The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexxa.s
Ok so is anyone else still waiting in the newcastle pool or have there been any changes or anything? Tearing my hair out..

yep me, i rang them at the beginning of april and they said we should hear by the end of that week, then i rang them a few days ago and she said we should (hopefully) hear by the end of this week or next week.. so basically end of april -.-

but she did say that there were still a few vacancies left so they're currently deciding atm who is getting those offers from the pool i think x
Original post by afshan93
they do...and its 1.2 to 1.5k! :biggrin:

"Queen Mary bursaries of £1,500 each year for students whose household income is less than £25,000 (and are in receipt of a full or partial higher education maintenance grant)

Queen Mary bursaries of £1,200 each year for students with household income between £25,001 and £42,600 (and are in receipt of a full or partial higher education maintenance grant)"

what-manner-of-sorcery-is-this.jpg
Original post by Pert
you get a bigger loan if you go to a london and kings give you a 1k living bursary

Yes but a bigger loan isn't necessarily the answer to everything, it means I have to pay more back. Plus, I'm not worried about year 1 in halls, it's finding private accommodation in the centre of London that put me off.
Reply 4083
Hey Liverpoolers, just letting you know that I've now made a facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/371271812911762/ as well as the page :smile:
Reply 4084
Original post by liketeeth
yep me, i rang them at the beginning of april and they said we should hear by the end of that week, then i rang them a few days ago and she said we should (hopefully) hear by the end of this week or next week.. so basically end of april -.-

but she did say that there were still a few vacancies left so they're currently deciding atm who is getting those offers from the pool i think x

Ohh ok.... So the wait continues :frown: let me know if you hear, good luck!xxx
Reply 4085
they do...and its 1.2 to 1.5k! :biggrin:

"Queen Mary bursaries of £1,500 each year for students whose household income is less than £25,000 (and are in receipt of a full or partial higher education maintenance grant)

Queen Mary bursaries of £1,200 each year for students with household income between £25,001 and £42,600 (and are in receipt of a full or partial higher education maintenance grant)"

is this for londoners only??
Reply 4086
who's starting at University of Bristol 2012 - to study Dentistry?
Reply 4087
but long term, bigger loan = bigger debt to pay back

yes but with a dental degree who cares
Original post by faz19
is this for londoners only??

nah for everyone who attends queen mary for their BDS degree :biggrin: (and MBBS as well, and pretty much all degrees i think)

Original post by Pert

well sorry for preferring an option which has a debt 15k less than a london uni by the end of the same degree!
Original post by Pert

It doesn't make sense? Going to a London Uni for Dentistry vs going somewhere MUCH cheaper (I'm thinking Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow etc.) means you will probably be on the same salary after graduating, yet you'll be paying 15k+ more in debt. Also, it's not about where you get your degree from, it's what you do with it that counts.
Original post by alexxa.s
Ohh ok.... So the wait continues :frown: let me know if you hear, good luck!xxx

Thanks you too! Xxx
I just got my crb thing from bham today and I'm worried because a few years back, me and my friends were having a picnic and someone accidently dropped some sauce in the park and an adult called the police :/ they took our names and addresses but never said anything about a warning or caution. Will my friend having dropped some sauce stop me from being a dentist now? :'( I will be really upset if it does...
Reply 4092
Original post by Jenniferann232
I just got my crb thing from bham today and I'm worried because a few years back, me and my friends were having a picnic and someone accidently dropped some sauce in the park and an adult called the police :/ they took our names and addresses but never said anything about a warning or caution. Will my friend having dropped some sauce stop me from being a dentist now? :'( I will be really upset if it does...

No, i know people with actual cautions and stuff, that have got offers, but they did let the University know before hand, by declaring they have a 'conviction' even though its technically not a conviction.
Unless you have been into a police station and like had your fingerprints taken and stuff, don't worry.
Reply 4093

Someone called the police for that?! They sound like a right miserable ****!
Original post by jedi-master
hi, is anyone still waiting to receive post rejection feedback from Leeds? thx

you mean post-interview rejection? yep i am, did you get any other interviews?
Reply 4095
I miss TSR :frown: And once you all get into dental school you'll look back on this and miss it too! Sorry for periodically butting in but this thread gives me motivation when it all gets a bit much LOL xxxxxx
Reply 4096
Why do people stop coming on TSR once they get their offers?
Original post by KingBear
Why do people stop coming on TSR once they get their offers?

I haven't! Mind you, the chat in here has died down a bit... but I use TSR for more than just the Dentistry section which I why I still use it.
Original post by KingBear
Thanks. :love: Please stay on and help us 2013 applicants out. :biggrin:

Haha I will. If you need anything just PM me.

But last year I PMed some successful 2011 applicants for interview experiences and even though some hadn't been on TSR for ages, most replied, which was nice. Maybe they got an e-mail saying that they had a new PM.

Really the police got involved? My local park kids are doing drugs and the police don't ever get involved What type of sauce?

No it's fine I asked as I got a caution for driving the wrong way down a one way street And asked will it show up on crb but the police man said only if your charged with an offence

Quick Reply

Latest