The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by gaby_xo
Hi,

I received a pre-interview rejection saying I did not meet the initial entry requirements. But as far as I can tell I have. The only thing that might be an issue is that I did not have a B as AS level but I contacted the university prior to applying and the lady on the phone advised me that they would accept my Extended project qualification instead of a fourth AS level. I've emailed them and I ring their offices every day but no one has got back to me so far. I don't really know what else to do but keep contacting them as they are my last chance at medicine this year. Not holding out much hope :/

With something like that where there is the possibility of a mistake then I'd ring them to clarify rather than e-mailing as you will get a direct response and not have to wait whilst every other e-mail query is responded to. However, when they say initial requirements they my be talking about the initial ranking for interview where perhaps your UKCAT/statement/reference wasn't strong enough. Get in touch with them ASAP though to make sure! ... however if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the road if you really want Medicine, there are plenty of adequate applicants who don't get in first time purely because there simply aren't the spaces. A gap year is on the cards as is Graduate Entry, from what I hear it's reasonably common to get in on the 2nd/3rd/4th application! - Good Luck! :-)
Reply 961
Original post by tdx
With something like that where there is the possibility of a mistake then I'd ring them to clarify rather than e-mailing as you will get a direct response and not have to wait whilst every other e-mail query is responded to. However, when they say initial requirements they my be talking about the initial ranking for interview where perhaps your UKCAT/statement/reference wasn't strong enough. Get in touch with them ASAP though to make sure! ... however if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the road if you really want Medicine, there are plenty of adequate applicants who don't get in first time purely because there simply aren't the spaces. A gap year is on the cards as is Graduate Entry, from what I hear it's reasonably common to get in on the 2nd/3rd/4th application! - Good Luck! :-)

Yeah thanks for the response. I'm not giving up yet, will definately take a gap year if I get the grades. I have been ringing and ringing them but no response for the last week and a half. I will try again tomorow :-(
I thought it might be the ranking, and its fine if it is, but I don't want to not even be considered due to a technicality
This wait is killing me. Come on UEA!
Reply 963
Who has the offers in the bag then in here eh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 964
Original post by f.loco

Offers are not given out till march. That's what they said at the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingshill

Offers are not given out till march. That's what they said at the interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't mean it like that :lol:
Reply 966
Original post by Miel Purple
He didn't mean it like that :lol:

Oh, my bad :colondollar:
So is the UKCAT used with our other academics and interview score to decide who gets the offers or is it just academic, interview and no UKCAT to decide about offers, thanks :smile:
Reply 968
Original post by Jimbob995
So is the UKCAT used with our other academics and interview score to decide who gets the offers or is it just academic, interview and no UKCAT to decide about offers, thanks :smile:

i think it's all three but as I said before there's no point speculating, we'll all find out in due course! :-)
Reply 969
Offers are based on pre interview score which includes ukcat and interview score.
Does anyone think offers will be out by the first week in march like last year?
Original post by TheMan17
Offers are based on pre interview score which includes ukcat and interview score.
Does anyone think offers will be out by the first week in march like last year?

They're interviewing later this year so I'd say end of the second week or beginning of the third week but definitely before the 22nd!!
Original post by Jimbob995
They're interviewing later this year so I'd say end of the second week or beginning of the third week but definitely before the 22nd!!

This.
Reply 972
I dont know whats happening, still havent heard from them :frown:
The last interview last year was on the 27th Feb and then offers were given out on the 8th March, 9 days later. Just wondering if anyone has a really late interview this year so we can gauge roughly when decisions will be made?
Original post by Wannabe_doc
The last interview last year was on the 27th Feb and then offers were given out on the 8th March, 9 days later. Just wondering if anyone has a really late interview this year so we can gauge roughly when decisions will be made?

My friend has one on 6th March.

Defo going to be second or even third week.
Original post by letsbehonest

Damn, that's so much later! Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 976
Original post by letsbehonest

Is that for a100 or a104?
Original post by TheMan17
Is that for a100 or a104?

A100
Original post by _sparks
I dont know whats happening, still havent heard from them :frown:

Call them and see. I did on Friday and gave my details to the admissions office because the lady in charge of medicine wasn't there. Unfortunately I got a pre-interview rejection but if I hadn't called up I have no idea when I would have found out! Good luck though :smile:
Reply 979
Original post by yasminalsaffar
Call them and see. I did on Friday and gave my details to the admissions office because the lady in charge of medicine wasn't there. Unfortunately I got a pre-interview rejection but if I hadn't called up I have no idea when I would have found out! Good luck though :smile:

Hey, thanks for replying :smile:
So, what did they say once you contacted them, did they give you a reason for the rejection?