The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

HPAT Ulster 2012

Does anyone happen to know the cutoff for acceptance for any of the programmes requiring the HPAT this year? Or last year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I heard that Speech and Language is usually about the 96th percentile - I got in the 97th so I'm really hoping for an offer!!
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
oh my, that high? :frown:
Reply 3
I know they only have 30 places on the course, so that makes the requirements higher. Physio and OT are much lower, I think. And I've heard of people getting into radiography with marks in the 50s.
Reply 4
oh right, that's okay then. i haven't applied to speech and language. apparently they won't be making decisions until the 2nd week in april :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Second week of April? Hmm. Guess I can stop logging into Track for a while then! Did you guys apply anywhere else? I applied also to Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen, and had an interview on 12 March. Still awaiting a decision from them as well as Ulster.
Reply 6
yeah, someone heard it from ulster and wrote it on another thread. i kept logging on to track too until i read that! i just applied to ulster because i've studied away from home before. what courses did you apply to?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
I'm hoping this "second week of April" thing turns out to be a mistake! I've only applied for SLC at Ulster because I've already done a degree in English, which means I won't get a student loan, and will therefore be too poor to live away from home.
Reply 8
Ive heard this 2nd week of April thing a few times but it says on the Hpat results "You should receive a letter from UCAS advising whether or not you have received an offer from the University at around the same time as notification of your HPAT-Ulster scores" so lets hope it'll be sooner lol :P
Reply 9
does anyone want to share results for the hpat? just to see, ill start, i got a hpat score of 60 and percentile of 65%, fingers crossed that is good enough though uu will be my insurance choice
Reply 10

Original post by Sophie1985
does anyone want to share results for the hpat? just to see, ill start, i got a hpat score of 60 and percentile of 65%, fingers crossed that is good enough though uu will be my insurance choice

What have you applied for?

Ive applied for Therapeutic Radiography and i got 86 percentile, i hope i get an offer! x
Original post by rachelv63

What have you applied for?

Ive applied for Therapeutic Radiography and i got 86 percentile, i hope i get an offer! x

flip well done u! im applying for dietetics but i already have a offer from leeds met and tbh would rather go there anyway. Im not hopeful now after seeing ur score, but at least it will prepare me.
Reply 12
Original post by Sophie1985
flip well done u! im applying for dietetics but i already have a offer from leeds met and tbh would rather go there anyway. Im not hopeful now after seeing ur score, but at least it will prepare me.

well my actual Hpat score was 65 so I guess all the scores are realllyy close together. I have offers from other places but I only really want to go to uu. I wish they'd hurry up and make offers!
Original post by rachelv63
well my actual Hpat score was 65 so I guess all the scores are realllyy close together. I have offers from other places but I only really want to go to uu. I wish they'd hurry up and make offers!
i know its really frustrating all this waiting, some are saying we should hear today but others are saying its the second week of april we will hear, oh well fingers crossed x
Reply 14
I scored in the 100th percentile. Hoping I get an offer for diagnostic and/or therapeutic radiography at UU. I'm also still waiting to hear from Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen on diagnostic radiography - keep thinking "any day now!"
Reply 15
Original post by nachtjenevel
I scored in the 100th percentile. Hoping I get an offer for diagnostic and/or therapeutic radiography at UU. I'm also still waiting to hear from Robert Gordon Uni in Aberdeen on diagnostic radiography - keep thinking "any day now!"

That scares me....oh well i guess thats me out haha :P Well done though :smile:

I was pretty sure we'd hear today but no one seems to have heard yet :frown: x
Reply 16
Well I know they take a lot of other things into consideration, not just the HPAT scores, so who knows? It's not always the highest scorers who get the places, I'm sure. Best of luck to *everyone* trying for a place. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by nachtjenevel
Well I know they take a lot of other things into consideration, not just the HPAT scores, so who knows? It's not always the highest scorers who get the places, I'm sure. Best of luck to *everyone* trying for a place. :smile:

yeah, i have 4 other offers but i dont really want to go to any of them haha! Is it diagnostic or therapeutic you really want to do? :smile:
Reply 18
I applied to both diagnostic and therapeutic radiography. I'd love to do either of them, but I really want to do radionuclide imagining. What about you?
Reply 19
I did work experience in both and only applied for therapeutic because I prefered it :smile: I doubt we'll hear today though :P

Quick Reply

Latest