The Student Room Group

(URGENT) question, Central St Martins Fine Art

Hey, I'm applying to CSM for BA Fine Art, about to send off a mini-portfolio (yeah, it's late, I know), and everything is sorted, except I re-read what they ask for regarding the mini-portfolio statement:

At the same time as your UCAS application is made, you will need to send a
mini portfolio of your work and additional 250 word statement about the miniportfolio, directly to the College. Your mini-portfolio will be a set of up to 12
photographs printed out on A4 paper. These should show your current work
including research, preparation and development stages of works as well as
final pieces. You will also need to attach a short (250 word) statement about
your current work
in which you may want to refer to artists whose practices you
feel have influenced it; you may wish to refer to problems and how you solve
them and to the ideas and interests important to the work you are showing us.
Your mini-portfolio and statement should arrive no later than 24 January 2011.

Does that sound to you like they want two 250 word parts, or are they just repeating what they first said? Maybe I'm being obtuse but if they want two 250 word parts they seem to define both as being about pretty much the same thing?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Zhexi
Hey, I'm applying to CSM for BA Fine Art, about to send off a mini-portfolio (yeah, it's late, I know), and everything is sorted, except I re-read what they ask for regarding the mini-portfolio statement:

mini portfolio of your work and additional 250 word statement about the miniportfolio, directly to the College. Your mini-portfolio will be a set of up to 12
your current work

Does that sound to you like they want two 250 word parts, or are they just repeating what they first said? Maybe I'm being obtuse but if they want two 250 word parts they seem to define both as being about pretty much the same thing?

Thanks

to me it just sounds like they've repeated themselves?
Reply 2
Original post by Zhexi

your current work

Thanks

You're not the only one sending it off now!! so am I! and for fine art too I think they just repeated themselves, I'm writing one 250 word statement. So nervous! =|
Original post by Zhexi

your current work

Thanks

Just put down that you come from Greece and you have a thirst for knowledge.
Reply 4
I am sending mine on wednesday so i am pretty late too, so shall i send one or two confused.
They're just repeating themselves. the first part is just saying what you need to send and then theyre just explaining in detail what to include in the portfolio & statement :smile:
lol I swear artists always miss deadlines, it's like a rule
Reply 7
Original post by ilickbatteries
Just put down that you come from Greece and you have a thirst for knowledge.

you've no idea how much that made me smile, it's a crying shame I'll be doing painting. Almost forgot jarvis went there, tips things in CSM's favour for sure.

Original post by xxsaraxx7
I am sending mine on wednesday so i am pretty late too, so shall i send one or two confused.

I sent one, although since was printed I didn't think they'd really mind so I went a little over 250. good luck!
Reply 8
OMG I SENT MINE NOW THE WAIT BEGINS, how long till we hear a reply do u think
Reply 9
I sent mine off last minute too! Really hope they get back to me soon, the waiting is killing me!
Reply 10
...did anyone get any sort of confirmation that they received the folio? I don't think anything was mentioned but I'm just wondering.
Reply 11
no confirmation i wana keep stay positive but everytime i get a email i expect it to be from track :frown:
Reply 12
I sent my mini portfolio on around the end of janurary! When should I hear back ?
Reply 13
i just read last years thread and someone got a reply at the end of march :s-smilie: so i am assuming its a long wait
theyve given out lots of portfolio reveiws with the potentail to interveiw u if they like what they see already (i had mine recently and was lucky enuff to get an interveiw.... just waiting now for reply)
Original post by unbornvoices
theyve given out lots of portfolio reveiws with the potentail to interveiw u if they like what they see already (i had mine recently and was lucky enuff to get an interveiw.... just waiting now for reply)

Does that mean that basically if you didn't get asked to a portfolio review then the application is unsuccessful?!
Is this for the BA in fine art?
Ah i'm scared now!
Not necessarily some applicants apparently get chosen on basis of their portfolio alone, however I think this number may be quite few. X
Oh sorry reread what you said, I thought it said interview . Yes if you don't get asked to a portfolio review then yes it's unsuccessful. But they may not have issued all of the review dates yet. And yes ba fine art.
Reply 18
But shouldn't ucas update as unsuccessful, I refuse to give up yet hopefully will still get one
well yes it will, so ur not unsuccessful yet... and you may not be, like i said they may just not have issued all the reveiw dates yet...

Quick Reply

Latest