The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Cannot believe we have 2 weeks to wait for the outcome!
Original post by dsmtrst
Cannot believe we have 2 weeks to wait for the outcome!

Its 3 weeks after your interview date.. so people will hear in the order of how they were interviewed i.e. clinical engineers first.. so its a long wait. I have tried to repress the memories but they keep flashing back! I hope I wont go insane during the next 3 weeks.
Reply 1942
Original post by GraduateSK
Its 3 weeks after your interview date.. so people will hear in the order of how they were interviewed i.e. clinical engineers first.. so its a long wait. I have tried to repress the memories but they keep flashing back! I hope I wont go insane during the next 3 weeks.

I have a horrible feeling after 3 weeks waiting I will get told I am on a reserve list and then the wait continues...
Original post by dsmtrst
I have a horrible feeling after 3 weeks waiting I will get told I am on a reserve list and then the wait continues...

I dont see the point of being told your on a reserve list. Can you imagine it..?

'You were good but not good enough - you missed it by the skin of your teeth. If the person who scored (just one more point) more than you decides not to take the job (which they wont, cos who the hell would turn it down), we may offer it to you!! Lucky you!'.

Saying that, Im hoping im on a reserve list if I dont get an offer :wink:
Reply 1944
I dont see the point of being told your on a reserve list. Can you imagine it..?

'You were good but not good enough - you missed it by the skin of your teeth. If the person who scored (just one more point) more than you decides not to take the job (which they wont, cos who the hell would turn it down), we may offer it to you!! Lucky you!'.

People may turn it down if they don't get offered the location they wanted but I doubt many would - i'd accept any location!!
Reply 1945

According to this

Original post by stdnt
You can find this in the Recruitment Process Guidance:

After all assessments are completed, the assessment teams select the candidates with the best scores and agree where they are to be offered training. Each host employer selects the applicant to their Trust with the highest score. However, it may arise that unsuccessful applicants to one Trust may have significantly higher scores than the best applicant to another Trust. Under these circumstances, it is possible to invite the candidate to consider accepting a post at a different Trust from the one originally applied to. In this way, the NHS will take on the very best available nationally, rather than just locally.

The highest scoring candidates considered to be of high enough quality but not the first choice on the day, may be offered a reserve place should any of the preferred candidates fail to take up their offer of training.

Informing applicants of the outcome of the interview:
All candidates who attend an assessment centre will be informed in writing of the outcome of their application by the assessment centre. Copies of all letters will be sent to employing Trusts. The letters will either state:

successful at original employer of choice
an offer of a post at an alternative Trust
an offer to be held on a reserve list
unsuccessful.

those on reserve list will be notified of their situation. However, as those getting an offer will only have 48hours to decide whether to accept or decline it, it would only be a couple of extra days of waiting!
Original post by dsmtrst
People may turn it down if they don't get offered the location they wanted but I doubt many would - i'd accept any location!!

Me too!!

I was wondering though, what if some one accepts it but pulls out last minute, like a month before - would the reserves still be the next to contact? Or would they just cancel the post? Cos I wouldnt mind being contacted right up until the last minute. I found out from my visits that people do quit and leave/change their minds last minute.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1947
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
I'd like to know as well. I asked them and they just said to me it doesn't matter who short-listed me. I'll be interviewed for all the posts I applied too...blah, blah, blah.

Lol..i got a similar reply when i tried to ask. I didnt realise we will be interviewed for all the posts we have applied for..i assumed if i got one of my three choices then i would only have the one interview...cool! :smile:
Reply 1948
:
Original post by Panthea
Yeah...this was me being stupid :colondollar:

When the chap called me, he said something about 'listing the three places...', and I thought he meant those were the places that shortlisted me. I now realise he just meant I had to list my top three! :redface:

Sorry about that!

Lol you had me worried there! :smile:
Hi,
Has anyone checked their NHS jobs' status. All the posts I applied to now give me the option to remove in the delete/remove column. I am a little worried as to what this means. Just wanted to cross check with everyone else if this is the case. I am hoping and praying that this does not mean bad news.

Please if someone who knows why this might be so could let me know I will really appreciate. Thanks
Original post by Maureen2000
Hi,
Has anyone checked their NHS jobs' status. All the posts I applied to now give me the option to remove in the delete/remove column. I am a little worried as to what this means. Just wanted to cross check with everyone else if this is the case. I am hoping and praying that this does not mean bad news.

Please if someone who knows why this might be so could let me know I will really appreciate. Thanks

I think it just means you applied for the jobs more than a month ago; nothing more :smile:
Reply 1951
Original post by Maureen2000
Hi,

Yup I have this option as well, seems that this happens once the interviews are done and the posts are closed I think?
Reply 1952
Did anyone struggle with the biochem interviews?
Original post by blue_tonic
I think it just means you applied for the jobs more than a month ago; nothing more :smile:

Thanks blue tonic, do you have the option to remove as well?
Original post by wonky
YES! I'd be surprised if anyonr said it was a walk in the park. Pretty intense experience overall. And I don't imagine most people have had an interview set-up like that before, which probably only added to the nerves.
Original post by wonky
Yup I have this option as well, seems that this happens once the interviews are done and the posts are closed I think?

Thanks so much Wonky. That's relieving.
Hey,

I have my interview for vascular science on Monday - and I'm so nervous!!!

Also after reading through a few posts I've realised I'm going to be on holiday 3 weeks from the interview date!! Does anyone know if we will recieve our letters via email like for the interviews or whether they will be through the post?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by wonky

Even though the interview (not biochem) was quite intense, I found that the interviewers were so nice and tried to make me feel relaxed but just like any other interview one is bound to be very nervous (natural reaction). But that is in the past now we have to look forward and hope for the best outcome.

This forum is the best.
Original post by jackie890
Hey,

I have my interview for vascular science on Monday - and I'm so nervous!!!

Also after reading through a few posts I've realised I'm going to be on holiday 3 weeks from the interview date!! Does anyone know if we will recieve our letters via email like for the interviews or whether they will be through the post?

Thanks! :smile:
They send confirmation via email so make sure u check daily! They may also send a letter in writing and a phonecall but you will ALWAYS get an email.

Of course, they will tell you all of this on Monday anyway so don't worry :smile:
Original post by jonny_boy194
Hi folks,

Just a quick question for those that have already attended interview. Did you take along copies of your degree certificates? The letter only talks about two forms of photographic ID but not sure if taking along copies of qualifications would be a good idea as well?

By the way just to clarify and add to what everyone has said, take 2 original forms of photographic ID and 2 sets of their photocopies. Not 1 photocopy for each ID but 2. I did not quite get that and I had to post another set of photocopies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending