The Student Room Group

I won't be able to have kids/get married. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have come to the conclusion that I am the ugliest woman in the world. The women on Jeremy Kyle are more beautiful than me or else how did they manage to have kids?

I could enter the Guinness World Book of Records for being the world's most repulsive looking woman.

I think your biggest problem is your attitude. Negativity. Is. So. Unnatractive. Even if you don't say anything explicit like you did above, negativity still tends to shine through. I know it's not all your fault as being told your ugly won't exactly have helped your self esteem but guys tend to be attracted to girls who are fun to be around initially, and then they'll see if you have a wonderful personality that makes you 'bring home to mum' material or not. Oh and plastering a fake smile on your face doesn't tend to work, people can sense genuinly confident happy people and those who aren't just tend to come across as not genuine. Remind yourself of all your good personality qualities and why you're lucky to possess them. Good looks aren't forever. For example big boobs sag quickly, long shiny glossy hair greys and dying will dry it out, flawless skin will gain wrinkles. Something like a sense of humour will stay with you for life.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
I am 27 and I am not hot. I am getting old now as well which means I am doubly not hot. I am also married. At school I was jealous of the pretty girls who had lots of boyfriends and boys didn't seem to be interested in me - with hindsight I think my own shyness and insecurity wasn't my most attractive quality!

It all works out in the wash, I think I got better at hair and make-up once I left school and my confidence grew. I met my husband at university (cliché) and rather oddly he still really fancies me, despite my grey hairs and wrinkly eyes (moisturise!).

I know it sounds trite and easy for me to say but it does get easier, I remember when I was about 22ish suddenly realising that I was ok in my own skin, away from school, in the real world people do tend to be less obviously judgey and you meet a much wider range of people.

Oh and of my friends who are married most are pretty normal looking, some got bullied at school for their looks but they moved on, grew up and found someone lovely and you will too.
Original post by beetle202
Think yourself lucky that you can actually have children. I'm a 19 year old girl, and it as already been medically confirmed that I can't.

I hate people like you. OP is feeling absolutely terrible, she feels repulsive, alone and hopeless. Then someone like you comes in the thread going "look at me everyone! Look at me! My problem's worse, you should feel lucky!" where the only possible outcome is that you make the OP feel guilty about herself and possibly even make her feel like she's a bad person for being sad about it.

I have friends who're infertile, who found out at an age much younger than yourself and I have to say I have no sympathy for you when you come in here and acting like that.
Reply 43
Original post by mmaize
I am 27 and I am not hot. I am getting old now as well which means I am doubly not hot. I am also married. At school I was jealous of the pretty girls who had lots of boyfriends and boys didn't seem to be interested in me - with hindsight I think my own shyness and insecurity wasn't my most attractive quality!

It all works out in the wash, I think I got better at hair and make-up once I left school and my confidence grew. I met my husband at university (cliché) and rather oddly he still really fancies me, despite my grey hairs and wrinkly eyes (moisturise!).

I know it sounds trite and easy for me to say but it does get easier, I remember when I was about 22ish suddenly realising that I was ok in my own skin, away from school, in the real world people do tend to be less obviously judgey and you meet a much wider range of people.

Oh and of my friends who are married most are pretty normal looking, some got bullied at school for their looks but they moved on, grew up and found someone lovely and you will too.

That's very nice but looks overshadow personality and not only will I never get married and have children, I'll also never have a nice career.
Reply 44
I'm 18 years old, still single, never had a boyfriend, still a virgin never been kissed etc. I am extremely and repulsively ugly. I have been told this by people at school and I am 100% sure this is true. Call me insecure, but only people who look like me are very insecure with themselves.

When I was younger, I was very delusional. I believed that one day I'd marry a rich and attractive man and we'd have kids and live a nice life. Total bull****.

I was even told once by boy, that I'm too ugly to get married. He asked his friends if they agreed with him and they said yes. Mind you, this came out of the blue.

What can I do? I'd love to have kids, I adore babysitting my neighbor's kids and teaching them.

I also believe I'd be a good wife too. I can cook well, I'm intelligent and hard working, I listen, I care, I make people laugh. I'm always supportive of people in my life. I do selfless things all the time.

But since I am shocking unattractive, I am as they say "forever alone".

Its heartbreaking because I want to live a regular life, but I can't. Whenever I see couples/women with children/new born babies I can't help but feel depressed.

Can you post a pic? I can guarantee you are not as bad looking as you think you are
Reply 45
Original post by beetle202
Think yourself lucky that you can actually have children. I'm a 19 year old girl, and it as already been medically confirmed that I can't.

At least you're attractive enough to have a boyfriend/sex.
we need pics for rating
Reply 47
Original post by Mr.mAddd
Can you post a pic? I can guarantee you are not as bad looking as you think you are

I stupidly showed a picture to someone on here after they lured me in, then they told me they didn't find me attractive. :frown:
beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
never had your friend say someone was gorgeous and just think EEWWwww :|
different people like different things, theres someone somewhere for everyone :smile:
x
trolololololol
I'm 18 years old, still single, never had a boyfriend, still a virgin never been kissed etc. I am extremely and repulsively ugly. I have been told this by people at school and I am 100% sure this is true. Call me insecure, but only people who look like me are very insecure with themselves.

When I was younger, I was very delusional. I believed that one day I'd marry a rich and attractive man and we'd have kids and live a nice life. Total bull****.

I was even told once by boy, that I'm too ugly to get married. He asked his friends if they agreed with him and they said yes. Mind you, this came out of the blue.

What can I do? I'd love to have kids, I adore babysitting my neighbor's kids and teaching them.

I also believe I'd be a good wife too. I can cook well, I'm intelligent and hard working, I listen, I care, I make people laugh. I'm always supportive of people in my life. I do selfless things all the time.

But since I am shocking unattractive, I am as they say "forever alone".

Its heartbreaking because I want to live a regular life, but I can't. Whenever I see couples/women with children/new born babies I can't help but feel depressed.

if you really want a kid, there a literally millions of kids that never had a parent that you could help via adoption. Question is do you really want to be a mother or just looknig for someone to marry you becuase society deems you ned to start a family.
Reply 51
buy a cat
Reply 52
At least you're attractive enough to have a boyfriend/sex.

Judging from your replies on here, I think you need to gain some emotional maturity. You seem to be under the false impression that without amazing good looks you won't be able to do anything, not only get married and have kids, but get a career also. This is just pure nonsense. Your personality and your actions will get you further than your looks ever will!

Maybe you really are a troll.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
You are very negative. I doubt very much that's it your appearence that lets you down, it's your attitude.

I used to feel pretty hideous but then I started to not bother what people thought (even though they probably weren't thinking anything at all). Confidence is key, and if you make an effort, people might make an effort with you. It's harsh, but true. Everything you have said is completely negative. Who would want to hang around with a negative person? You need to look at life positively, there is so much you can do with your life. Smile a bit, go for a few walks and maybe join a club or something.

What's the worst that could happen?
Oh suck it up for goodness sake. I was going to post something you'd probably find helpful, but judging by your responses you're obviously a self obsessed, miserable cow who isn't willing to listen to any of it, which begs the question: why make this thread? Attention?

There are a lot of ugly people in this world - the ones who find love and do well are the ones who accept it and move on with their life and try like everyone else instead of constantly whining about it.
I doubt you're that unattractive, theres bound to be someone out there who would like you.
Pics or it isn't true
Reply 57
Original post by lukas1051
Oh suck it up for goodness sake. I was going to post something you'd probably find helpful, but judging by your responses you're obviously a self obsessed, miserable cow who isn't willing to listen to any of it, which begs the question: why make this thread? Attention?

There are a lot of ugly people in this world - the ones who find love and do well are the ones who accept it and move on with their life and try like everyone else instead of constantly whining about it.

Shut up, I truly am the ugliest woman in the world.

I am the undisputed ugliest woman in the world. The only woman who truly understands me is Susan Boyle.
Reply 58
Shut up, I truly am the ugliest woman in the world.

I am the undisputed ugliest woman in the world. The only woman who truly understands me is Susan Boyle.

Think I'm gonna call troll now.
Reply 59
Are you so academic?

But listen, this worrying is unnecessary. People have already given the reason, so no point in repeating that. You will be a good wife and a mother.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending