The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by SMed
I got it. It's over 500kb so PM me your email. :smile:

Zomfg, I love you! Will sent teh PM right away. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 201
attempting new revision technique 4 months before exams.. should be ok, right?!
Original post by Wangers
x

Cheers
Saw a patient with a BMI of...93(!!) today, weighed a quarter of a tonne
Reply 204
Original post by billet-doux
I'm not sure about their policy for externals, but for internals King's require you to pass all your exams & SSCs first time with a minimum of 55%. Whereas for Imperial I believe they'll take you as long as you pass your exams for that year- whether it may be first time or by resits.

Hope this helps!

Thanks that has been pretty helpful, I just trying to aim for like 65% this year, not sure how possible that will be but its a safe bet.

Original post by beccasarah

The unis don't talk to each other, so they won't know if you have offers elsewhere. Generally the offer dates are staggered, so King's came out first, then QM/BL, then Imperial last year. You then have until sometime in May, I think, to return their reply slip and say yay or nay to their offer. There's no point in having an insurance like on UCAS cos all of them will be asking you to pass the year - if you don't do that then it's unlikely any of them will take you. Never heard of people being rejected post-offer .

Not sure why kings would set such a standard and not state it in their emails, I guess its supposed to keep the number down for intercalation? Thanks though for the info.
Reply 205
Original post by clarusblue
Saw a patient with a BMI of...93(!!) today, weighed a quarter of a tonne

OMG, how did he get into the hospital?
Original post by -steph-
OMG, how did he get into the hospital?

No idea, I arrived as they were just finishing the settling in!
Original post by digitalis
So, in reality, fairyspangles passed overall, did borderline in a handful and failed one. :p:

Fairyspangles got a borderline in one examination and passed everything else. Still peed off though first borderline in the whole year therefore im counting it as crashed and burned!
Reply 208
Original post by crazylemon
The fact that my partner is Irish and I have a rediculous posh accent and neither of us look anything like them makes it even more weird.

I've just become used to being called 'medical student' .
Original post by fairy spangles
Fairyspangles got a borderline in one examination and passed everything else. Still peed off though first borderline in the whole year therefore im counting it as crashed and burned!

ocd.JPG
I am obsessive and proud of it :smile:

Is it just me or does anyone else have all this random information floating around in their head, that just a - doesnt make sence as its so disjointed and b - isnt really of any use!!
Original post by fairy spangles
I am obsessive and proud of it :smile:

Is it just me or does anyone else have all this random information floating around in their head, that just a - doesnt make sence as its so disjointed and b - isnt really of any use!!

Does the random information have to be related to medicine? If it does, then I'm afraid you're on your own there. If it doesn't, well then, hell yeah I have way too much of that floating around in my head!
Also, does anyone have access to this paper:

Journal of Visual Communication in Medicine, 2000, Vol. 23, No. 4 : Pages 153-160. Introducing computer-aided instruction into a traditional histology course: student evaluation of the educational value. Michelle McLean
Original post by Medicine Man
Also, does anyone have access to this paper:

Journal of Visual Communication in Medicine, 2000, Vol. 23, No. 4 : Pages 153-160. Introducing computer-aided instruction into a traditional histology course: student evaluation of the educational value. Michelle McLean

:smile:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
:smile:

Why thank you!

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again." :frown:
Reply 215
I think I'm trypophobic. :s-smilie:
Original post by SMed
I think I'm trypophobic. :s-smilie:

I'm kind of similar. Although I wouldn't say phobic, more that those images/sights just disgust me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 217
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
I'm kind of similar. Although I would say phobic, more that those images/sights just disgust me.

I'm not really phobic, I just also feel grossed out by them and wanted others to click the link. :biggrin:

I think most people seem to have some physiological aversion to those images; they literally start to make me feel ill. :frown:

EDIT: also a few years ago I used to put the pineapple fingers image in my signature, that lasted a day before the mods kept removing it themselves. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 218
Original post by SMed
I'm not really phobic, I just also feel grossed out by them and wanted others to click the link. :biggrin:

Devious! :eek:
Reply 219
See, I'm fine with diabetic feet. I haven't seen anything in a hospital that caused any sort of bother. Except the adult circumcision - that was somewhat uncomfortable to watch, though still not as bad as pineapple fingers and worm boob.

Latest