The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

University of Northampton, Sept. 11

Anyone going to University of Northampton in september 11'.. : )) I'm from Bulgaria and I'm going to take Law&Politics course in Northampton and I'll be glad to chat with people going to Northampton too.. : ))
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toninho
Anyone going to University of Northampton in september 11'.. : )) I'm from Bulgaria and I'm going to take Law&Politics course in Northampton and I'll be glad to chat with people going to Northampton too.. : ))

ME!! :smile: I will be studying Health Studies/Human Resource Management! :woo: It is my definite insurance, as I have set sights on Nottingham Trent, but if I don't the grades then Northampton here I come! :cool:

Have you sorted out your accommodation yet, I'm still choosing...:s-smilie:
Northampton
Im at Northampton Uni, so any questions quote me and ill give you a truthful answer!
Reply 3
Original post by Stringer987
Im at Northampton Uni, so any questions quote me and ill give you a truthful answer!

Is it good ? How long is "freshers week" ? What are you studying and what's situation about the accommodation ? Tell me something about living costs and the life in university..
Original post by toninho
Is it good ? How long is "freshers week" ? What are you studying and what's situation about the accommodation ? Tell me something about living costs and the life in university..

Freshers week is monday to friday and it is only the first years in uni so you can hang out in the student union and go town and all that, its a good time to get round and meet people.

Accomodation might be a problem if you do not apply for the university as a first choice as the halls arnt that massive so if you have it as an insurance choice be prepared to try and find some private accomodation.

living costs are great if you go private accomodation with your mates as you get great room sizes and it isnt massivly expensive. Uni living costs are expensive as the rooms are quite expensive. Asda is just down the road so its all good.
Reply 5
can u give me some pic from the halls and university inside ; ? : ))
Reply 6
Hey i'm going to Northampton University in September 2011 to study Criminology :smile: I'm so nervous lol x
Reply 7
Have any of you guys had to have an interview at Northampton Uni for your courses? I think I'm one of the only ones who I've spoken to that has to have an interview. Any tips on the interview/presentation I have to do??. I'm starting to get abit nervous what with only 1week to go :-/
Reply 8

Me too
Reply 9

Im thinking of going to Northampton, do you know if the sociology course is any good?
Reply 10
* raises hand * HERE! :P I'll be studying Music Production
Reply 11
oo music production nice! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Rich_N
* raises hand * HERE! :P I'll be studying Music Production

Be prepared to be treated like a college student and not a university student. My boyfriend is just finishing his first year there. That is assuming that the course is still going to be based at Booth Lane College next year?

Unless you're doing the top up to degree, then I think it's all good :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by JemMills
Be prepared to be treated like a college student and not a university student. My boyfriend is just finishing his first year there. That is assuming that the course is still going to be based at Booth Lane College next year?

Unless you're doing the top up to degree, then I think it's all good :smile:

Yeah I'm doing the top up degree. I did two years of Popular Music studies (with production as my main core module) at another college and I know what you're talking about. It annoyed me how ,even though I was doing a HE course ,the general attitude from tutors AND other students was the same as attending college.
Reply 14
Yeah, I think he gets a bit fed up with it and was completely differently to what he expected.

I remember looking around the Music department at Avenue campus and it's in the basement of the university which is quite different :P The guy that runs it seems sound though.
Original post by tinysmiley
Im thinking of going to Northampton, do you know if the sociology course is any good?

Not sure! Ill have a ask around!
Reply 16
If you're a bloke going to Northampton next year, you'll probably shag my former best friend.
Reply 17
I received OFFICIAL confirmation of my place at Northampton for this year :biggrin:

See you folks there!
Reply 18
i am going northampton uni in sept 11 aswell i shall be doing either business computing/tourism or computing HND, is anyone else doing such course?

see you all there , cannot wait tbh x
Original post by Muffinz
If you're a bloke going to Northampton next year, you'll probably shag my former best friend.

Name? aha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending