs - A*AAAAAAABB

IB Prediction - 39

Applied to: (in no particular order)
Durham - IR
Bath - Politics w/ IR
Warwick - PAIS
Nottingham - IR & Global Issues
Exeter - IR

Offer from Exeter for IR - 36
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by mrsnabokov
I have a Cambridge interview and an offer from Sussex :smile:

What grades do you have to get an interview from Cambridge... in terms of GCSE's and As module marks?

Good luck btw!
Reply 66
Original post by strawberryjellybaby
Out of interest, why is the course so good? I didn't really do masses of research on the course and just applied there because I didn't know what else to put so I would be interested to hear your opinion on it.

See I mainly love the university, and the location of the campus. Also the course covers a wide range of topics and so give you a good base for like a future political career. Also I really want to work for maybe like Defence LOL so they have special links with them and stuff woo! Doubt i'll get in its super competitive!
Original post by judhika
See I mainly love the university, and the location of the campus. Also the course covers a wide range of topics and so give you a good base for like a future political career. Also I really want to work for maybe like Defence LOL so they have special links with them and stuff woo! Doubt i'll get in its super competitive!

That's good to know, I have an offer but I'm really into political philosophy at the moment and the course doesn't seem to have any focus on that really. Do you have a link to a list of topics or something because I'm finding it difficult to find out about it.
Reply 68
That's good to know, I have an offer but I'm really into political philosophy at the moment and the course doesn't seem to have any focus on that really. Do you have a link to a list of topics or something because I'm finding it difficult to find out about it.

You have an offer?!?! I would love to be you right now lol if you just check the website? That seems to be the best access to module titles and all that :smile:
Original post by judhika
You have an offer?!?! I would love to be you right now lol if you just check the website? That seems to be the best access to module titles and all that :smile:

Ah ha, just found the specification. Quite like the idea of learning Arabic! Yeah I do, but its my 5th choice as I'm not massively keen to live in London as a student.
Reply 70
Ah ha, just found the specification. Quite like the idea of learning Arabic! Yeah I do, but its my 5th choice as I'm not massively keen to live in London as a student.

See as a Politics student, it seems to be best to stay in the center of it all, where all the action is ya see? Added to that i love london so much, as thats my home, and the atmosphere i think is just for me :smile: What's your first choice?
Original post by judhika
See as a Politics student, it seems to be best to stay in the center of it all, where all the action is ya see? Added to that i love london so much, as thats my home, and the atmosphere i think is just for me :smile: What's your first choice?

Ah, that makes the difference. I'm from rural Lincolnshire so it would be a baptism of fire for me!
My first choice is Cambridge, though my more realistic second choice is Durham.
Reply 72
Ah, that makes the difference. I'm from rural Lincolnshire so it would be a baptism of fire for me!
My first choice is Cambridge, though my more realistic second choice is Durham.

Cambridge wow :smile: Apparently the Durham department is really good for Politics. For me, I don't to leave London, although i've applied to Nottingham and Leicester, and Leicester may be my back p :frown:
Reply 73
Does anyone know when Warwick get back to politics and international studies UK applicants? I have replies from all my other unis just not my first choice aha
Original post by socrates44
Does anyone know when Warwick get back to politics and international studies UK applicants? I have replies from all my other unis just not my first choice aha

this too would interest me :P
Original post by Campsa
What grades do you have to get an interview from Cambridge... in terms of GCSE's and As module marks?

Good luck btw!

I have my interview on Friday and had:
6A*s4As at GCSE
4As at AS,
(170/200 Politics, 184/200 Economics, 182/200 Geography, 275/300 Maths)
Reply 76
Original post by Campsa

Good luck btw!

Thanks I think it went pretty well - my GCSE's are 3 A*'s, 7 A's and 2 B's and at a-level I got a*aa
Reply 77
Hey as anyone applied to SOAS?
I've applied to do History and Politics at:

Aberdeen,
Stirling,
Strathclyde,
Dundee
and Hull.

No offers/rejections yet, but I have AACC at Scottish Higher and I'm resitting the C's and crashing two extra subjects :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by socrates44

It is in january, didnt you get the email?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending