The Student Room Group

edexcel biology unit 2 and 3b

Hi all,
i'm sitting for bio unit 2 and 3b in may and needed tips.bio unit 3b is on mon.
anyone else doin it?

Scroll to see replies

im taking it too on monday, im so freaked out! i dont know how to study for the test ! i guess a tip i can give you is that make sure you know what variables to control in the experiment and what could be altered to improve an experiment. Also, for question 2 , READ CAREFULLY. They have like secret hidden important sentences that they ask you questions about and you have to figure out what exactly they mean.
Reply 2
Thanks.i'm nervous for it.
The practical of effect on heart rate on daphnia,what's the dependent and independent variable
Independent: caffeine concentration
Dependent: heart rate of Daphnia

good luck! :wink:
Reply 4
Good luck 2 u too!
How do u improve this experiment?
here are some evaluatiion issues that could happen , so improve the experiment by 'fixing' these issues :
-Ensuring Daphnia were same size
-If left too long under microscope, temp increases (due to lamp) = increased heart rate
-Ensuring enough data is collected
-Too high concentration of caffeine kills Daphnia Counting of heart beat can be inaccurate
Reply 6
guyz i need help ! i need things to solve with a mark scheme !!!
thx ! :wink:
Reply 7
I'm taking it both of the exams too :/ Do you have any predictions about which experiment can come in the exam tomorrow?
Reply 8
yeaahh can any1 please update the probability of any experiments which can come up tommorrooww and the analysis of those practicles thanx a toneee :smile::smile:
Reply 9
Does anyone have the jan 2012 paper for bio unit 3B?!
Reply 10
i saw that in 2012 paper they asked about bibliography. İn what order should a bibliography be? What do we have to know about a bibliography?
Original post by jerichi
Does anyone have the jan 2012 paper for bio unit 3B?!

i do, give me ur email and i'll send it to u :smile:
Original post by demdil
i saw that in 2012 paper they asked about bibliography. İn what order should a bibliography be? What do we have to know about a bibliography?

first come the web-based references
then come the non-based refernces

ways to improve bibliography: type in URL for web-based references and add the date data was collected by the source
Reply 13
Original post by moha_raghib
yeaahh can any1 please update the probability of any experiments which can come up tommorrooww and the analysis of those practicles thanx a toneee :smile::smile:

i looked at which experiments came in the exam before, and i think
1)daphnia
2)observing mitosis
3)totipotency & tissue culture
may come . (i know that they didnt come in new sylabus p3 , so they may come) what do you think? any ideas? if i'm wrong correct me. i dont have the specimen. But i think that daphnia was in specimen so we will have two experiments left; mitosis/totipotency.
Reply 14
Original post by Lujain Al Omari
first come the web-based references
then come the non-based refernces

ways to improve bibliography: type in URL for web-based references and add the date data was collected by the source

thank you :smile:
Reply 15

seriously!! That's awesome! I'll pm it to you :biggrin:
Reply 16

dude do u have the mark scheme for it ?
Reply 17
Original post by danger-.-
dude do u have the mark scheme for it ?

jan 2012 unit 3 mark scheme.pdf
Original post by demdil
i looked at which experiments came in the exam before, and i think
1)daphnia
2)observing mitosis
3)totipotency & tissue culture
may come . (i know that they didnt come in new sylabus p3 , so they may come) what do you think? any ideas? if i'm wrong correct me. i dont have the specimen. But i think that daphnia was in specimen so we will have two experiments left; mitosis/totipotency.

yeah the daphnia came up in the specimen paper. i guess we are left with 2 experiments. but to be on the safe side just know all of them lol.
Reply 19
Original post by MarshmallowBob
yeah the daphnia came up in the specimen paper. i guess we are left with 2 experiments. but to be on the safe side just know all of them lol.

umm do u have the specimen by any chance ? if yes could you plz send me a link !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending