The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Thank you! :hugs: I'll keep you all updated on the outcome of the medical. Hoping I don't have to wait too long for a result as they nerves of whether I'll continue to get ESA are making me ill.

Just read your post about OCD, sorry to hear you're in a setback with it :frown: I hope it passes soon :hugs:

------

Getting the train down to Manchester on Saturday and I'm terrified of having a panic on the train. I've only just started to be able to go to Glasgow on the train which is 50 mins but the train to Manchester is 4 and a half hours. Not been on the train down to there in five years and we usually drive down so I'm pretty nervous. Just hoping the journey goes in quick

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! :hugs: Thankyou! We're all hoping for the best!
Oh that's not good! Just try to think of happy thoughts and put your mind off it (easier said than done, but it's advise my therapist gave me).

Aw no it's fine. Having another bad spell currently! This is the last time I need it seeing as I start my apprenticeship on Monday. I can't tell them either as there's a high chance I'll lose the job (I know it's illegal but it's true). But Thankyou again! :hugs:
Had an awful night :cry2: couldn't sleep until 6ish and then woke up about 20 mins later with sleep paralysis and a huge panic attack. That's the third night this week I've had that. I usually just get it a couple of times a month, let alone a few times in a week :frown: I think it's all the stress from my left over from my medical, worry over going to Manchester on Saturday, nerves over my first appt with my new psychiatrist on Tuesday and a million other things. It's the worst I've been for a while in regards to panics and not sleeping.

I feel like if I have one more panic attack, my body will literally snap in half. Everywhere just feels so tense. I really need to take care of myself today - get some exercise, talk to mum and Callan about how I feel, relax as much as possible etc because I've been running on empty the last few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FireFreezer77

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't that FurryFace' VM to me?
Why did you post that if you don't mind me asking?

No worries, your life is way more important than being on TSR!!
Possible trigger warning for others

Spoiler

The quote thing went dodgey, it wouldn't let me take out the actual stuff directed at me :dontknow: so had to use it all it kept crashing saying 'TSR is not working would you like to close it'.. sorry if I confused you aha. And thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Feel sick and I have work. Damn you antibiotics.
Feel horribly weird. :frown:
Food

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
So worried about going back to uni in September because I know I'm going to get worse and worse. I'm doing a reassessment for a lab report over summer and I can't focus or put what I mean into words. Everything I'm writing is drivel and I'm just writing things to get my word count up. I get so frustrated with myself when I can't think and I can't imagine it's going to get much better. If I can't do one report how am I going to cope in September when I've got my dissertation and everything to think about. :facepalm:
so lonely :frown: have nobody to talk to most of the time and it's making me feel so awful. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
so lonely :frown: have nobody to talk to most of the time and it's making me feel so awful. :frown:

:hugs: x
(edited 7 years ago)
Had a bad day at work. I want to give it up but I can't. I'm fed up of being treated like crap. Yould think that because of how they know I have physical health stuff, that they would know not to push me too far.

They've pushed me too far. They've said too many things to me. I'm being treated like a piece of **** on someone shoe and it isn't fair. I just don't understand what I've done wrong to make her hate me? To my knowledge I haven't done anything wrong towards her? I'm not a mean person. I don't know why she thinks it's okay to bully me really.

Oh don't worry manager. It's only my ****ing life. :cry:
Sore head once more, and I don't like it. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by john2054
X

Original post by Airmed
X

Original post by Midnightmemories
X

Original post by bullettheory
X.

Original post by ScaryScience
X

Original post by Anonymous
X

Okay, so I locked the thread because evidently things were escalating and incredibly heated. Mental illnesses aren't a competition, they affect different people in different ways. As it's been pointed out, people with any kind of mental illness can struggle really badly and then you can have incredibly good periods, It's unhealthy to start comparing problems and it can also devalidate how others are feeling.

This is a support thread - it's in thread title and even though people sometimes get lost in it (as I've said to MM before), people really value this place as somewhere safe and secure, somewhere they post how they're doing and somewhere they're valued for who they actually are and not just seen as someone with a particular diagnosis. The MHSS is arguably the most treasured thread on TSR because of the welcoming atmosphere, the thought that no-one in here is judgemental and the warmth they get from other users, so hopefully it can return to being exactly that :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
Okay, so I locked the thread because evidently things were escalating and incredibly heated. Mental illnesses aren't a competition, they affect different people in different ways. As it's been pointed out, people with any kind of mental illness can struggle really badly and then you can have incredibly good periods, It's unhealthy to start comparing problems and it can also devalidate how others are feeling.

This is a support thread - it's in thread title and even though people sometimes get lost in it (as I've said to MM before), people really value this place as somewhere safe and secure, somewhere they post how they're doing and somewhere they're valued for who they actually are and not just seen as someone with a particular diagnosis. The MHSS is arguably the most treasured thread on TSR because of the welcoming atmosphere, the thought that no-one in here is judgemental and the warmth they get from other users, so hopefully it can return to being exactly that! :smile:

Thank you Deyesy and all the mods for doing a difficult job making sure this is a safe place for everyone :smile:
Original post by bullettheory
Thank you Deyesy and all the mods for doing a difficult job making sure this is a safe place for everyone :smile:

No worries :smile: It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular hence me quoting everyone in but I think one of the best things about this thread that people can come in here, post about anything they're going through or anything that's troubling them and there'll be someone willing to be a sympathetic ear :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
In a state :frown: not been like this for a while **** **** brave faced today and it doesn't pay off intolerant of stress **** ****
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Midnightmemories
Had a bad day at work. I want to give it up but I can't. I'm fed up of being treated like crap. Yould think that because of how they know I have physical health stuff, that they would know not to push me too far.

They've pushed me too far. They've said too many things to me. I'm being treated like a piece of **** on someone shoe and it isn't fair. I just don't understand what I've done wrong to make her hate me? To my knowledge I haven't done anything wrong towards her? I'm not a mean person. I don't know why she thinks it's okay to bully me really.

Oh don't worry manager. It's only my ****ing life. :cry:

It says more about her than you.

Is finding another job an option?
Managed to get 12 hours sleep last night which was deffo needed after not sleeping right for nearly a week now. It's made me feel a lot calmer for the long train journey later :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel so horrific it's scary. Since I moved in here about 7 weeks ago, I have felt so low and aimless and every day seems like even *more* of a struggle than usual (which honestly, I didn't think was possible, given I didn't function at uni either). Physically I feel horrendous. My sleep is dreadful, but even when I'm getting 7/8 hours I wake up feeling like I've been run over (and that continues through the day). I feel bored and aimless, but without anything in me to actually change anything/try and add meaning in my life. I am having so many horrific days that I could never commit to anything. I cant put my finger on it. I just can't. I am very driven and determined and always try and grit my teeth, even though I always feel low, and sometimes awfully so. My anxiety is worse and I cant leave the house alone, and even if I do get out, I feel like I want to cry/run away/struggle to even put one foot in front of the other. I don't think this is purely depression. I have been severely depressed to the point where I cant move a limb/sit up in bed/brush my hair/anything, and still not felt this bleak about life. I don't understand. I am not making meals or doing my laundry or doing anything and I just cant find it within myself to push through or force it. I feel a shadow of myself. I don't think this is a good environment for me, but I don't have the strength or energy to move out. I don't even know what I am saying and it's all muddled but maybe that's a good representation of my muddled, hideous, pain consumed mind. I just cant keep doing this.
How is everyone? :smile:
What a day

After 4 trains, a taxi and the biggest amount of ********s I have ever met in my life, I'm finally at my friend's in Bolton. I thought the ******* at Virgin were the worst I would meet today (made a post about them in the how are you feeling thread if you want the info) but nope, on the last train there were English Ned's (chavs) and they were calling me and Callan names for being Scottish, threatening to throw stuff at us, mocking Callan's looks and weight and making digs at my hair. Deffo the worst travel day I've had but I'm just glad I'm here safe and sound. Let the pet sitting commence :smile: the animals make the day all worth it

Quite proud of myself today. My panics have been through the roof for weeks and was close to cancelling today because of them but I got through it, even with all the **** that happened today and the extra crowds since it's the weekend. I gave myself a good auld pat on the back and I'll have a well deserved takeaway and a bloody drink! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest